LegacyGT.com

2009 OBXT Engine Rebuild/Swap

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a bit done yesterday since I am waiting on the new block to arrive. Got Rally Armor flaps put on and the front struts taken off in prep for coil overs.

Does anyone do reasonable TGV deletes like JmP does with the turbo? I know there are some pricey options out there, and I know I could find used ones on the board. I was just looking for someone I can send mine to and then get them back.

Got a bit done yesterday since I am waiting on the new block to arrive. Got Rally Armor flaps put on and the front struts taken off in prep for coil overs.

Does anyone do reasonable TGV deletes like JmP does with the turbo? I know there are some pricey options out there, and I know I could find used ones on the board. I was just looking for someone I can send mine to and then get them back.

I did my own. Took about an hour.5. There are bolts you can pick up from ACE that fit perfectly in the holes after being tapped for 7/16 I believe it is with no other drilling needed. If you look at MrTris new YNANSB thread I posted the info in that thread. I used liquid metal epoxy to make a seal, worked out nice.

Alright, I gotta get all this nitpicky shit together that I don't still have...things I see I am missing from the ERSL v2.0 (or am just planning on getting)--

- Intake Manifold O-rings (are these not in my master kit?)

- GrimmSpeed Gasket Kit (covers all the ones listed)

- Airpump block off plates (recommendations?)

- Oil pump (I'm just gonna go with the basic 10mm probably)

- Group N Pitchstop Mount

- RalliTek 5EAT Comfort Insert

Also aware I need Brakleen, Ultra Gray, Permatex, etc.

I have DEI Ti wrap for my Cobb DP. Do I need a ceramic or some other hi temp coating to paint it with as well? Do I need anything else to run the Cobb into my stock exhaust? A new donut?

What should I get in the way of gauges to keep an eye on things once I am done? I have the Cobb V3 which displays gauges now, but I would also be into some analog ones on the pillar. I kinda like my cubby storage spot. Any suggestions?

Intake O-rings are four orange rings of about 2" diameter. If you don't see them, you need to order them.

Nameless Performance makes block-off plates. Should be about $50?

No grey. UltraBlack.

You will need a new donut for the DP.

V3 should be fine for gauges.

Do you ever plan on tracking this car? Do you have need for a high flow pump? Is the radiator larger capacity?

What should I get in the way of gauges to keep an eye on things once I am done? I have the Cobb V3 which displays gauges now, but I would also be into some analog ones on the pillar. I kinda like my cubby storage spot. Any suggestions?

JCS pods, under the vendors section, makes a triple a pillar pod. Can also do a double pod. You should consider buying the matching passenger side just to keep things looking the same.

Do you ever plan on tracking this car? Do you have need for a high flow pump? Is the radiator larger capacity?

JCS pods, under the vendors section, makes a triple a pillar pod. Can also do a double pod. You should consider buying the matching passenger side just to keep things looking the same.

I figured that part would only make sense with a larger radiator to match it. Just wanted to confirm I suppose. That line of logic makes plenty of sense though.

On the matching passenger side...smart ass much? Lol. Ricer or not, I like the look of the A-pillar pod. I like that it is closer to my line of sight than the cubby hole. And I like the idea of lots of information right at hand. I'm kinda OCD about data and organization and such.

Well I guess I'll bow to the peer pressure for now. I probably need other things more than I need a stainless elbow. My shopping cart at Rally Sport right now...

I'm already at $7300 actual money spent on this rebuild and I don't even have the work on my heads done yet. I think I have a problem.

699756221_ScreenShot2015-03-23at11_20_36PM.png.4364ad675ec48d30c44d68b44b3b894c.png

Archived