• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Work in progress zODZhmX.jpg

I made a custom bumper just to fit 4 muffler tips on my 5th gen legacy GT.

Also made a full custom SS304 exhaust. Sounds amazing.

It looks great! How many centimeters is each tip? Can we please have a sound clip?

Edited by tony saurus
Removed image redundancy

• 3 weeks later...

50bc4cf9d4879634775c59ab26b222e3.jpg

Did some more work on my exhaust. I’d say I’m 80% don’t with the axle back now. I bound up the flange is why it’s slightly crooked but it’s a 2.5 into 2” pipes through symmetrical 4” resonators , 7” single chamber mufflers, and 4” quad tips. Haven’t decided how to do my mid pipe yet and I anticipate having a huuuge resonator to reduce drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

54f2eb1369ea1cc5d996c22cd933d139.jpg

Worked some more on it today: this is the exhaust dropped out of the car while I try to sort out some fitment issues and patch up the holes on my shoddy welds.

Also here are my “bandaid” headers until I’m done fabricating the rest of the system.

95ecd6ef1b1b1666ff2c3c46e671c134.jpg

Edited by tony saurus

• 1 month later...
Is this going to be the first turbo 3.6R that's actually in a 5th gen instead of swapped into another chassis?

You are probably the first person to pick up on this lol. Ed knows about it, of course, and my struggles with component failures before I even finish the physical fab on the turbo kit.

I don’t know about mine being the first one but you hit the nail on the head. I have the budget, the only hiccup is outfront. They have always occupied the largest part of my budget and still the quote more than exceeded my expectations financially. I may blow up the factory engine before I do a bottom end build with them.

That's awesome, looking forward to seeing the progress. I don't know if you're of the sleeper mindset, but if you want any assistance making your car look the part, feel free to hit me up. I'm a 5th gen cosmetic encyclopedia at this point.

As for the power-adders, once I get my car back from the new engine swap (yes, I killed my 3.6R, and I'm putting another 3.6 in there) and get my Inferno headers and intake and everything on and sorted and enjoy the power bump from that, my next step is probably going to be seeking out some sort of forced induction as well. Obviously the Raptor SC kit is out there, and it's looking more budgetable for me now then ever, but I am local to one of the best Subaru shops in the country, so I could also have them work up something turbo for me as well. Looking forward to seeing where yours goes.

That's awesome, looking forward to seeing the progress. I don't know if you're of the sleeper mindset, but if you want any assistance making your car look the part, feel free to hit me up. .

As for the power-adders, once I get my car back from the new engine swap (yes, I killed my 3.6R, and I'm putting another 3.6 in there) and get my Inferno headers and intake and everything on and sorted and enjoy the power bump from that, my next step is probably going to be seeking out some sort of forced induction as well. Obviously the Raptor SC kit is out there, and it's looking more budgetable for me now then ever, but I am local to one of the best Subaru shops in the country, so I could also have them work up something turbo for me as well. Looking forward to seeing where yours goes.

I have! You gave me fantastic advice. I don’t overlap my social media’s and so you wouldn’t know it was me sliding into your dm’s on ig. I think I’ll honestly be buying a few bumpers and fabbing components for both a sleeper and a flashy build. My only goal is to not be associated with wrx guys. I got cut off by someone deciding they didn’t want to turn left from a stop today and I’m the douchebag. [emoji849]

The raptor set up has few reviews and they aren’t fantastic. Not to say it isn’t a great set up but I haven’t even gotten halfway to that budget with my single big turbo set up. I wish I had gone twin low mounted turbos but eh hind-sight is a jerk. There is plenty of room in front of the wheels for some little snail snorters. And piping saved may have made up for the cost of duplicate components (but not the fab sadly)

I haven’t blown it yet and hopefully my block is in good shape. I am looking to get a lot of time in tuning before I have to drop in a 3.2 short block from outfront. Then I suppose starting from scratch but less afraid of crossing the 12psi boundary that seems to be wise with our cars.

I’ll be keeping my eye on your car.

The local shop I mentioned actually has one of those Outfront destroked 3.29L EZ36 blocks sitting around from a project that never materialized. I've very often half seriously joked with them that they should just throw that in my car. They say it's good for 11k rpm and will hold up to 1500 hp boosted, but it's a also $16k block. :spin: Weird as it may sound, my "if-i-win-the-lottery" build would be that block, built as far as possible while staying NA, with a Level10 bulletproof 5EAT built trans, to keep *more or less* the same driving experience, just x10. :lol:

Also you mentioned we've messaged on IG, what was your account name? You can DM it if you prefer.

The local shop I mentioned actually has one of those Outfront destroked 3.29L EZ36 blocks sitting around from a project that never materialized. I've very often half seriously joked with them that they should just throw that in my car. They say it's good for 11k rpm and will hold up to 1500 hp boosted, but it's a also $16k block. :spin: Weird as it may sound, my "if-i-win-the-lottery" build would be that block, built as far as possible while staying NA, with a Level10 bulletproof 5EAT built trans, to keep *more or less* the same driving experience, just x10. :lol:

Also you mentioned we've messaged on IG, what was your account name? You can DM it if you prefer.

If I get all my hiccups sorted I may ask you for the name of that shop. They charge more direct for a long block than that. I think to get the full usefulness, a full motec system would probably be necessary. Another 20-30k .

• 3 weeks later...
Work in progress zODZhmX.jpg

It looks great! How many centimeters is each tip? Can we please have a sound clip?

I love how your quad tips turned out. I tried this a few years back. I did not like how the bumper turned out. I should have tried to fix it by bringing the exhaust tips up and cutting more of the bumper. Oh well. I have since gone back to stock.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4798560&postcount=111

Work in progress https://i.imgur.com

Sure here's the video. I actually own an exhaust brand here in Brazil called Luzian Performance Parts. So I used my own parts.

They are 4 SS304 stainless tips with 3.5 inches outlet. Mufflers are glass packed stainless with about 5 inches diameter on the body. I love the glass pack sound with the boxer engine, gives a nice deep rumbling sound. Some say they can't resist much heat, but honestly I've been in several trackdays and still have a nice sound.

Jump to 2:55 for the sound.

• 6 months later...
I love how your quad tips turned out. I tried this a few years back. I did not like how the bumper turned out. I should have tried to fix it by bringing the exhaust tips up and cutting more of the bumper. Oh well. I have since gone back to stock.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4798560&postcount=111

I always try tucking my exhaust as far up under the car as I can. I spent more time and tucked them even further in and higher up. I finally have a tolerable amount of leaks but I was not able to continue work as my brother / sister in law have all of their life in my garage while they search for a new home. Somehow I don’t think they want me welding next to their couches.

Stock is a great sound for the ez36. I just need a different type of flow for future completion of current plans.

Sure here's the video. I actually own an exhaust brand here in Brazil called Luzian Performance Parts. So I used my own parts.

They are 4 SS304 stainless tips with 3.5 inches outlet. Mufflers are glass packed stainless with about 5 inches diameter on the body. I love the glass pack sound with the boxer engine, gives a nice deep rumbling sound. Some say they can't resist much heat, but honestly I've been in several trackdays and still have a nice sound.

Jump to 2:55 for the sound.

Man that's gorgeous work! Good job!