LegacyGT.com

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The IS250/350 AWD does not come in MT. Neither does the Infiniti G35/37x. Options for Asian import, AWD, MT are fairly limited, unfortunately.

Well, that, and since AWD is no longer an option -- luxury or otherwise-- and comes "standard", the MTs are now going to the "sports" cars that are true sports cars. AWD is now less of a performance feature and more of a "safety" feature, thanks to Subaru's legacy (as in, old, not the model) marketing, touting it as the difference between living and dying.

But can you get the AWD in a stick?

Nope, and it wasn't a requirement for me. I wouldn't thank you for a Subi POS manual. It's one of the worst manual experiences I've ever had.

Maybe a better option for some, but not everybody wants the most racecar that they can afford. I can't speak for Rob, but he sold his turbo Subaru because of 1) mechanical problems and 2) build quality problems (rattles, etc).

The STI is definitely a step down from the LGT in terms of luxury (and LGT is a step down from the IS), and it's still a turbo EJ.

This. We drive so much, about 20k/year. I want a refined cabin. Not something that will start getting the subi rattles, wear etc that you find.

The STI is a very over priced Imprezza. My friend has had the last two gens. Very fun car to drive but it's not as refined. Don't get me wrong it's a fun car, but it's loud in the cabin. Certainly the AWD tranny is great and the 300tq is too. But he won't keep it outside of warranty. Says something I think.

Well if luxury is what he was going for then I guess he made a good decision. But personally id rather have a new sti than an automatic lexus. A newer sti isn't gonna have the mechanical issues that a 10 year old legacy gt has and id say its built much better than a legacy as well. I had an 04 sti for almost 5 years and would much rather have that then the legacy I have now. Just my opinion though!

Your 04 STI doesn't compare to what they're building today. Might be worth test driving one.

To mee the STI is a young single mans car. That doesn't describe me.

The IS250/350 AWD does not come in MT. Neither does the Infiniti G35/37x. Options for Asian import, AWD, MT are fairly limited, unfortunately.

The list is basically Subi/EVO. Legacy is CVT - yuck. Evo - small trunk/expensive.

Nope, and it wasn't a requirement for me. I wouldn't thank you for a Subi POS manual. It's one of the worst manual experiences I've ever had.

This. We drive so much, about 20k/year. I want a refined cabin. Not something that will start getting the subi rattles, wear etc that you find.

The STI is a very over priced Imprezza. My friend has had the last two gens. Very fun car to drive but it's not as refined. Don't get me wrong it's a fun car, but it's loud in the cabin. Certainly the AWD tranny is great and the 300tq is too. But he won't keep it outside of warranty. Says something I think.

Your 04 STI doesn't compare to what they're building today. Might be worth test driving one.

The list is basically Subi/EVO. Legacy is CVT - yuck. Evo - small trunk/expensive.

From what I have been reading about the newer STis you are right. When they first came out I was 22 years old and pretty much single with a good job so all I wanted was the first ever Sti brought into the US. I had so much fun with that car and it was by far the fastest car I have ever owned. I am curious to test drive a new one although I would never spend 35k+ on a new car that I would have to drive for work. If I ever get another STi I'll buy a used 04/05 again. Let us know how the Lexus treats ya!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Basically you hated your Legacy :lol: FHI 5MT is much better that the Isuzu 5MT i had in my Pontiac GA GT

Things I’ve noticed:

Stock suspension/sways keep the car planted - no upgrades needed

6AT never gets stuck in the wrong gear

Paddle shifters are perfectly done

Steering is well weighted

Car pushes in the turns

Car remains settled while reaching the limit

Brakes stock are of the same feel/performance of my upgraded LGT setup

Cabin very quiet

Power delivery natural, yet revs required

Cabin/finishings solid & of quality

Car is extremely solid. There is no looseness as I experienced in the subi.

Obviously it’s missing the massive mid-range TQ. Next one I’d buy the 350.

Has a low oil warning for people who forget to check their oil - a must is any modern car

All in all, if you're going to be spending anything on a LGT I'd highly recommend you look into the IS 250AWD or if you can find it 350AWD. Anything more you'd pay for it, you'll save in upgrades. 250 is by no means powerful but it will cruise just fine at 100+

Things I’ve noticed:

Car pushes in the turns

Cabin very quiet

Has a low oil warning for people who forget to check their oil - a must is any modern car

All in all, if you're going to be spending anything on a LGT I'd highly recommend you look into the IS 250AWD or if you can find it 350AWD. Anything more you'd pay for it, you'll save in upgrades. 250 is by no means powerful but it will cruise just fine at 100+

Curious - which model year IS250 did you purchase? I want to bring my LGT to Stg3+, but have been holding back since it's my DD and I need it to be reliable. I've been looking at a luxury DD, and 2010+ IS350 AWD or Q50s AWD seem to be the front-runners. If I didn't care for reliability though, I'd just pick up a late model CarMax Range Rover Sport (any Jalops, here?)....

Curious - which model year IS250 did you purchase? I want to bring my LGT to Stg3+, but have been holding back since it's my DD and I need it to be reliable. I've been looking at a luxury DD, and 2010+ IS350 AWD or Q50s AWD seem to be the front-runners. If I didn't care for reliability though, I'd just pick up a late model CarMax Range Rover Sport (any Jalops, here?)....

I bet if you ask nicely Rob-2 will hand over his password and you can take over his account. This is the kind of douche-y thing he would do, too. Somebody should keep up the out in left field thinking that he symbolized :eek:

I bet if you ask nicely Rob-2 will hand over his password and you can take over his account. This is the kind of douche-y thing he would do, too. Somebody should keep up the out in left field thinking that he symbolized :eek:

Haha, no thanks - I understand that Rob's views were... polarizing, but despite it all, people still love their LGTs and continue to remain loyal, regardless of the headaches that may come with; I know I certainly do. This forum is a testament to that. I do hope that he's finally happy now with his IS250. Happy ending for everyone.

Now, with regards to picking up another car, my LGT has been a very reliable Stg2 car thus far, but I'd like to bring it to Stg3+ for "more power!" I only asked about his IS250 because I'd like to continue modding the doodoo out of the LGT while still having a backup car to drive to work on Monday in the very likely case that I don't finish tinkering around over the weekend. I'm not trying to instigate bad juju.

I can't say I blame you, I will say that it's the Legacy/OBX that is really problemsome though. My 04 FXT is far more reliable, and has far less design issues that 05+ Legacy's brought. I literally do just change the oil on the Forester (granted I did remove banjo's and catted up to be safe), other then that she just drives, onroad or off road.

You never had a Nissan or Honda then. Japanese cars generally have crappy transmissions, all Nissan Autos suck hence they switched to CVT's. My FWD SR20 5 speed would break at stock HP 120whp if you dump the clutch at redline, otherwise 250whp boosted is max you can do. With 2002+ Spec V's they finally made a 600+whp FWD transmission.

I bought the LGT over an Altima SE-R, I really had my heart set on another Nissan (been modding them for a long time). But the Nissan's quality is just trash post 2000 (When Renault bought Nissan). Even though the Subaru boxer is a pain to work on, the VQ35DE V6 in Altima SE-R would be just as hard to work on due to low space.

At this point if I get rid of my 05 LGT, I would go for a 2015 WRX. My friend just bought one and I love everything about it. It's not as comfortable as the Legacy, but 10 year old Legacy starts showing it's signs of fatigue too.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

It's called the research. Anyone that gets into a performance car and smashes on it should have the sense to know if your racing and don't break shit then your not really racing. Plan to blow stuff up if your gonna drive hard. Or be smart enough to stay up on maitenance. I put 50k miles on my build with zero issues other than ripping through tires . Anytime u modify a car there is a lot of little stuff to remember. Hopefully Rob is happy with the Lexus but comparing the two is. Retarded I love my car as do many of us on here but you have to realistic when u get Into a turbo charged car an start changing stuff

Things I’ve noticed:

Car pushes in the turns

Cabin very quiet

Sounds pretty boring honestly. Enjoy!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

drove a jeep srt this weekend. Set to track mode the whole time. I'd buy one if I didn't need a commuter car more.

I looked at a lexus, however, kept coming back to BMW maintenance costs.

I didn't see speny service on the Lexus... did I miss something? No T belt, just fluids, plugs and regular wear items.

I got the 250 AWD. It was readily available and due to situtation in life I needed a car now. The 350 AWD comes recently. I got a cert. pre-owned.

I can't say I blame you, I will say that it's the Legacy/OBX that is really problemsome though. My 04 FXT is far more reliable, and has far less design issues that 05+ Legacy's brought. I literally do just change the oil on the Forester (granted I did remove banjo's and catted up to be safe), other then that she just drives, onroad or off road.

You never had a Nissan or Honda then. Japanese cars generally have crappy transmissions, all Nissan Autos suck hence they switched to CVT's. My FWD SR20 5 speed would break at stock HP 120whp if you dump the clutch at redline, otherwise 250whp boosted is max you can do. With 2002+ Spec V's they finally made a 600+whp FWD transmission.

I bought the LGT over an Altima SE-R, I really had my heart set on another Nissan (been modding them for a long time). But the Nissan's quality is just trash post 2000 (When Renault bought Nissan). Even though the Subaru boxer is a pain to work on, the VQ35DE V6 in Altima SE-R would be just as hard to work on due to low space.

At this point if I get rid of my 05 LGT, I would go for a 2015 WRX. My friend just bought one and I love everything about it. It's not as comfortable as the Legacy, but 10 year old Legacy starts showing it's signs of fatigue too.

The manual Honda's and Nissan's were all better then the Legacy experience :(

The 2015 WRX and WRX STI are both great drives. I'm sure it could work for you. When I pull up to business meetings it doesn't help if I look like I'm driving a teenage boys car. :(

It's called the research. Anyone that gets into a performance car and smashes on it should have the sense to know if your racing and don't break shit then your not really racing. Plan to blow stuff up if your gonna drive hard. Or be smart enough to stay up on maitenance. I put 50k miles on my build with zero issues other than ripping through tires . Anytime u modify a car there is a lot of little stuff to remember. Hopefully Rob is happy with the Lexus but comparing the two is. Retarded I love my car as do many of us on here but you have to realistic when u get Into a turbo charged car an start changing stuff

Good for you. Obviously your experience differs from my. Consider at 95k my motor went for no reason that could be found. No low oil, scoring, etc. It just took a dump. The 'motor' itself after the rebuilt was just fine, it was everything else about the car that started having problems. Shaky steering wheel, consuming oil via turbo, cracked up pipe etc etc.

The final straw for me is when a car full of coolant attempted to overheat itself. Might be mine was a cursed car. It did have some very fast runs for hours on end, few of you will ever drive the car that hard for that long. So while you claim 50k, I would probably ruin your car on a drive of mine.

Sounds pretty boring honestly. Enjoy!

I have an off ramp by the office that the Legacy couldn't push much past 45-50mph, or hit an exit speed beyond 90ish mph. Lighter on power I beat both of those this AM. It stops about the same and is heavier. Same tires too for apples to apples less anyone get to excited. The suspension is firmer and the body roll less :)

I've been anything but bored. I might even take this thing to the track. You should join me sometime :)

• Moderators
It did have some very fast runs for hours on end, few of you will ever drive the car that hard for that long. So while you claim 50k, I would probably ruin your car on a drive of mine.

Must've been the Subaru's fault, then. Have fun breaking your lexus ;)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

IMO, the douchebags are the ones the sticker is meant to be read by. I drive for a living. People who can't drive in the proper lane, maintain speed, etc, etc, etc, make me furious.

IMO, the douchebags are the ones the sticker is meant to be read by. I drive for a living. People who can't drive in the proper lane, maintain speed, etc, etc, etc, make me furious.

you mean you aren't supposed to slow down to 50 when going up a hill and speed up to 90 going down it?

Archived