LegacyGT.com

Most Reliable Turbo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EJ255 = EJ257 except for the intake and piston part number.

I love conservative tunes. A reputable tuner will not tune your car to the bleeding edge where it will explode. Unless that is their rep.

I'm just going for that baby soft tune. haha

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Buy one of these and expect to love it and hate it all at once. Learn to work on it, save your money, but in the long run, it will give you more smiles than anything else you could ever find in the price range. The AWD rulz, and the handling is better than any other sedan it's size stock for stock, and the engine produces more horsepower for it's size in it's stock configuration than anything else in the category.

Enjoy these cars. :)

This statement encompasses LGT ownership, 100%. I'm new to the club and have already learned the hard way what LGT ownership is like. Sometimes I want to shove the damn thing off a cliff, put it up for sale, or "accidentally get in an accident with a tree". But I fall in love every time I do get the chance to drive it, and I take back all those thoughts.

You rock John.

That is exactly why I'm changing mine, as a preventative measure.

I noticed you kept stock fueling. Was this due to cost?

Planning to get some DW 740cc injectors and having it tuned conservatively to ~300whp/wtq with reliability in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May be cost. I just didn't want to mess with something that was working fine. I couldn't see fixing something that wasn't broke.

The car is a blast to drive and reliable.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
here is mine...

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p206/95tegRS/download_20150205_211235_zps18zcdnoq.jpeg

JMP made me a BNR16G with a billet wheel, beefy bearings, and top shelf seals. Im running a Tuning Alliance Tune and my car is literally a rocket. I cant believe that it would have made such a huge difference.

Is that a 16G OR a JMP-Custom40 which made your car a rocket??

That started life as a BNR 16G (a not very good one, I might add) and I completely built a brand new center section for it with an extremely custom 16G wheel with long extended tips. That photo doesn't show it but I put on an AVO wastegate actuator too before it shipped out and Danny put it on his SpecB and it's been boosting happily along ever since. :)

That started life as a BNR 16G (a not very good one, I might add) and I completely built a brand new center section for it with an extremely custom 16G wheel with long extended tips. That photo doesn't show it but I put on an AVO wastegate actuator too before it shipped out and Danny put it on his SpecB and it's been boosting happily along ever since. :)

Can you turn a vf40 core into a 16G instead of a custom40? If so, could you pm me with details and pricing?

• 1 month later...

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/25/1da67c838bbdcff8a9d372f6c459b7e4.jpg

JMP added a Turbosmart waste gate actuator to my VF52. I've yet to see it in person but proportionately it looks huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

For those of you that are running the upgraded, BNR 16g built by JMP, can you post up some of your numbers and supporting mods?

I'm in a pickle and need some more input based on my current financial situation.

• Moderators
For those of you that are running the upgraded, BNR 16g built by JMP, can you post up some of your numbers and supporting mods?

I'm in a pickle and need some more input based on my current financial situation.

From my talks with JmP, I think there are only 2 of us, and mine isn't even running yet. I can't recall the name of the other guy...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

BarManBean, I think I will be far better off sticking with my 16g, having it sent to JMP and having him build it to the max RATHER THAN upgrading to the 18g that brian offered me. You think the JMP built BNR 16g could do 340whp? Thoughts in general?

BarManBean, I think I will be far better off sticking with my 16g, having it sent to JMP and having him build it to the max RATHER THAN upgrading to the 18g that brian offered me. You think the JMP built BNR 16g could do 340whp? Thoughts in general?

You don't seem to want to deal with the issues higher HP might cause. I think if I were you (and unwilling to risk rebuilding the engine) I would shoot more for a true 300 / 300.

But then I broke my engine at 120k, I had been on the stock tune for 90k miles (bought the car at 70k), and broke it a few months after stage 2 had been finished at 120k.

So there is always risk, pumping higher HP through it just exacerbates the risk.....

• Moderators

Yes. I think the JmP 16g with supporting mods will do 340whp.

This guy here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-lgt-b-mild-wild-248876.html?t=248876

...did 356whp/393wtq on a "IHI VF52 Big 16G by Socal Porting."

I had my own BNR 16g originally PnP'ed by SoCal porting. It has now gone to JmP for a more aggressive CHRA with billet bits instead of cast bits (also 11-blade). If that's not similar to a "VF52 Big 16G" I'm not sure what is.

That guy is basically running stock headers also. Make me a bit scared to see what my car might finally do with KillerB ELHs :eek: I'll probably end up going to IAG for the tune as well now that Cryo is out of the game. That or Mike @ TA.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived