LegacyGT.com

GFB bov install

this is the one that you installed correct?

http://yhst-49187380673845.stores.yahoo.net/gfbblvalegth.html

any videos or sound clips at 50/50? the video in the beginning doesnt work anymore, thanks.

yep thats it. Check classifieds before you buy it new. If sun comes out today will snap a few pics. Youtube has 50/50.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can not get my 50/50 piece on my gfb to go on. So I had to put my stock one back on I don't know what I did to it. That big screw goes in fine. :iam:

???

ther are 2 identical screws that u take off that u use to fasten the bov to the IC. what else is there to it?

edit: with the 50/50 piece, you have to angle it to get it to thread correctly. do not try to force the threads.

this question was asked twice in tis thread with no answer and now im having the same issue...got a used BOV, no gasket...can i use it without a gasket? if not where can i get the gasket....put it on without the gasket and the cars def slower so i guess im losing boost? if i tighten the screw up top will the boost hold better? thanks for anyone that answers!:)

...No you need a gasket...worst case scenario use a liquid gasket, but I wouldn't recommend that! Here is you answer:

http://www.globalperformanceparts.com/blowoff-valve-legacy-hybrid-p-24730.html

They sell all the spare parts...I got a replacement screw cap, trumphet horn (for a different sound) and 2 extra gaskets from them!!!

CRAZY KEN

The biggest PITA about the install is with the recirculation hose. There's a clamp on it that holds it to the recirculation adapter of the BOV (or the hard tube sticking out of the stocker) If you replace that black clamp with a screwable hose clamp it's much easier. Also, if you're having problems fitting the trumpet or the 100% recirulation block on, it goes in at an angle towards the base of the BOV (that took me a while to figure out...lots of screwing without going anywhere...:lol:)

whats the cons of using liquid gasket? will i be able to peal it off without it being noticable to a dealer that i had a bov on there? i think you can just peal it off no?

feels like i lost power...guess its leaking then huh? :(

ok well i used the liquid gasket maker...hope it comes off easily if i need it too...anyway it takes an hour to dry ill tell you how it comes out....also, anyone know why i lost power could it be because of the gasket? or is it because im not 100% recirculation? i put the stock BOV back on before i put the liquid gasket on and its DEFINATELY faster.

liquid held up since last november. I just disconnect it at vacuum line and recirc when removing the tmic for the t line issues. Yes I also used the screw on hose clamps for recirc. its a process to get accustomed to. pull one hand tighten other hand. After a few vacuum line incidents I can take the whole perrin tmic off in like less than 2 mins as pictured few pages back.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i want to vent full atmo.. but what do i do with the plumback pipe on the car..

i blocked it but then realised when stopping at traffic lights the cars idle dropped so low it caused the car to stall..

help??

If you blocked the plumback, i would bet you have a leak around the BOV, or the spring is set too loose. Check the gasket on your bov, and tighten the screw until it's only 1mm above the top of the valve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived