LegacyGT.com

2009 OBXT Engine Rebuild/Swap

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be that plug. Who knows. I didn't get the IM all the way off yesterday. I messed with some hoping I could take limited stuff off and just find a hose end I had missed or something but no luck. I was also fighting a lot of frustration and wanted to just walk away from it for a day after being so close.

In the meantime, I managed to break the nipple off the vac connection point on the center front of the IM. It now no longer protrudes out to right to allow that hose to slide on. Not sure exactly what I am going to do about that one. I am hoping good super glue will fix it. Otherwise I may need a hole new IM. F' me.

ETA: Other than that plug, there isn't really oil flowing across the top of the block, right? I mean I know you have the hard lines over the top of the heads, you have the OCV but that's contained. Nothing coming out the back of that and going across or anything. Are there any lines going under the IM that actually carry oil?

It could be that plug. Who knows. I didn't get the IM all the way off yesterday. I messed with some hoping I could take limited stuff off and just find a hose end I had missed or something but no luck. I was also fighting a lot of frustration and wanted to just walk away from it for a day after being so close.

In the meantime, I managed to break the nipple off the vac connection point on the center front of the IM. It now no longer protrudes out to right to allow that hose to slide on. Not sure exactly what I am going to do about that one. I am hoping good super glue will fix it. Otherwise I may need a hole new IM. F' me.

ETA: Other than that plug, there isn't really oil flowing across the top of the block, right? I mean I know you have the hard lines over the top of the heads, you have the OCV but that's contained. Nothing coming out the back of that and going across or anything. Are there any lines going under the IM that actually carry oil?

No there are no lines carrying oil across the block. With that big of a leak, have someone crank the engine, not necessarily start it, and look for a leak.

I am having it towed in tomorrow. There's a guy in town that specializes in foreign stuff and I am honestly just worn out and want the car back. I figure at this point I have saved myself the bulk of the labor, learned 90% of the knowledge, and conquered this task on my own (with lots of help) for the most part. While there I will be able to have them put in the Hella horns, Walbro fuel pump and AVO underbody braces that I didn't get to so that will be an added bonus.

• 8 months later...

Archived