LegacyGT.com

Fast Buick?

Today I was on my way to lunch in my Leggy and ran across probably the fastest Buick that I have ever seen. It looked like a LeSabre with dual exhaust and those three chrome-lined ovals just in front of the front doors. I was NOT RACING HIM, just doing my usual spirited driving when the light turned green. I didn't notice it until he absolutely FLEW by me, and went off in a race with, apparently, himself.. Just curious if anybody knew what it was.
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I didn't think that they made them recently. I should have mentioned this in my initial post, but this was probably from the 2000-2003 era, the "These cars were touched by the ghost of Harley Earl" era.
Oh :rolleyes: now you're gonna make me think

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Nah.....you didn't see a Grand National. That's an OLD car and you would know it:

http://www.carsearch.com/photos/741133.jpeg

You probably saw a Regal or LeSabre - some have the supercharged 3.8 V6 that is shared with the Pontiac GTP and others.

That 3.8 s/c engine is great though- a pulley, some EM and you run a LOT faster.

<---came form a 2000 GTP.

That would make me feel a lot better if some old fart wan't behind the wheel...

Though I guess you should never underestimate old people :lol:

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

That would make me feel a lot better if some old fart wan't behind the wheel...

Though I guess you should never underestimate old people :lol:

Maybe he just wanted to get to the all you can eat buffet before the senior citizen discount expired? Or bathroom break? :D

They may be fast, but still fugly.

X

---

You know, i'm totally ignorant of how fast those Park Avenues can go, if "souped up."

Anyone in the know, I'd love to learn. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Don't forget too that if a car that is a 7-8 sec 0-60 car FLOORS it at a light and you just pull out like normal it will seem fast to you. Since the LGT is only like 2 sec quicker then that you would have to have the throttle down pretty far too if you wanted to match a 7 sec 0-60 time. Not that you couldn't easily do it. But most of the time when you don't care (like it sounds like you weren't caring) you wil run like a 10-15 sec 0-60 time.

I don't know if I explained that right but at least I know what I mean hahaha

Archived