LegacyGT.com

Who's been here 10+ years?

BDII

• 1 year later...

Man... I was 6 when my car was purchased August 2005 by the original owner. Funnily enough, I now work for the dealer that this car was purchased from.

What do most who end up giving up on theirs end up buying afterwards? There just aren't any cars out there like it if, in the case of my car, you value a manual transmission.

I went from an LGT to an 07 Acura TL for a couple years (good car but boring) to a 2018 GTI.

I do miss the AWD a bit but other than that, the, GTI checks all the boxes the LGT did. Sporty but also fairly luxurious, kind of sleeperish. Stage 1 tune is easy, seems reliable, and adds that extra oomph.

Can spend up for a Golf R if you need the AWD, but I love my GTI.

I got the DSG which is a very very well done auto, but it is available in manual.

I went from an LGT to an 07 Acura TL for a couple years (good car but boring) to a 2018 GTI.

I do miss the AWD a bit but other than that, the, GTI checks all the boxes the LGT did. Sporty but also fairly luxurious, kind of sleeperish. Stage 1 tune is easy, seems reliable, and adds that extra oomph.

Can spend up for a Golf R if you need the AWD, but I love my GTI.

I got the DSG which is a very very well done auto, but it is available in manual.

The DSG is amazing in those cars. My only gripe with the manual transmission in those cars is... well it's everything else. Rev hang, dual mass flywheel (I suppose our cars had those at one point) and a clutch delay valve with a super light clutch don't make for the most fun experience. That car is best enjoyed with the DSG.

I'm looking to buy a Boxster one of these days as a summer and pleasure drive car. I'd also give a second thought to a boring, reliable car and go all-out with the wagon. I just don't really see myself getting rid of it, but I suppose things change.

Man... I was 6 when my car was purchased August 2005 by the original owner. Funnily enough, I now work for the dealer that this car was purchased from.

What do most who end up giving up on theirs end up buying afterwards? There just aren't any cars out there like it if, in the case of my car, you value a manual transmission.

15 years in August for me.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Bro you just need a Chinese made turbo off eBay, some PVC pipe, JBWeld, and ..... I forget what else.

You’ll be ripping off 11’s in the quarter in no time. You’ll be all like “Do you even vape brah?” at every stop light, as you smash 5.0 Stangs.

Car is gonna run like a raped ape on bath salts!

ok whatever man i came in here askin for help and you goand make fun im new here is this how you treat new members just delete my account

-Sent from Android using Tapatalk

Edited by BDII
just delete it

bro this aint my first tuboed car had a civic than ran 10s got some bikes to but dont race em wuz gonna make the civc rwd but crashed it rear ended a volvo cuz gas stuck open here a pic

http://https://dfarq.homeip.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/err_file_not_found.png[/img

-Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Edited by BDII
why wont the pictures work

Still have my LGT so not an exact answer to your question, but I went from daily driving my Legacy to a 5MT OBXT which I finally traded in last year for a ‘19 Accord 2.0T sport with the 10AT. It’s a modern version of everything I wanted from my Legacy back in 2006, with the obvious exception of being FWD (MT was at least an option for 2019, though hard to find). It’s a great appliance, much larger cabin and exterior dimensions though similar weight to the LGT, but it’s not nearly as fun to drive as the Legacy. I paid $23k for it, new, which is what my Legacy cost (also new) 14 years ago. It also has a lot of bolt-on mod options since it has the K20 from the Civic Type R.

just over 11y here and you guyz still haven't told me what the best oils is for my LGT.

After my 05 wagon was no longer sustainable, the spec b became DD and a '20 Stinger GT1 is the new garage queen.

I just don't really see myself getting rid of it, but I suppose things change.

I had two Porsches (a 1969 911S and a 1980 928) as my daily drivers for 27 years, and today I'm quite content to be driving either our 2015 Legacy or 2016 Outback. Times change, we all change. Celebrate that.

My philosophy concerning cars is unchanged from 50 years ago: Buy something you really like, and drive the paint off of it.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png