LegacyGT.com

Bulb Guide

Deer Killer

It doesn't have to be someone from back home. I can buy them off the Inet.

I just know very little abotu headlights so want to make sure I don't order the wrong thing then have to pay to send it back. It takes stuff a while to get here and a while to get back which is just a pain in the ass.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh - forgot to confirm here (even though brother Andrew and I did hook-up on another Forum to confirm the information) here!

Yes, for everyone who is wondering, the "ST" is SilverStar designation.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

just saw that exact bulb at AutoZone today was about $11.40. bosco

AutoZone on-line 3157AST $11.99@ +shipping to 60538. sorry the $11.40 was by memory just letting you know. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DON'T take the headlights out.

Undo the pop-its from the wheel well liner. any of them from the axle line forward, and pull the wheel well liner out a bit, so you can reach behind it. there is at least a couple under the front apron area. be careful not to break them, although if you have some extra pop-its, some stubborn ones it is easier to just break off, and pull out.

With some nimble fingerwork, and some patience, you can rotate and pull the indicator socket out, and pull the bulb out of it... you may want to hold the bulb in a certain orientation as you bring it out of the wheel well area, and note which side of the bulb the writing is on that says what bulb number it is. do the same for the bulb you are putting in, because it will be blind work when you put it back.

you may want to test to make sure they work correctly before you button the wheel well liner back in on each side.

I did it (with silverstar indicator bulbs) while I was changing oil and tires over for the winter, which gave me a lot more room to work, with the car on jack stands, and the front wheels off already.

A low-beam headlight bulb went out the other day while I was on a trip to see relatives for thanksgiving. I bought a single wagner h7(all they had of ANY kind of h7), which does not match the other bulb. (the ones installed are VERY blue.) But tonight, I am going to stop by the auto parts store, and grab a pair of H7 silverstars, and keep the new wagner as a spare in the car.

I am kind of dissappointed that the new Silverstar Ultras, which are supposedly both brighter, and more robust for longer life, are not offered in an h7. only the 900x series bulbs so far.

Oh, well. if the Silverstars burn out in the near future, I may have saved up for a HID optic retrofit, anyway.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DJ Proez
Just for the record after taking my bulbs out they are actually HB 55w bulbs for the 2008 legacy let it be known. My user manual even told me different.

• 2 months later...

An *INCREDIBLY* useful website for lighting / light bulb questions is:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

Just find your model and year and click ...

Note: Even my owners manual is goofy.:spin: I have a '98 GT and the fog light bulbs are shown as 9006's. No way, Jose! Mine are clearly H3's so .... Y.M.M.V.!

Rgds,

• 2 weeks later...
Just for the record after taking my bulbs out they are actually HB 55w bulbs for the 2008 legacy let it be known. My user manual even told me different.

I found this out the hard way. After already purchasing a set of PIAA IONs in H3, because my owner's manual said so. I opened them to install only to find they were the wrong bulb type. Now I can't return them, because one box has a broken seal.:spin: