LegacyGT.com

'13-'14 Legacy Owners needed to test front lip

The guy who sold me the lip actually called me last night so we could discuss the fitment issue I was having. He turned out to be a really nice guy. He said they were going to do another test fit on a Legacy.

Maybe Hanger can take one for the team? I have the guy's phone number if you're interested.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
You will like the BaysonR lip better.

I followed Perscitus' suggestion of getting additional pop-its. Great idea as I can see the screws are starting to rust. Or, you can get a bunch of stainless screws.

I also used silicone between the lip and bumper...after screwing it in place and adding pop-its. I folded it down a bit and put a thin bead and wiped off the excess. Maybe it was overkill, but the bumper and lip are one unit now.

You may use trim and bumper spray paint to cover the lip if you don't like plasti-dip as it will crack quickly.

Warning about silicone...you can not paint over it.

As for the Bayson R, I've never really cared for it. It doesn't fit the car at all. I'm glad you posted this one. Maybe it's the lack of the side pieces.

I had the seller verify twice that it will fit USDM Legacy's, just to cover my ass with eBay in case it doesn't fit. I like it way better than the BaysonR one so I figured I'd take a chance.

Going back to this thread before I make a descision on which site to grab a front lip for my 2013 legacy.

So is BaysonR legit and will fit my front?

http://www.baysonr.com/13_14_Subaru_Legacy_A_Style_Front_Bumper_Lip_p/flip-pu-legacy13-a.htm

Or

I even found a cheaper one but I'm unsure..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-For-2013-2014-Subaru-Legacy-SM-Style-Front-Bumper-Lip-Chin-Spoiler-BR-/281813504053?fits=Year%3A2013%7CMake%3ASubaru%7CModel%3ALegacy

I think all those lips are really the same. Pretty sure the guys at BaysonR are either family with or in business with a whole bunch of other suppliers in SoCal. I did the original test fit for the 5th Gen V-Limited lip, and the pics that BaysonR took that day are being used by about 5 different eBay vendors.

both of these should fit your 2013. I cant tell you what the difference between the 2 are tho

I think im picking up the ebay one from ikon. 69$ free shipping... too easy

I think all those lips are really the same. Pretty sure the guys at BaysonR are either family with or in business with a whole bunch of other suppliers in SoCal. I did the original test fit for the 5th Gen V-Limited lip, and the pics that BaysonR took that day are being used by about 5 different eBay vendors.

Then pretty much the ebay dealer is a no brainer at the cost? :O

I don't want to get played and end up getting junk that wont fit so I'm a bit cautious. ahah :spin:

• 1 month later...
there is no pinpoint. you wedge it against the bumper and screw it on.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Archived