LegacyGT.com

4th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Grilles

So what you are saying is that you have a mold to make more? :)

I would love to say yes, but no, it went missing.

I made it at a friend's/family member-to-be's shop and it got damaged. Wasn't worth saving at that point.[emoji27]

Bringing the pain since 1968

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now want a Captain Slow one with him saying "Buffeting!":lol:

I have a Cmods grille with a spec B badge on it. Fits fine

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/gearhead_18/Subaru/20150525_171004_zpsxbrxnbmc.jpg

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/gearhead_18/Subaru/20150525_201301_zpspyr74bb1.jpg

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/gearhead_18/Subaru/FB_IMG_1432086074180_zpsw62irkou.jpg

Debating whether or not I want to put the JDM grill on that I bought. Would have to swap the badge over. Not sure yet though. Kinda like how this looks. I'll have to plasti dip the JDM one, since it's white, so I can see what it would look like in black on my car.

Nah...It is my original. It had 2 pins on it...but I ground them flat. It is only currently stuck to the pink one. I hope to swap that out maybe for Breast Cancer Awareness the rest of the month. Mom beat it twice and is happily in her 70's.

Industrial Velco...that's what holds the badge to the pink one now. That's what hold in the mesh inserts as well. The black on on the car has been there for about 3 months...with no issues...even the car wash hasn't budged it.

I guess i will see when I go to swap in the pink.

But...that said, you make a good point about the badge. Mine has a couple of cracks. In the end. I would like to get a few new badges anyway. But sticking some small threaded pins/bolts to the back would be better. When I was making the grill...I was working toward a car show deadline.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

I don't. I just took a detail hacksaw, (blade and holder/handle) And cut the plastic guts out of the grill. The '05-'06 is not hard to do. Then I had to bondo and smooth out where the cuts were. Once that was all smooth, I repainted it black. The colored inserts are just that can be any metal or mesh. Theray are just painted.

I may be able to dig up a link from OBF that chronicles some of the work.

No more detailed picks of the process...or I at least cannot find them. if i do...I will post back. In current form..she draws bit of attention. (breast cancer awareness grill...Mum is 2x survivor, an in her 70's now) Most of the time folks have no idea what kind of car it is.

I usually don't run the badge on the grill...and I am debadged everywhere else. I still have 6Stars on the steering wheel tho.

14449501484121.thumb.jpg.6627fe4ba8bb95fa1f63acea947b5955.jpg

14449537473490.thumb.jpg.03f2c51372085c970d29baa3b5317985.jpg

14449537648381.thumb.jpg.81aa92ca856eea2fa45422479cd4c5a2.jpg

• 9 months later...
Is there a company out there that specifically makes a Subaru badge meant for the mesh grille application? I no longer have my original grille to use the factory emblem. A link would be great it possible. Thanks........

Is there a company out there that specifically makes a Subaru badge meant for the mesh grille application? I no longer have my original grille to use the factory emblem. A link would be great it possible. Thanks........

RREV makes one that bolts through the back of the mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, the GT emblem has been held in with a dab of RTV on the back of the tow pins for 4 years now. No nuts or washers.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN5313_zps89b9ac64.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived