**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate Utah for that reason, never had an issue with dry skin until I came here, Winters are terrible and even using lotion up 1-2 times a day I get dry patches of exsima (spelling?) and it sucks.

I saw a dermotolgist becz of bleeding eczema and she recommended skin lotion called Vanicream. It's $13-16 for 16 oz, but it's worth it. I still have it but it's not bleeding anymore and is far less extensive over my otherwise gorgeous body.

I am at my kid's university and there are a LOT of college girls walking around with short shorts and cutoffs.

I don't know the occasion, but I am having difficulty avoiding random thoughts.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I am at my kid's university and there are a LOT of college girls walking around with short shorts and cutoffs.

I don't know the occasion, but I am having difficulty avoiding random thoughts.

I doubt your thoughts are random; rather, I suspect they are specific to each passing teenage girl, you dirty old f*ck.

Wish I was there.

^^^^^ :lol:

That is a moment where you wished you had GTEASER's memory!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

So I'm quite melancholy today. Background - im a H.S. teacher, been teaching for 16 years.

I found out today that three students of mine got busted for acid on campus. They were part of a bust that had a few others... one girl took a hit and started freaking out - off to the hospital she went.

Anyways, it kills me when stuff like that happens to kids I teach.... they were good kids dammit. Did something to be "cool" at the time, and now sitting with Felony charges and removed from school. These kids here at the school are mostly low socio-economic level and I push for them to break the cycle and get out of the getto/trailer park.... eats me up inside. Oh well.

Schools are crazy nowadays. Kids used to be able to make mistakes and then learn and grow up. Not anymore. Schools are ridiculous with their extreme rules. Calling cops for kids having a fight in elementary school. I used to practice school law on the school side but I gave it up. The money was good but the soul was sickened.

I got a rental car yesterday, Hyundai elantra, first 2 seconds in the car the trans messes up a shift and makes a nice bang. 2 seconds later when it actually finds a gear i step on the gas and the fronts wheel immediately dive over into the next lane. my gf isn't pulled up enough in the driveway... I'm stuck half way up the driveway had to turn off the TCS because its so invasive it will completely stop both wheels no matter how matted the pedal is. finally get it in the drive way after rocking it out into the street and hitting it with as much speed as possible. checked the tires this morning, they are summer performance tires that have almost no tread on them. forgot to turn TCS of this morning got stuck pulling OUT of my driveway. then spun those bad boys all the way to work. I'm sure the poor road conditions aren't helping, but man for a car with 27k on the dash this thing is an udder piece of garbage. its shifts are slow and abrupt, the steering feel is vague at best, the visibility is freakin terrible, at 5' 8" it feels cramped even for me, the heater control is so dumb it will blow hot air directly in your face, the radio which i thought was off the first 2 times i drove it was actually just glitching and turned on half way to work today, AANNND its got no sack what so ever.... rant complete hopefully i'll be able to exchange it this afternoon Edited by ripstik

I got a rental car yesterday, Hyundai elantra, first 2 seconds in the car the trans messes up a shift and makes a nice bang. 2 seconds later when it actually finds a gear i step on the gas and the fronts wheel immediately dive over into the next lane. my gf isn't pulled up enough in the driveway... I'm stuck half way up the driveway had to turn off the TCS because its so invasive it will completely stop both wheels no matter how matted the pedal is. finally get it in the drive way after rocking it out into the street and hitting it with as much speed as possible. checked the tires this morning, they are summer performance tires that have almost no tread on them. forgot to turn TCS of this morning got stuck pulling OUT of my driveway. then spun those bad boys all the way to work. I'm sure the poor road conditions aren't helping, but man for a car with 27k on the dash this thing is an udder piece of garbage. its shifts are slow and abrupt, the steering feel is vague at best, the visibility is freakin terrible, at 5' 8" it feels cramped even for me, the heater control is so dumb it will blow hot air directly in your face, the radio which i thought was off the first 2 times i drove it was actually just glitching and turned on half way to work today, AANNND its got no sack what so ever.... rant complete hopefully i'll be able to exchange it this afternoon

Hyundai/Kia/whatever...

Years ago with #2, we bought a Kia Sephia. Drove one block from the dealer, pulled into a gas station and filled up.

Next, car won't start. The starter fuse had blown. We traded that thing quicker than you can say "iwoshima".

On a side note, I had a random thought today:

A great work perk would be to have a day off on your Birthday.

On a side note, I had a random thought today:

A great work perk would be to have a day off on your Birthday.

i always take of my birthday. the only birthday I've worked my whole life was 2 years ago and it was only because i took the day afterwards off instead, tho i still regret it the tiniest bit

This might be too cheesy for some of you but....

Talking about Birthdays.... so yesterday was mine and about 4 years ago I started sending my mom flowers on my birthday - thanking her for her sacrifices and work in raising me.... never really thought about it until I started raising my own kids and understanding what hardships (sleepless nights, vomiting in restaurants, loss of work due to me being sick, etc..) they went through with me. Its a awesome way of feeding the soul.

I did bring it up to all my students.... maybe I'll get one to strengthen their relationship with their parents than what it was previously....

Also ensures me moving up a bit higher in the will over my two siblings! ;):lol:

Only women take off for their birthdays. Come on, fellas.

I have a cousin that celebrates the entire week.

But, no, I don't think it is a chicky thing to do. I think I'm gonna start doing it this year forward.

I used to when I was a younger man. Now it just doesn't hold the same feeling of joy that it used to. Every now and than I go away on vacation for it but it's always a Meh feeling of crap now I'm going to have to get caught up with work when I get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I often take off for mine (next Tuesday), and generally behave like an 8 year old about it for the entire month... But this year my beautiful girl is coming home Thursday night through Saturday night, so I took Friday, 2/13 off instead. I will regret it, Tuesday morning, but will thoroughly enjoy Friday with my kid. I miss her.

I often take off for mine (next Tuesday), and generally behave like an 8 year old about it for the entire month... But this year my beautiful girl is coming home Thursday night through Saturday night, so I took Friday, 2/13 off instead. I will regret it, Tuesday morning, but will thoroughly enjoy Friday with my kid. I miss her.

Only women take off for their birthdays. Come on, fellas.

Well crap. I guess laff was right.

:p