LegacyGT.com

Clash Of Clans, I am hooked !!

BigBlack-V

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I'm upgrading to TH9 right now. 3 days left. I only have about a dozen or so purple walls left to upgrade at TH8. But... with the new update forcing raiders to bring more substantial forces in order to get loot and the fact that I've been capped on elixir and dark elixir for the last two months... I'm getting tired of constantly giving up 200,000 elixir and 2000 dark elixir to TH9 attackers every 12-16 hours.

In other news, the clan I'm currently in, which is made up mostly of RL friends, probably doesn't have 10 active members willing to war on a regular basis anymore. We're currently in a war that we're about to lose and I'm about to annihilate a newer TH8 base with GOWIPE, mainly because I can. I'd say most members in the clan are just downright inactive right now. A few of those people are playing Boom Beach now, which I'm giving a try.

For your TH9 upgrade, I would definitely consider a TH8.5 approach also. Build up your offense and walls before doing your defenses. Helps with war weight and your walls give you a good place to dump your extra resources so you aren't such a prime raiding target all the time.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

What level are you guys, Ellesedil? If not up to the clan donation perk (raises troop levels by 1) definitely consider a merge--great for donations and wars.

Our clan is level 4. We war, at most, once a week. But there was definitely a long spell where we weren't warring at all. We also loose probably 75% of our wars (and that might be too generous).

For your TH9 upgrade, I would definitely consider a TH8.5 approach also. Build up your offense and walls before doing your defenses. Helps with war weight and your walls give you a good place to dump your extra resources so you aren't such a prime raiding target all the time.

Does that mean hold off on the x-bows? Or should I build them asap? I was planning to at least get them down.

Edit: I'll look for one later tonight, but if you have a guide or something for the 8.5 strategy handy, mind directing me to it?

• Moderators
Our clan is level 4. We war, at most, once a week. But there was definitely a long spell where we weren't warring at all. We also loose probably 75% of our wars (and that might be too generous).

Does that mean hold off on the x-bows? Or should I build them asap? I was planning to at least get them down.

Depends on whether you care about wars or not. If not so much then do your thing, buy the xbows and carry on.

I'm war-focused, so I currently have nearly all of my war troops maxed for TH9, 3 max wiz towers, max cannons, 3/5 archer towers done, and a bunch of level 9 walls--and I still don't have xbows. They add a lot of war weight for not a *ton* of return defensively.

I have still yet to build my extra archer tower, wiz tower, air sweeper, or either xbow. It's working for me but it's not for everyone.

Depends on whether you care about wars or not. If not so much then do your thing, buy the xbows and carry on.

I'm war-focused, so I currently have nearly all of my war troops maxed for TH9, 3 max wiz towers, max cannons, 3/5 archer towers done, and a bunch of level 9 walls--and I still don't have xbows. They add a lot of war weight for not a *ton* of return defensively.

I have still yet to build my extra archer tower, wiz tower, air sweeper, or either xbow. It's working for me but it's not for everyone.

I care about 2 things: having enough loot to keep my builders busy and destroying shit in wars. While I'm well aware of war weight and cringe every time one our rushed TH9 players gets included in a war, I don't know the particulars of how it is calculated.

Having said that, this makes a lot of sense to me based on what I do know and I'm likely to follow it. Essentially, upgrade in-place, focusing on troops and try not to keep a lot of resources in the bank. I'll see if I can find more detailed information on it, but I'm likely to wind up following this strategy.

• Moderators
Having said that, this makes a lot of sense to me based on what I do know and I'm likely to follow it. Essentially, upgrade in-place, focusing on troops and try not to keep a lot of resources in the bank. I'll see if I can find more detailed information on it, but I'm likely to wind up following this strategy.

You got it. My basic recommendation is this: dump DE into archer queen and troop upgrades. Dump elixir / builders into doing elixir building upgrades and troop research. Dump gold into walls, new air defense, and new tesla if you want to.

Then switch. When you are winding down on elixir upgrades, start using gold to upgrade current defenses.

Modify as you see fit.

Oh, and do you army camps, spell factory, lab, and DE drills as early as possible.

Those are already my highest priorities when it comes to elixir. Since I have no gold due to upgrading my TH8 walls, I was going to fill my gold storages via gems and drop both x-bows (I'm sitting on almost 2000 gems). I don't think I'll be doing that anymore.

Although that leads into a new question: what should I do with 2000 gems?

