LegacyGT.com

Fast Buick?

Guest *Jedimaster*
The 3.8 superchaged is a torque monster..if you add a 3" pulley..an intake..exhaust & thermostat you can easily add 50-60 bhp to 3.8;)

I will tell you the 3.8 with these mods will SMOKE the new 5.3!

Without a doubt.

That would make me feel a lot better if some old fart wan't behind the wheel...

Though I guess you should never underestimate old people :lol:

Yeah, watch out for foagies. I am one, with 05LGT5EAT Cobb uppipe, FLOW shorty DP and Stg2-93.

Keep in mind.................foagies do not always drive Buicks.http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

College buddy of mine has a 05 GTP Comp G W/3" pulley...intake...Coilpack...SLP exhaust...& low temp thermostat!

Very impressive down low...it just runs out of stem up high;)He wanted to try out my Gtech Pro SS 0-60 5.74...sticky tires would have REALLY helped;)

He works for GM...basically stole the car! Employee pricing is def not the same as we consumers are being BS'd into!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Ahhh... the Grand National... what a scary contraption that was. Positively brutal acceleration, frighteningly bad brakes, shopping cart handling prowess and an interior only a grandfather would love. I never got the point of that thing. The GMC Typhoon was a much more interesting application of that engine... at least it had AWD, reasonable brakes and actually cornered pretty well.

We built a audio system into a modded Typhoon for the owner of Servint.com - a young punk who started an ISP out of his college dorm room. That think was SCARY fast, but a clunky transmission. Alot of fun though.

The GMC Typhoon was a much more interesting application of that engine... at least it had AWD, reasonable brakes and actually cornered pretty well.

Actually, the GMC Typhoon/Syclone and the Buick GN had completely different engines:

GN = 3.8L turbo

Ty/Sy = 4.3L turbo

They didn't really have much in common...

The 3.8 superchaged is a torque monster..if you add a 3" pulley..an intake..exhaust & thermostat you can easily add 50-60 bhp to 3.8;)

I will tell you the 3.8 with these mods will SMOKE the new 5.3!

Until you start modding the 5.3 ;)

Ahhh... the Grand National... what a scary contraption that was. Positively brutal acceleration, frighteningly bad brakes, shopping cart handling prowess and an interior only a grandfather would love. I never got the point of that thing. The GMC Typhoon was a much more interesting application of that engine... at least it had AWD, reasonable brakes and actually cornered pretty well.

mmmmm Typhoon/Cyclone very sexy! Me likey

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Guest *Jedimaster*
The 3.8 has a very good rep for responding to mods as well as being durable. The only 4.3 I have personal experience with broke all the time- lifters, the engine block itself rotted through- you name it.

The 3.8 has a very good rep for responding to mods as well as being durable. The only 4.3 I have personal experience with broke all the time- lifters, the engine block itself rotted through- you name it.

The 4.3 is a pretty strong motor - it's essentially a gen1 smallblock (350) minus two cylinders. Same bore, stroke, and block geometry.

Archived