LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Exhaust

Thanks guys, and I was just trying to figure out if this set up would work on a 2010 LGT. I just ordered the AP, so I'm looking to not be necessarily cheap, but get the best deals if you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take your time man, do lots of research, and take more time, there's no rush. Its all about planning and purpose. I guarantee you'll change the top mod on your list the more you research.

You can do 10 mods that make the car more enjoyable for less than the cost of a cat back exhaust, which isnt necessary to make more power.

1. Perrin Shift Bushing

2. Perrin (or Kartboy) Short Shifter

3. Clutch Damper Delete

4. 22mm Whiteline RSB

5. Carbotech Panther (AX6) front pads

6. Perrin Steering Damper Lockdown

7. Goodridge Ss braided brake lines

8. Perrin Shifter Stop

9. Perrin Throttle Body Coupler

10. LED interior, license plate, etc bulbs.

Edited by GTEASER

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Reflectors. Its a JDM thing yo. Some people have wired in light kits to work as extra brake lights or reverse. Friend of mine did that on his 4thgen bunmper

i love rear fog's for whatever strange reason. they are just so euro

Many of us here have Nameless axlebacks, etc on 2.5's, 3.6R's and GT's. A lot of the 2.5 guys have swapped over to dual exhaust (3.6R and 2.5GT midpipes fit the 2.5 with addition of hangers on the right side). They are beautiful pieces of art, well made, and sound fantastic. If you want loud, the deletes are pretty loud believe it or not. If you want to hear the sound of your motor but not anything annoying, get the 5" muffled version.

I have the 5" muffled axlebacks on my GT and love them....and wife approved.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo1tfFDfSc4]2012 Legacy GT - Dyno Pull on Cobb OTS Stage1 - YouTube[/ame]

Many of us here have Nameless axlebacks, etc on 2.5's, 3.6R's and GT's. A lot of the 2.5 guys have swapped over to dual exhaust (3.6R and 2.5GT midpipes fit the 2.5 with addition of hangers on the right side). They are beautiful pieces of art, well made, and sound fantastic. If you want loud, the deletes are pretty loud believe it or not. If you want to hear the sound of your motor but not anything annoying, get the 5" muffled version.

I have the 5" muffled axlebacks on my GT and love them....and wife approved.

GTEASER do you have any rolling clips of that exhaust set up by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the best one I have. You need to turn it up loud. And yes, those are peacocks making a racket in the background. It was a windy day too. The beginning at 0:20 when I pull away and then drive by at 1:10 and a fly by at about 1:35.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWWOcTTkHs]Nameless Performance 5" Axlebacks on 2012 LGT - WOT - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by GTEASER

If you're going to be welding on pipe anyways, why not fab the whole thing? Mufflers + Tubing has got to be cheaper. The way I see it a big part of what you'd be paying for in a pre made exhaust is that you dont have to make it.

That said, I love the sound of my buddie's 09 WRX with SPT cat back, I'd like to hear it on one of our cars.

For the 3.6R it's going to be more expensive.. Are you intending on running Raptor Headers? If so then you would have to replace cats with hi-Flo cats. The Y-pipe is a little more involved than making a cat-back on a turbo model. If you're just adding exhaust and no headers a WRX exhaust could be a great option. The straight pipe is very similar and Since it's shorter you can add a NEEDED ultra quiet resonator. Turbo cars don't really require one, but our 6 cylinders create drone at highway cruising speeds without one.

My idea is to purchase an inexpensive 3" turbo exhaust for an '08 WRX Sedan. They can be had for under $400 on eBay all day. I will add my own choice of mufflers and just sell off the 2 turbo exhausts to some Civic owners for $50/each to recoup some cost. Overall from headers back if you go that route, which I see is the only route to go, will cost over $1000 to at most $1500.

Seems pricey, but it's the most cost effective upgrade along with tuning that you can make with these engines. The Headers and Y-pipe would be first on my list of I were you, but if you're just looking for sound and don't care for performance just get axle-backs. My .02 cents.

For the 3.6R it's going to be more expensive.. Are you intending on running Raptor Headers? If so then you would have to replace cats with hi-Flo cats. The Y-pipe is a little more involved than making a cat-back on a turbo model. If you're just adding exhaust and no headers a WRX exhaust could be a great option. The straight pipe is very similar and Since it's shorter you can add a NEEDED ultra quiet resonator. Turbo cars don't really require one, but our 6 cylinders create drone at highway cruising speeds without one.

My idea is to purchase an inexpensive 3" turbo exhaust for an '08 WRX Sedan. They can be had for under $400 on eBay all day. I will add my own choice of mufflers and just sell off the 2 turbo exhausts to some Civic owners for $50/each to recoup some cost. Overall from headers back if you go that route, which I see is the only route to go, will cost over $1000 to at most $1500.

Seems pricey, but it's the most cost effective upgrade along with tuning that you can make with these engines. The Headers and Y-pipe would be first on my list of I were you, but if you're just looking for sound and don't care for performance just get axle-backs. My .02 cents.

Wow! The new guy is starting to talk the talk and walk the walk! You should be commended, you have obviously spent some time reading some forum threads.

I did look through pics and threads of what ItalianLegacy and Perscitus did with their exhausts. I don't really plan on going full headers back yet because of the price. I know the headers alone are $600. My biggest expense coming up will be wheels and tires when my stock A/S wear out so trying not to go crazy with exhaust yet. (trying to make a mental yearly budget in my head so I don't go crazy and have my gf kill me :lol:) I mostly just want a better sound and to increase some of the flow then have the TCM and ECM tuned.

I'd be extremely happy with a small bump in power, as well as a nicer sound, quicker shifts and the lack of the throttle lag. It's quite a nuisance at this point, every time you hit the gas, there's a brief pause then a kick, haha.

I like the "resell to Civic owner" Hahaha

Edited by Timothy.B