LegacyGT.com

GTEASER's 2012 Legacy GT

October 2020

Mileage: 59,297

On to a new chapter.......this past Saturday my 8 year 3 month run with my beloved 2012 Legacy GT ended when her new owner Olympic1 took ownership and drove her home to the PNW. I have the utmost confidence that he'll take excellent care of this rare bird, treat her well, and enjoy her as she's meant to be.

I've enjoyed this community on FB and the Legacy GT forum immensely, the comraderie, knowledge sharing, creativity and fun. I will continue to drop in on the forum on occasion. Thanks guys!

I couldn't bear to take any parting shots as I drove away, but these are the last pics on my camera roll, sitting in my garage for the last night and following all new fluids in the drivetrain last Friday. And GTEASER will live on in another platform. Not so much a GTeaser, but more of a G(-force)TEASER.

fe150098c3bfcc6f67ac77f9dd72b966.jpga3caa8cf9dce18f529e5f6f566db5adf.jpg45a32b92419a4bac5e8f57d5aa262568.jpg

Edited by GTEASER

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on selling the car and finding a good home for her! I can't thank you enough for the knowledge you've provided on this site. I have only owned my gt for a year, but have already learned a lot from long term members like yourself. Good luck with the future car endeavors and I hope you make your way back into a legacy one day!

Wow! Guess Im going to track day soon to see your car :)
Yep, you'll likely see it on track. John mentioned he knew you in some capacity, I can't remember exactly how much interaction he said you two had had in the past or how you guys knew each other.

always sad to see someone's baby go to a new home, but i'm glad you found a good one for her. This is such an odd, small dedicated community that both the pain and happiness are felt by everyone. GL with the beamer, that's gonna be another fun ride for you

Sad to see you go. I hope the new owner sticks around this forum, your car is such a nice example of a 2012 Legacy GT. No hard feelings about the sale, I should have reached out to you last year about my interest when I bought the charge pipe from you. At the time, I had the feeling like you might be moving on.

Gonna miss you on here Joe..... If we get back to SF (If the borders ever re-open) I'll look you up again.

Cheers and good luck with any future cars. :)

Thanks Bob! I'll be dropping in here from time to time. And we've been trying to get a vacation in up your way too, so I'll make sure to look you guys up before I head that way. Edited by GTEASER

Can't believe i finally get to post in joe's thread. many thanks for the years of dedication and shared knowledge on our underserved platform... and don't worry i will eventually put that intercooler to good use.

Just to echo what's already been said, thanks for all the advice and information you've shared over the years- I know it's helped me out a lot along the way, and I know it's been helpful to many others as well. You're leaving some big shoes to fill, both on knowledge, and on being the parts shelf scapegoat. Good luck with your other cars!

What are you getting for a daily?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

What are you getting for a daily?
Daily duty is split between these 2 gems. I've had the 2007 GX470 since August 2018 and I just picked up the 2003 330i ZHP last February. It's a complete joy to drive in stock form, a real analog drivers car.

How are you doing Fred? It's been a long time!

d48725359f9fdd77bcf2ab392618ced3.jpg

Edited by GTEASER

Daily duty is split between these 2 gems. I've had the 2007 GX470 since August 2018 and I just picked up the 2003 330i ZHP last February. It's a complete joy to drive in stock form, a real analog drivers car.

How are you doing Fred? It's been a long time!

d48725359f9fdd77bcf2ab392618ced3.jpg

between those two, you are set.

Been quite a while. I will catch myself looking for a used 3.6r once in a while and I have to slap myself.

Im sure you will miss your GT. Heck, I miss my WRX. AA mMotorworks bought it back.

Keep well all.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 5 months later...