LegacyGT.com

Parental Advice Thread

jasejase

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am informed that they speak Spanish in Central America. So scratch that idea. Guess I'll have to go with plan "B" which is my biological offspring due next month at some point. So my wife will be safe from the stairs after all...

I am informed that they speak Spanish in Central America. So scratch that idea. Guess I'll have to go with plan "B" which is my biological offspring due next month at some point. So my wife will be safe from the stairs after all...

For now anyway. A month is a long time.

Get yourself snipped and then you she has nothing to say about it.

It's funny that you think just because I get myself snipped she would "have nothing to say about it". I'm sure she would have plenty to say.

I'm not having any more... I have made it clear. I'm just hoping she gets it through her head and I don't have to hear about having anymore.

What I mean is that she can't do anything about it short of receiving seed from another man. LOL! The ladies always have something to say about everything. There are lots of kids out there already in need of good parents. If she really needs another that bad, impress upon her the value of adoption. My brother and his ex wife adopted 2 boys from Russia. They are great kids because they have great parents, and a much better life than they otherwise would have in Russia.

What I mean is that she can't do anything about it short of receiving seed from another man. LOL! The ladies always have something to say about everything. There are lots of kids out there already in need of good parents. If she really needs another that bad, impress upon her the value of adoption. My brother and his ex wife adopted 2 boys from Russia. They are great kids because they have great parents, and a much better life than they otherwise would have in Russia.

That's great... there are so many children out there who could use good parents. It ensures them being better people when they reach adulthood.

But my not wanting to have kids has very little to do with the actual pregnancy and more so to do with raising a 5th person to adulthood. At some point in my life I would like some type of freedom again. I may get snipped in the future but we have never had an issue with her birth control.

Looks like my nephew is going to opt for staying in a group home in WI rather than come to us in MD. Not going to lie... my heart is broken. Even though he lies and steals and my life will likely be way easier if he stays there. I so want to help him. Tomorrow is the big court day. We'll see how it all plays out. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for anymore, I just want a decision to be made.

How old is the little bastard?

From what I understand old enough to be sexually active but not old enough to serve in the military. But I suspect that serving would do him good - wake up, march 10 miles before breakfast type of serving.

453747.png

Yep. He just turned 14. Group home was 'awarded' placement with a trial visit to us next week. If he agrees to stay, placement will be transferred. I doubt he'll stay. I'll never understand why a child at his age has a say, but the flip side is, I don't want him here if he doesn't want to come. It will not be a successful placement. This has been an unreal emotional roller coaster that I wouldn't wish on anyone. And something tells me, it's only just begun.

And, I refuse to put on a dog and PONY show while he's here. This is real life. With love, rules, consequences, stability, and family. He can take it or leave it. I so hope he takes it.

• 2 weeks later...
We are in our 4th night of a fantastic visit. Our nephew has agreed to stay for a semester to try it out. He is such a respectful, polite, funny young man. We are so glad he's here. I am sure there will be rough times ahead, but, so far so good. Sadly, his mother completely unleashed on us last night, but I think, for him, it was the first time he didn't have to explain her behavior to an outsider. That had to be a relief. She is just a mess. Anyway, cheers to a good week in the horizon!

Couple of little bumps in the road - smoking in his room, then lying about it. :rollseyes: 'cause we cant smell the cigarette smoke? Then f'ing with a gal on FB marketplace negotiating the price of a pair of shoes - and telling her where we live. Sigh. Baby steps. Got him enrolled in high school today. We have a few details to wrap up, and school shopping today, but today he started making his room his own. We put one of our Sonos Play 1 speakers in his room - he's in heaven. My other nephew gave him a PS 3 - need to get some games, but he loves that too. It's all about boundaries and rules. It's not going to be easy, and I woke up this morning wondering what the F I'd signed up for, but I think we got this. He's so polite and respectful most of the time. And grateful. So grateful. Anyway, more updates to follow. This is the only place I can share 100% honestly, 'cause no one will find me here. :) Thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I even wake up sometimes in the middle of the night due to a smoke smell from someone walking by the window more than 10 meters away from my bedroom. That's how sensitive I am to that, but those who smokes rarely understands that.

Maybe he'll learn.

453747.png

I even wake up sometimes in the middle of the night due to a smoke smell from someone walking by the window more than 10 meters away from my bedroom. That's how sensitive I am to that, but those who smokes rarely understands that.

Maybe he'll learn.

I'm def not that sensitive to it but I was also a smoker once upon a time. It never bothers but me but it def was a distraction when I was quitting.The only time I want one now is when I'm in traffic and I can smell someone smoking. Otherwise I don't even think about it anymore. I made it past my drinking cravings.. where I would crave one when I had a few drinks or out at the bars. But I haven't had a puff in almost 2 years.

Archived