LegacyGT.com

'13-'14 Legacy Owners needed to test front lip

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ can't see.

It looks something like these, but more like the second one:

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/htup_1104_project_crz_aero_upgrades/photo_02.html

http://www.importtuner.com/reviews/parts/impp_1206_subaru_brz_zc6_chargespeed_bottom_line_kit/photo_04.html

Do you see how in the second link it is integrated into the bottom 1" of the bumper?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Lol, I have a 2013 front bumper in my garage that i've been holding off putting on until I could find a front that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Fingers crossed this pans out so I don't have to sell my kid to get a lip from Japan.

Lol, I have a 2013 front bumper in my garage that i've been holding off putting on until I could find a front that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Fingers crossed this pans out so I don't have to sell my kid to get a lip from Japan.

The one from Japan will not work. Look at Hangers pics posted in this thread. The JDM bumper is just a tad narrower than the US.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Now I just wish there was a custom grill for the 13-14 and the front end of my car will be good to go

I had posted in a previous thread that I had spoken with c-mod at the end of last year and they said they had a grille in production for the 13-14 legacy and it should be out early 2014. I just contacted them a few days ago to see what the progress was on it and now they said "hopefully by the end of the year" :(

I had posted in a previous thread that I had spoken with c-mod at the end of last year and they said they had a grille in production for the 13-14 legacy and it should be out early 2014. I just contacted them a few days ago to see what the progress was on it and now they said "hopefully by the end of the year" :(

i would definitely buy a c-mod grill for my car if they made them for the 13-14 style

hopefully they do make it and thanks for the heads up

• 2 weeks later...
Looked better when they held it up to my car.

It does look a little too much like rubber and not plastic. I'm definitely going to get one either way. Maybe spray it flat black? I'm sure its going to look much better on a car that isnt 10 feet off the ground like the one in the picture too

It does look a little too much like rubber and not plastic. I'm definitely going to get one either way. Maybe spray it flat black? I'm sure its going to look much better on a car that isnt 10 feet off the ground like the one in the picture too

I'm sure it will as well, that legacy has some monster truck suspension for sure. As for the look, it's shown with no paint on it at all more then likely so it has that plastic/rubber looking texture. Get a nice gloss black or satin and I bet it will look 10x better. I've already sent an email inquiring about it as they have it on there site for sale now

Unless your car is an inch off the ground, this lip will look off just like on stock height.

Whoever made this seems to forget front lip suppose to go under the bumper then out. This lip looks like there's no material underneath the bumper but just extends out. It should be twice as thick as it is. Then it might look better

Sent from my Xperia Z

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I asked them about it being twice as wide to look more like a splitter. They said the material cant handle it.

FWIW it looked fine when I went there. Maybe now that they have posted pics I can ask them to fit it to mine for better pics.

I think it's a combination of 3 things.

Poor angles.

May need to be painted gloss/satin black for a better appearance.

A flatter front like the real jdm one.

I'm still up in the air, to be honest I'm still on the fence for keeping the leg.

189458605_legacyfrontlip.jpg.211a6f4e3a23a23cb9c5bd8e2528a3e3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a call and they are in!

I will stop there on Friday most likely.

Archived