LegacyGT.com

GFB bov install

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No issues so far!

I chose this one as I had one on my 02 WRX (first batch to hit the island even before the US ones) and loved their product back then.

AVO is a bit more pricey and not as stealthy. Blitz, HKS and the rest don't offer the versatility this unit offers.

GFB has a wide line of products for Legacies as it's the same engne as the STi.

• 2 weeks later...
hey just noticed its been about a month since the install....have you had any problems with driveability issues or anything at all?? i am considering purchasing one soon (i have stock cats w/EVO 2 catback)

no issues here. i drive about 80 miles a day, to and from work on the freeway, fairly spirited....ok, i drive my car hard. the bov is set at 50/50. adjusted the spring preload at install per instructions. i picked the gfb bov because it was legacy specific, anodised black, it's a hybrid, and rallitek had them at a good price with free shipping.

Looks like everyone received a new gasket. Hmmm...Wonder why mine didn't come with one. I already e-mailed Rallitek about it. Do you think it's a safetry-related issue if I were to drive the car with BOV installed without the gasket in between? LOVE the sound and no drivability issue so far.

its ok i went threw the same shit, you can either have a bov vent 100% into the atmosphere which would be the loudest, you can make it 100% re circulate which is the quietest (stock ByPasValve is 100% re circulate) or 50/50 where you vent 50% into the atmosphere and 50% re circulate,

Some people running 100% atmospheric run rich between shifts which is better than running lean but a rich condition could hurt your plugs and your cat in the up pipe, and some people running 100% atmospheric have idle and driveability issues.

my 2cents

Archived