LegacyGT.com

fredrik94087's 2015 WRX

^^^ I may try that, but I think I am better on a road course than on a drag strip.

At least on a road course I have a much easier way of comparing my car and my driving than with the 15 seconds on a drag strip.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snail Performance dyno tune by Travis in Rocklin, CA.

96 blend protune: 252whp/281wtq (added timing only to 91 protune)

91 octane protune: 241whp/276wtq

91 octane cobb ots stage 1: 230whp/260wtq

for comparison, his 2015 sti baselined at 249whp/253wtq

All runs on a mustang dyno

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Nice. Just to be clear, all of your protunes are Stage1, correct?

Absofrigginlutely!

Aaargh...forgot to ask. If I have a 2.5 year old with me, would it be okay?

Just texted the wife so I don't forget to ask.

I will go.

Wife will not be going...unfortunately...or fortunately...there is always a silver lining.

I am just loving having almost same hp as sti and at least 30 more tq at 120# lighter (base model to base model)

Mishimoto tmic is next. They include a non plastic charge pipe.

Snail Performance dyno tune by Travis in Rocklin, CA.

96 blend protune: 252whp/281wtq (added timing only to 91 protune)

91 octane protune: 241whp/276wtq

91 octane cobb ots stage 1: 230whp/260wtq

for comparison, his 2015 sti baselined at 249whp/253wtq

All runs on a mustang dyno

a dyno graph with overlay of the two protunes. This is stage 1 with no bolt-ons...just a tune.

The best part of the protune is being able to look at the dyno graph and zero in on the log file for a particular engine rev and tune what is desired.

So, the

Factory 2015 WRX 226/233

91 octane cobb ots 232/261

91 protune snail 238/276

96 protune snail 251/281

Factory 2015 STI 249/253

This means I am -11whp and +23wtq to an STI on 91, while I am +2whp and +28wtq to an STI on 96 blend. All of this while Fiona is 120# lighter than a base STI.

The latter is good for track days as I will run closer to 99 octane and should have zero issues as far as AF/timing/etc.

The three graph overlay is cobb ots, 91 protune and 96 protune.

Untitled.thumb.png.9620d342bd81e1c7ac63811ba3d19d1f.png

3overlay.thumb.png.96a3573be2bc5fd364f7b129b2244f1c.png

The Mishimoto TMIC isn't great. You'll get more cooling and flow performance from the Grimmspeed or Killer B when they come out in the next few months. Those are truly engineered by geniuses. The Mishimoto is a rush to market to capture sales B movie version.

The Mishimoto TMIC isn't great. You'll get more cooling and flow performance from the Grimmspeed or Killer B when they come out in the next few months. Those are truly engineered by geniuses. The Mishimoto is a rush to market to capture sales B movie version.

My pro-tuner (Travis) recommended the mishimoto unit. I would have gone with AVO or Killer B and make it plug and play if he had not made the recommendation.

The Mishimoto comes with a solid charge pipe...which helps.

Both the Grimmspeed and Killer B will have charge pipe options as well. I hope you're spending a little time on NASIOC. If you know where to look and what to follow, there is great technical data available amidst the flat-brimmed side-of-ass spewed bullshit.

FWIW, the Killer B was tested against the RacerX, directly, same car, same tune, same day, same conditions, and netted 10 degree cooler intake temps on the TB side and 35 degrees over the stock TMIC. That's massive!!! Also better WGDC by 15%, proving flow efficiency.

Yep, I did read that thread. But, I will stand by Travis' recommendation.

PNL also makes a charge pipe.

Same post went on to say the RacerX TMIC was not much better than stock (if I remember correctly, and I don't remember much anymore)

Yep, I did read that thread. But, I will stand by Travis' recommendation.

PNL also makes a charge pipe.

Same post went on to say the RacerX TMIC was not much better than stock (if I remember correctly, and I don't remember much anymore)

It said RacerX was better in terms of cooling 25 degrees better than stock, but not much better with flow. My guess is that Travis recommended the best available at this time. The best are yet to come and God knows you can afford the good stuff.

^^^ God knows I am headed for disaster :lol:

Depends on where it is set.

When I set it at 4500 and was shifting at 6000, the revs slowly dropped off.

When I raised it to 8000 and shifter at 6000, the revs slowly climbed...of course not to 8000. By 6700 rpm I had finished my shift.

Will most likely not bother with 1/4 mile nor flat foot shifting as I dont want to end up with tooth salad.

That said....I really like this tune from Travis.

LOLOL...

Thanks, but I only want to go faster, turn harder, stop quicker

Tell me it adds 10hp, and I'm in!

Contemplating mid-pipe as next mod after Mishimoto TMIC. just contemplating as I don't want to go full turbo-back.

PNL confirmed that the J-pipe/down-pipe is not as restrictive as the mid-pipe on the wrx.

Archived