LegacyGT.com

'13-'14 Legacy Owners needed to test front lip

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I like it. It looks good!!!

That's not a 3/4 shot Fred. This is a 3/4 shot.

[ATTACH]180908[/ATTACH]

I know...those shots were at 7:30 am, and I'm in the office and too lazy to go out on a nice day to take pics :lol:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Can you take a side shot so we can see how much it sticks out the bottom of the bumper? Thanks!

Post 62? You want closer?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

It covers the bottom 1/4" of the bumper.

880438890_2014-04-3017_44_01.jpg.b7db771e767bf82263a5a98b864fd597.jpg

933512441_2014-04-3017_43_22.jpg.5ba93d33b3f8820429fad081a2b1fee3.jpg

It covers the bottom 1/4" of the bumper.

I think it all depends on the angle the picture is taken. Seeing your pics, I actually like the lip. I think it may be something I'd have to see in person to get the full effect.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Installed mine yesterday finally got some pics. I like it a lot. May plasti dip it to get rid of the shine.. havent made up my mind yet uploadfromtaptalk1399064408995.jpg.766a98e28c642b7d6a18b832e54af60b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1399064342978.jpg.115bcf71a5ab4242258ae5cc0d0e25e2.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399064368768.jpg.734591b533e1aae2efedfe5cccabcf25.jpg

Installed mine yesterday finally got some pics. I like it a lot. May plasti dip it to get rid of the shine.. havent made up my mind yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You did a better job installing it than I did. Are you gonna fill the gap?

Yeah it was definitely a lot more of a PITA to install than I thought it was going to be just because of it being a little flimsy, I thought the material was going to be able to hold itself up better. It would be a lot easier if you have someone else hold it up on the car while you drill the holes. But if youre in a situation like me and none of your friends are around and when you ask your girlfriend to help you and she looks at you like go f*** yourself because I'm watching the kardashians, then a car jack does the job at holding it up for you! Hahah! As far as the gap I'm not going to do anything I think it looks fine. Frederick did you think it looked better after you plasti'd it?

Yeah it was definitely a lot more of a PITA to install than I thought it was going to be just because of it being a little flimsy' date=' I thought the material was going to be able to hold itself up better. It would be a lot easier if you have someone else hold it up on the car while you drill the holes. But if youre in a situation like me and none of your friends are around and when you ask your girlfriend to help you and she looks at you like go f*** yourself because I'm watching the kardashians, then a car jack does the job at holding it up for you! Hahah! As far as the gap I'm not going to do anything I think it looks fine. Frederick did you think it looked better after you plasti'd it?[/quote']

It looks a lot better plasti dipped and with the gap filled.

My wife is the only other person I'd ask for a hand, and I have never asked her. If I need to do anything I must do it by myself.

This is how I get it up....

300828170_2014-05-0217_21_49.jpg.66493d5c12d8ff2b0cf1bbcb6d517d1d.jpg

My wife is the only other person I'd ask for a hand, and I have never asked her. If I need to do anything I must do it by myself.

This is how I get it up....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dry and subtle was the intention... ;)

^^^ the wife didn't think it was all that funny...LOL

Yesterday, I re-masked, but this time 3/8" higher than the lip/bumper junction. I sprayed about 4 coats on there.

Now, the lip is re-painted and there is a 3/8" or so strip of plasti dip on the bumper. It looks a bit more integrated.

Put mine on today....biggest thing I would suggest is let it sit in the sun a few hours, mine was bent upwards and after I nudged a bit she fit pretty nice. I'll put up pics tomorrow. Now I need new ramps because she scrapes now.

mine just got here and is baking in the sun as we speak...was VERY mis-shaped. im quite pissed about it actually. the top was bent inwards and the bottom was bent downwards. i dont consider $130 crazy expensive but for that price iw ould expect something a little nicer. will post pix whenever i get it on

Where is everyone getting plugs to reinforce the lip from?

I found some on amazon but there is a few different kinds they sell

Got mine at Subaru...$2 something a piece!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived