LegacyGT.com

Official 2015 Outback Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you often ride in the back seat while leaning forward to stick your head between the front seats?

If not, you may not want this vehicle.

:lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Isn't the 6MT standard across the board in Canada?

Quote from subaru.ca:

Offering a choice of 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder BOXER engines, the 2015 Subaru Outback comes standard with Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and a 6-speed manual transmission and a Lineartronic continuously variable transmission (CVT) is optional.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'm thinking trying to push the order through... make it a goal: push to the top of SOA to simply put in a MPH/KPH dash instead of a KPH/MPH dash. Boom, you've got a US spec 6MT 3.6 Outback. It'll be a side hobby. :lol:

Isn't the 6MT standard across the board in Canada?

Quote from subaru.ca:

Offering a choice of 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder BOXER engines, the 2015 Subaru Outback comes standard with Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and a 6-speed manual transmission and a Lineartronic continuously variable transmission (CVT) is optional.

No stick shift on the 3.6, sadly.

From the same press release:

"The 3.6-litre BOXER engine produces 256 hp and 247 lb.-ft. of peak torque. For 2015, 3.6-litre engine equipped models now come standard with a high-torque Lineartronic CVT."

it actually looks more swept back and wagonlike now. I wonder if FHI will make a Legacy wagon this go around.

Aren't JDM/EDM heavily biased towards wagons? Outback isn't same as Legacy wagon no matter how much SOA wants you to believe that.

I don't see FHI risking losing market share. Unless they really position Levorg as Legacy Wagon replacement.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Aren't JDM/EDM heavily biased towards wagons? Outback isn't same as Legacy wagon no matter how much SOA wants you to believe that.

I don't see FHI risking losing market share. Unless they really position Levorg as Legacy Wagon replacement.

That's the issue. The current Legacy is too big for Japanese and European roads. The Levorg is meant to return to a car with 4th gen exterior dimensions now that they've improved space utilization. Since the wagon markets need a smaller wagon, we may not see a 6th gen Legacy wagon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's the issue. The current Legacy is too big for Japanese and European roads. The Levorg is meant to return to a car with 4th gen exterior dimensions now that they've improved space utilization. Since the wagon markets need a smaller wagon, we may not see a 6th gen Legacy wagon.

FHI is still going to sell Legacy sedan in ROW, correct? If the wheelbase is the same, why would a wagon be any bigger than a sedan (road and parking wise that is)? I see that Levorg may be appealing to a lot of people (khm-khm) but size is not really a reason to cancel Legacy Wagon in ROW markets.

Knowing how well informed you are about the internals of SOA/FHI, it looks like they are priming us before the news about no more Legacy Wagon is official.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Since the wagon markets need a smaller wagon, we may not see a 6th gen Legacy wagon.

Which is odd, because the Outback is STILL a lifted Legacy wagon.

If they were going to kill the Legacy wagon altogether I'd suspect the Outback would have become something a little more differentiated, something between the outgoing Outback and the Tribeca.

Archived