• Moderators
Speaking of 8.5 strategy and what not, we have one guy in current clan that "rushed" into th10 from a th8.5 position and I think he only built his infernos as far as new defenses. No xbows and several defenses still at th8 levels. He's keeping his defenses fairly low overall (he ranks below 1-3 of the TH9s in wars) but has the 240 troop capacity, extra spell, and upgraded troops of a th10. Pretty cool. If we get matched up against all TH9s and below he can crush the top 2 bases but none of the enemy TH9s are going to 3* him back due to the infernos.

That's insane. I originally thought that he's hurting his raiding ability, but if he has the troop capacity and upgrades at TH10 levels, he doesn't really suffer much. He's open season to other T10 raids, though. But if he's not stockpiling resources, that's probably moot.

At TH9. I threw the Queen down and started upgrading her. Also hit up the lab, spell factory, and an army camp. I have a bored worker... but not enough resources for it to do something other than build new buildings, which I'm avoiding for now.

I am considering building some of the new walls. Which leads into my current problem: base layout. Time to find one for 8.5, which I suspect might be hard to search for. So, I'm open to any suggestions.

I'm really having a hard time with raiding. When the update hit, I was already capped on elixir and dark elixir while I finished walls, so I was raiding using all dragons or GOWIPE; I largely ignored the changes because I was mostly 3-starring bases I encountered anyway. But now, not only am I back to using giants, barbs, and archers when raids now require more muscle then before, but I'm a fresh TH9 getting a lot more TH9 targets to hit which I can't crack yet. Right now, I'm thinking that upgrading giants is my number 1 priority once my lab is ready.

• Moderators
I'm really having a hard time with raiding. When the update hit, I was already capped on elixir and dark elixir while I finished walls, so I was raiding using all dragons or GOWIPE; I largely ignored the changes because I was mostly 3-starring bases I encountered anyway. But now, not only am I back to using giants, barbs, and archers when raids now require more muscle then before, but I'm a fresh TH9 getting a lot more TH9 targets to hit which I can't crack yet. Right now, I'm thinking that upgrading giants is my number 1 priority once my lab is ready.

Yes, definitely upgrade your giants. I've been having decent luck with taking 24 giants, 4 wbs, 4 hogs, and the rest wizards, 3 heals, 1 jump. Giants/wiz in your cc if you can get them.

Hogs are to pull the enemy cc or just to funnel the giants if needed (4 hogs, especially max, will do some damage if you plop a heal spell on top of em).

It's tough as a fresh th9 though. I don't envy you!

Yes, definitely upgrade your giants. I've been having decent luck with taking 24 giants, 4 wbs, 4 hogs, and the rest wizards, 3 heals, 1 jump. Giants/wiz in your cc if you can get them.

Hogs are to pull the enemy cc or just to funnel the giants if needed (4 hogs, especially max, will do some damage if you plop a heal spell on top of em).

It's tough as a fresh th9 though. I don't envy you!

With the cost of that army what is your break even point on looting?

• Moderators
With the cost of that army what is your break even point on looting?

I dunno. I'm not really looking for elixir at the moment, but I seem to even out. Lately I've been aiming mostly for 2k+ DE bases with a smattering of other resources to help out.

I'm also pushing trophies up a bit--seems to be helping with things "post update." Just got to masters today, so getting 70% on a base gets me an extra 110k/110k/560de. That really covers my cost on it's own, or close to it.

I don't always use all spells either, but that's what I'll take with me. BK10 and AQ13 are helpful also, but both of those are currently upgrading to 11/14. Raiding without heroes is the pits.

i typically raid with 16-18 giants, 4 wb'ers, 50 gobs, 50-60 archers, one heal, one rage and 4 eq and a couple wiz. I tend to go for bases also over 2k in DE and at least 150k elixir to break even at least. I am also trying to get hero's up so when i reach 3mil elixir or gold i buy a wall. Yes walls at my level are 3 million each and my king is 17 and queen is 16. I want to get them both to level 30 before i even think about going to Th10 and even then I may not go to TH10 and just stay at a maxed TH9.

this is where i am currently

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/Jay04WRX/1645B572-4A7C-4425-9D63-E3331E7E152D_zpshnhrthka.png

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

i typically raid with 16-18 giants, 4 wb'ers, 50 gobs, 50-60 archers, one heal, one rage and 4 eq and a couple wiz. I tend to go for bases also over 2k in DE and at least 150k elixir to break even at least. I am also trying to get hero's up so when i reach 3mil elixir or gold i buy a wall. Yes walls at my level are 3 million each and my king is 17 and queen is 16. I want to get them both to level 30 before i even think about going to Th10 and even then I may not go to TH10 and just stay at a maxed TH9.

this is where i am currently

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/Jay04WRX/1645B572-4A7C-4425-9D63-E3331E7E152D_zpshnhrthka.png

How ******* long have you been playing?

Archived