LegacyGT.com

fredrik94087's 2015 WRX

The fact that it doesn't drop to 3000 makes it a good sign to bump it up. But, I don't think it hurts anything to just leave it there...the revs drop slowly, and if my shift is very slow, at least I will be at 3000 rpm.

Not sure if I can use the launch feature with a 6mt, but I will look into that as well.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^you sure can. LC is great. just set the rpm, foot on the clutch and floor the throttle. then side step the clutch and you are off. I have it in my MX-5, but i dont have to worry about drive-line failure like you do with AWD;)

Soooo...latest in checking logs. Note that this is on road and not with as much abuse as it would see on a track.

91 OTS stage1 with 96 blend...no knock DAM is 1 all the way.

93 OTS stage1 with 100 octane...no knock DAM is 1 all the way...even during flat-foot shifting.

I think we have a winner with the Cobb OTS stage 1 maps.

Had a decent conversation with Perrin and I called JSC and spoke with Justin. Justin was very forthcoming and full of good information. We talked for at least 20 minutes.

Doesn't look like we need an air-oil separator or catch can like the EJ motor did. Justin will be checking the intercooler soon to see if in fact they need a separator or not. They didn't at 15,000 miles with track days on it. The car is now close to 40,000 miles.

And AVO or TurboXS TMIC will not need a tune...factory ECU will adjust based on cooler air temps. These keep the stock hoses, so you are really getting just cooler air.

Thermostatic oil cooler and a racing radiator are going to be a must for track days regardless of map and fuel...even with E85.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I haven't bit the bullet on the AP yet, I've had my car a week, already have 1000 miles on it...once I hit the 5-6k range is when I plan to buy an AP. I have a friend with a set of work emotions with blizzak's that is selling them to me for $700, i'd be stupid to pass that up

^you sure can. LC is great. just set the rpm, foot on the clutch and floor the throttle. then side step the clutch and you are off. I have it in my MX-5, but i dont have to worry about drive-line failure like you do with AWD;)

There was a C&D article a while back (shortly after the '15 was announced) where the author asked a Subaru engineer how to best launch the car for 0-60 testing, and he basically said "clutch in, redline, sidestep the clutch". Pretty sure I wouldn't try that at anything above stock power levels, though. If the transmission is actually the same as the 5th-gen unit, 340-350 AWHP seems to be about the point where you should get the tooth fairy on speed dial.

For what it's worth, I believe launch control and flat-foot shifting are part of all of Cobb's OTS maps (since when, I don't remember) for all drive-by-wire MT Subarus.

^^^ it is heaven sent.

Launch control works for me. For some reason I thought I had to have a cvt for that.

I really want to try the 1/4 mile again. It was a complete disaster two days ago.

Now the car can launch and I can upshift without the car bogging.

ETS intake and tgv delete ordered. Will wait for install and tune.

I don't know about you, but I see Subispeed.com taking a lot of my money in the future :lol: Girlfriend just bought me the JDM grill off their site as an early birthday present. However after watching the install video, I might end up cursing her out because there's a lot of work involved to install the grill. Unlike my 09 Legacy where taking the grill off was 5 screws that all could be done without removing the bumper.

What are you looking at for exhaust options? 2 piece or 1 piece downpipe? I'm still debating whether or not I want to upgrade the CBE which then eventually upgrade the DP as well. I like the STI exhaust and I also like the sound of the Cobb one too. I'm noticing with a lot of videos of the exhausts nothing really sounds much different from stock thanks to EL headers, so upgrading my exhaust will likely only be if I ever decide to go stage 2.

If I do any other pieces I may just do all ETS. They have a resonated downpipe and "quiet" exhaust with large mufflers.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/Exhaust-2015-wrx/

Nice, I just picked mine up yesterday, no plans on modding it just yet. Maybe in AP in the near future.

MO-town eh? i grew up a stones throw from there. did you get your WRX at Morristown Subaru?

MO-town eh? i grew up a stones throw from there. did you get your WRX at Morristown Subaru?

I bought mine from Ramsey Subaru, I know the salesman I bought it from and got a great deal on it.

I'm open to it. I know a guy on Nasioc is doing his monthly drive this sunday, meet up at New Orleans Steakhouse in Jefferson at 10am. I plan on being there this week. I also know on clubwrx there's a bi-weekly meet at the BWW in Rockaway but I'll pass on that :lol:

shoot me a PM, let's meet up.

OP sorry for jacking your thread

I ran next to a 2015 STI that is on E85 and puts down 330whp/370wtq on a mustang dyno.

I am running a beta 100 octane map by AMR.

I was running 275 tires while the STI was running 245 tires.

My reaction time was 0.225 while his was 0.161, so to make it apples to apples, we can take 0.064 from my ET. If I do that, I ran a 14.306@94.16 while the monster STI ran 13.141@100.75.

The ambient temp was reading 85 F. I used launch control and the flat foot shifting feature from Cobb (both set at 5500).

My 5th run used no launch control and no cobb flat foot shifting. I had a reaction time of 0.406 and ran 14.219@94.4. The ambient temp was 2 degrees cooler at 83 F.

Is a temperature in the 80's too much for a Subaru? Is it just Sonoma Raceway's drag strip that seems to be at an incline?

I guess I am not the only one who would swear it is slightly slower and looks uphill.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/1107265-anyone-dragged-at-infineon-raceway.html

My reaction time was 0.225 while his was 0.161, so to make it apples to apples, we can take 0.064 from my ET. If I do that, I ran a 14.306@94.16 while the monster STI ran 13.141@100.75

ET usually doesn't include your reaction time so if anything you'd add .064 to your time to find the true winner of the race (if it were a tree race your reaction would be part of your ET)

Got it!

Either way...too slow for what the car should do. Especially for an sti with a lot of power.

I'm surprised your in the 14's you have got to be able to get it lower than that. what rpm are you launching at? i know when they tested the 0-60 and 1/4 times for the new WRX they were doing full redline dumps (not that that's what you should be doing)

I had launch control set at 5500 rpm and flat foot shifting at 5500 rpm when I ran next to the STI.

Again, the surprising part is the 330/370 whp/wtq STI running like "stock". He was using launch control as well at 5200 rpm. He was not flat foot shifting, but it shouldn't make such a powerful car run as if it just came off the factory floor.

I am talking about the speed at the end of the 1/4 mile...100mph. He had a run at 103mph before that. I also had a better run before that run.

My 3rd run at 83 degrees (2 degrees cooler) and same settings got me 14.32@95.02. A stock 2012 WRX ran next to me using launch control but not flat foot shifting and netted 15.32@89.6.

WRX driver is a High School kid who likes to street race.

The STI driver is in his 30's and tracks the car.

Dunno...I guess a run at Laguna Seca would tell me a LOT more than the 1/4 mile track. Especially my terminal speed at the end of turn 1.

Archived