LegacyGT.com

Anyone Interested in An Aftermarket Exhaust

Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?

I live in cali 11yrs, just moved away almost 4yrs. I'm so happy here without having to deal with the hawks over there staring at you 24/7 waiting for you to make a tiny mistakes.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said before in this thread, I am willing to help out here because I am reasonably certain that Subaru is using the same mid-y pipe as on the 5th Gen. Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area with a 2015 3.6R or 2.5i? I have a set of 2010-2014 stock dual cans sitting in my garage and Nameless axlebacks on my car, we can get together to do a test fit.

Gteaser where in the bay are you?

I will love you guys forever if you figure this exhaust thing out. When more so if they are interchangeable without any issue!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Weekends would be the best for me too. I have another 5th Gen buddy who lives down that way and when he came up (I live in Brentwood) to work on his car, it took him a little over an hour on a Saturday.

Just let me know when you want to come up, I can make myself available for a few hours pretty much any weekend.

Waiting....I just noticed that someone else is gonna try to put a Megan Axleback on their '15. I'm available to help with a test fit to try and put 2010-2014 mufflers on a 2015....and then y'all will know.

:bbq:

Your Best bet is to go to a custom exhaust shop and have them fit you for a custom catback setup... they usually use magnaflow or borla mufflers

???? Sure. But what about helping this community out? Existing products may fit and aftermarket manufacturers need a gentle nudge and test fit cars. Anyone can go get something custom at any time. That's not what its all about.

Update: I sent Nameless another email asking if they have any progress. Hopefully when I hear back this time it is good news. I will keep you all updated but in the mean time ask that everyone please send them an email expressing your interested in an exhaust system and what your looking for. Their email is sales@namelessperformance.com

There really is no reason to want anymore than an axle back since you won't get any performance anyway. For look and sound, axleback is what you should push for.

Exhausts do not and have never added performance, they make the car more efficient. It's the same as reducing the cars weight by 50lbs.. That doesn't ADDS hp but WILL make a car quicker/better gas/whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are on something if you think a lighter exhaust is going to quicken up the 2.5. its not like a turbo back where there is a point. This is all about noise. Nothing more. When I see an accord with an exhaust I laugh, this is the same concept. Even the most quiet nameless is still a decent volume, and on a family sedan, it makes zero sense. Keep telling yourself that it will help something if you feel better about it though.

You are on something if you think a lighter exhaust is going to quicken up the 2.5. its not like a turbo back where there is a point. This is all about noise. Nothing more. When I see an accord with an exhaust I laugh, this is the same concept. Even the most quiet nameless is still a decent volume, and on a family sedan, it makes zero sense. Keep telling yourself that it will help something if you feel better about it though.

I didn't say it would. I merely stated that exhausts were never put on cars with the intention to add power as you suggested(since you edited your post and all).

Chances of me doing anything to this car more than cosmetic is slim to none. That's why I have another car in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Got a guy with a 2.5 that lives in Portland Oregon who is willing to lend his vehicle for test fitting. Idk if this will help the 3.6 guys but you 2.5 guys may be in luck soon. So with that said still need a 3.6 guy.

Can someone snap a photo of what their exhaust system look alike on the 2.5?

Until those 3.6r get their upgrade , I'd be interest how we can get those stock 3.6r fitted on the 2.5i as I only want stock dual exhaust, any additional noise from the exhaust. I'll get my ear exploded from the wife.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys I give up; I've had two people attempt to contact Nameless after I was told to find someone and they rudely relieved no return phone call. I also called over a week ago and also received no phone phone call.

^^^ Nameless is an extremely busy shop and I will say that their response to inquiries for test fitment and designing new products is a wee bit...um...indifferent. In all seriousness, they only have about 5 guys and they are constantly cranking out product. Remember, its all hand made in the USA.

Your guys best bet is to get me or someone else with a 5th gen with Nameless pipes, to get together with one of your 6th gen peeps and do a test fit. I have this week off work if someone is around here.

Your guys best bet is to get me or someone else with a 5th gen with Nameless pipes, to get together with one of your 6th gen peeps and do a test fit. I have this week off work if someone is around here.

If you know any 5th gens with Nameless pipes in the New York City area I would be more than happy to meet up and test fit.