5th Gen Exhaust

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is an old video when I just had installed my Invidia N1 exhaust on my 2.5 leggy for those that are considering it. It is loud, exactly what I was looking for nice rumble to it :)

Which website did you get it from? 2.5 NA? Looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thank you for your help

What do you think about a Invidia N1 catback i was considering this one but was to its too loud for a non turbo what are your thoughts and would you have any suggestions for any good ones

I just bought an N1 not too long ago. I definitely enjoy the sound it's not as loud as I thought it would be based on what other people have mentioned. I live in Virginia where you can be pulled over for your exhaust being too loud, I drive by police all the time and don't get any unwanted attention. That being said though it is definitely not quiet either. It's got a nice rumble at idle and gets pretty loud if you step on it. I'm sure once I get a down-pipe it'll be much louder. Also I've got my OEM catback from a 12 GT that I will be putting on the classifieds soon if anyone is interested shoot me an offer.

• 2 months later...
So assuming that the 08+ WRX Megan Racing axle-back fits our 3.6R Legacy, what is the probability that the mid-pipe is similar to a Legacy GT mid-pipe. I'm considering buying a Tsudo S/S WRX 08-10 sedan catback and doing basically the same modification that would be required had I purchased a Legacy GT exhaust. Just at the price of about $300 less.

It should work, you just have to lengthen it at the front end of the midpipe, and maybe adjust the hangers a little.

Yes, like you said in the other post, I would just buy the Ultra Quiet Resonator and cut amount needed to move flange and fit resonator. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...
GrimmSpeed donut to 3" adapter

3" Mid w/ Vibrant 1795 Resonator (stock location)

3" High Flow Y split to 2.5"

Vibrant 1058 TPV Mufflers

I went for the longest resonator and biggest TPV mufflers Vibrant makes and had the exhaust fabbed up at Speed-O-Motive. I love the sound, will make another video if I go stage 2 with a catless Invidia.

You won't get any growl or rumble like a 4th gen, our header setup is equal length so we are going to forever and always sound similar to an EVO. I actually really like how mine sounds, got to hear it drive off for the first time the other day and it sounded amazing.

This is my favorite setup/sound so far. How much did this build run you, and was it difficult?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am currently looking at the Nameless 5" muffler axle backs for my 3.6R Leggy....anyone actually got that set-up? If so, can you post a sound clip..... searched You tube and can only get one from inside the car....sounds nice but would like to see what the outside (Drive by) sounds like.... Do NOT want another loud exhaust set up.

I am currently looking at the Nameless 5" muffler axle backs for my 3.6R Leggy....anyone actually got that set-up? If so, can you post a sound clip..... searched You tube and can only get one from inside the car....sounds nice but would like to see what the outside (Drive by) sounds like.... Do NOT want another loud exhaust set up.

I got my Nameless 5" axlebacks from feesh who thought they were too loud and drony on his 3.6R. There is no drone at all on my car and not loud. I would suggest just removing your stock cans and running with an open y-pipe to see if you like it or get drone at cruising speeds that you don't like. The Nameless axlebacks will be quieter than the open y, but will still have a similar drone with the H6, so it will be a good test for cabin noise. The exhaust resonance on the H4 is much different than the H6 motors, or any 6cyl for that matter, which tend to be prone to drone. :lol:

Edited by GTEASER

I tried running it with the cans off when I first got the car... Way TOO LOUD!! I know the Nameless 5" sound good on the GT's but the H6 is a different beast altogether....maybe someone will have a clip....I listened to a clip of a 3.6 with 4" axle backs ... sounded harsh to me...maybe just the recording or the way he was driving.

I would venture to say both equally. All the vids I have seen online of the 4" mufflers, even on other models like the Hyundai Genesis (v6), they are virtually as loud as the deletes. By comparison, the 5" are nice and mellow and while you can hear the motor nicely, its not so loud that it grabs too much attention.

This is my favorite setup/sound so far. How much did this build run you, and was it difficult?

Thanks! I paid $345 for the parts and another $185 to have it built at an exhaust shop.

Thanks! I paid $345 for the parts and another $185 to have it built at an exhaust shop.

Woah, that's not too bad at all. That's like exactly what I want haha.

Woah, that's not too bad at all. That's like exactly what I want haha.

By all means, go for it! That's why I put up part numbers. It turned out great, sporty and not too loud, zero drone when cruising, mild when going up hills, but I always downshift and run a higher rpm anyways and it sounds great.

By all means, go for it! That's why I put up part numbers. It turned out great, sporty and not too loud, zero drone when cruising, mild when going up hills, but I always downshift and run a higher rpm anyways and it sounds great.

Hey man,

I'm looking for these parts, but I'm having trouble. Were you able to get these on sale or something?

Hey man,

I'm looking for these parts, but I'm having trouble. Were you able to get these on sale or something?

Whats the trouble?

http://www.grimmspeed.com/stock-dp-aftermarket-3-in-catback-adapter-subaru/

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1031_1052&products_id=1163

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1033_1054&products_id=293

All of these these can be found on eBay from various sellers. I'm assuming that the rest of the system as well as the y and flanges are aluminized steel from the muffler shop.

If you're looking for a budget exhaust, you may be able to buy a 08-10 WRX Sedan exhaust for less than $300 shipped on Ebay, ranging from 2.3"-3" piping. Buy a resonator to make up the difference in the overall length. They are all built with SUS-304 Stainless steel. Just an option. If you are wiling to build an exhaust this could be a way of doing it.

Thanks guys, and I was just trying to figure out if this set up would work on a 2010 LGT. I just ordered the AP, so I'm looking to not be necessarily cheap, but get the best deals if you know what I mean.

If you're looking for a budget exhaust, you may be able to buy a 08-10 WRX Sedan exhaust for less than $300 shipped on Ebay, ranging from 2.3"-3" piping. Buy a resonator to make up the difference in the overall length. They are all built with SUS-304 Stainless steel. Just an option. If you are wiling to build an exhaust this could be a way of doing it.

Doing this right now.

Current Issues:

Tips are short. (I Cut them off and am going to buy longer tips).

Tips hang low.

Midpipe is shorter and flange is angled wrong.

I have everything mounted up, but have to cut the flange off and rotate it. I also am going to order around an 18" resonator.

http://go.redirectingat.com?id=86643X1539275&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F2008-2010-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-SEDAN-4DR-TURBO-CATBACK-EXHAUST-STAINLESS-STEEL-%2F321957860772%3Fhash%3Ditem4af62f15a4%3Ag%3A~XwAAOSw3KFWfKGj%26vxp%3Dmtr

Edited by JLGT