LegacyGT.com

Who's been here 10+ years?

BDII

Still here. Only turbo in the stable in the wifes Acura MDX. None of my vehicles are fun to drive. Cant ever recall that situation occurring prior. I know I am getting old and dont need to be reminded. Most likely next step is a late mid-life crisis that involves 4 digit horse power.

I had two Porsches (a 1969 911S and a 1980 928) as my daily drivers for 27 years, and today I'm quite content to be driving either our 2015 Legacy or 2016 Outback. Times change, we all change. Celebrate that.

My philosophy concerning cars is unchanged from 50 years ago: Buy something you really like, and drive the paint off of it.

I have a very bad feeling that I'll be too emotionally attached to get rid of it so, instead of replacing it, I'll opt to just add another to the stable. First the Boxster, got the convertible checked off; next, the boring daily driver, so let's grab the Camry; oh shoot, now I want a track car, what do we say we grab that Miata sitting in my neighbor's front yard that never goes anywhere; nice, well this thing breaks after every track day so I should probably get a truck to tow it, let's buy an F-150.... you get the point.

Without getting intensely personal, I have a lot of memories attached to this car as it was my escape from a pretty scarring home life whenever I needed it when I was younger. I smile every time I drive it. I still hate that it's so f***ing needy, but hey, so am I :lol: I can't even imagine parting ways with it.

I guess I gotta ask: are you content with the daily-duty Subarus you have now because you just don't find any thrill in driving an exciting car anymore, or because you felt you enjoyed other things more? Did age take a toll on you physically and you find driving to be difficult?

If there's anything I've learned from my dad, it's that I need to stay in shape. He didn't, and on top of smoking and his diabetes, his physical health has taken a toll to the point where most activity that isn't sitting in a chair is painful and frustrating for him. I think that's why he just caved in and gave up on bikes and cars. Guess I'll need to be hitting the gym regularly.

I've been driving a turbocharged and/or modified turbocharged car as a DD since 2002 starting with the 1st WRX, the 05 wagon, now spec b.

You don't need to go to a gym. I've never been into that. Maintaining a reasonable nutritional intake and getting a variety of exercise you can do without a lot of fancy equipment works for me. Plus a hobby or two, e.g., mountain biking (my preference) can keep you "in shape" and entertained. Read the labels, do the simple math, leave room for foods you love, even if they're allegedluh "unhealthy." Balance and moderation in all things ---- EXCEPT VEHICULAR PERFORMANCE/IMPROVEMENT !!!

Oh, for both nutrition and cars - AVOID RICE !!!!!

I've been driving a turbocharged and/or modified turbocharged car as a DD since 2002 starting with the 1st WRX, the 05 wagon, now spec b.

You don't need to go to a gym. I've never been into that. Maintaining a reasonable nutritional intake and getting a variety of exercise you can do without a lot of fancy equipment works for me. Plus a hobby or two, e.g., mountain biking (my preference) can keep you "in shape" and entertained. Read the labels, do the simple math, leave room for foods you love, even if they're allegedluh "unhealthy." Balance and moderation in all things ---- EXCEPT VEHICULAR PERFORMANCE/IMPROVEMENT !!!

Oh, for both nutrition and cars - AVOID RICE !!!!!

Performance is more than just engine power. Suspension and brakes are important too - the better they work the closer to the edge you can drive.

Rice is still not as bad as plain sugar. Don't sugar-coat it. Plain boiled potatoes are pretty OK. Fried cabbage isn't bad, beans are fine too.

What sucks is that a lot of food ingredients have sugar added. So a can of spice mix to cook some Asian food can give you some unnecessary sugar.

453747.png

Performance is more than just engine power. Suspension and brakes are important too - the better they work the closer to the edge you can drive.

Rice is still not as bad as plain sugar. Don't sugar-coat it. Plain boiled potatoes are pretty OK. Fried cabbage isn't bad, beans are fine too.

What sucks is that a lot of food ingredients have sugar added. So a can of spice mix to cook some Asian food can give you some unnecessary sugar.

I intended all aspects of mechanical improvements as they work together.

That was semi-sarcastic humor...eat what you want, in moderation. And no turbo badges on your NA car!

I know!..Read the label and know the nutrition basics.

just over 11y here and you guyz still haven't told me what the best oils is for my LGT.

After my 05 wagon was no longer sustainable, the spec b became DD and a '20 Stinger GT1 is the new garage queen.

16 Years here...

Shell Rotella T6 5W-40. You're welcome! :lol: