LegacyGT.com

GFB bov install

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing I noticed when installing the GFB BOV, if you have a Perrin TMIC the hose fitting is not what I would call optimal:( Very tight...comes up a little short for my comfort, stock hose is almost a half inch too short. It will not fit over the lip bead of the BOV.
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

One thing I noticed when installing the GFB BOV, if you have a Perrin TMIC the hose fitting is not what I would call optimal:( Very tight...comes up a little short for my comfort, stock hose is almost a half inch too short. It will not fit over the lip bead of the BOV.

Hmm so what it does fit, or it doesnt? Cause I have the Perrin TMIC and I would like to get a BOV.. and install myself.. with the help of some local guys.. but as a newbie I don't want to run into any major issues.

Children's and Family Photographer http://www.AForgetMeNotMoment.com

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys..

umm i got a gfb bov for me bday.. YAY! lol.. umm and getting a 06 liberty gt (aussie) and my stealth fx mates got me is;

http://www.gofastbits.com.au/index.php?parentid=products&option=products&sub_option=bovs&sub_sub_option=stealth_fx

I dont think this would work on the lib?? :( or could it?

Also.. a question, does the gt liberty roar? i was told they dont?

Thanks

Mano

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

search threads that i have started, and click on the one that says knn vs sotck comparo vid, you can hear it there....

i also may have my 1 month old GFB BOV for sale soon, le me know if you guys are interested(sorry for the cheap plug)

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Does the gaskets need to be replaced each time you remove the GFB BOV? Im getting a BOV when I got to Australia next month, but I have to take it off the car when it goes for servicing. Otherwise they scrap my maintenace plan and warranty.

• 6 months later...
Installed mine tonight...

NOT that impressed...

And I def don't think it was worth my 200 friggin dollars...

It's not something you are going to notice just by putting it on. People have had issues with the stock BOV loosing boost. This unit is all aluminum so no worries about leaking.

I think it's more of piece of mind than bolt it on and "WOW I can tell a difference".

I installed mine last week along with my new AVO TMIC and haven't had any issues.

Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

+1...

I could immediately tell the diff in the holding pressure of the gfb compared to stock...

Gfb held much harder and stronger, you can especially tell the diff when letting off at high boost...wow...

Went back to 100% circ, like it much better that way. Less obnoxious...

actually, I got it so it would hold boost beter. When I ge the car back, (engine rebuild) I might either set it agai to 50/50 (to scare kids) or 100% recirc.

Since the vacuum chamber is sealed by a piston vs rubber diaphram it will leak vacuum, depending on the temperature and how much oil is in the piston.

Also I noticed even on 100% recirc it does make noise.. almost sounds like distant thunder as the piston closes... it's not a "good" sound..

Archived