LegacyGT.com

'13-'14 Legacy Owners needed to test front lip

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think it came out nice.. agreed - it was a pain in the ass installing, and i could not get all contours flush. 2 of the cheap push pins that came with the lip broke the first time i tried to take them out, luckily they gave 4 and i already had 2 originals in that area. Thinking about injecting a bead of clear silicone between the bumper and the lip to prevent every loose piece of earth from finding a new home. I dip'd it matte black too.

20140804_190328.thumb.jpg.fd5e6394c686960a20c3ffe490a9127b.jpg

Think it came out nice.. agreed - it was a pain in the ass installing, and i could not get all contours flush. 2 of the cheap push pins that came with the lip broke the first time i tried to take them out, luckily they gave 4 and i already had 2 originals in that area. Thinking about injecting a bead of clear silicone between the bumper and the lip to prevent every loose piece of earth from finding a new home. I dip'd it matte black too.

I did the silicone and it holds excellent, but I had to try a few kinds of spray paints until one sort of holds.

You can't paint silicone...unfortunately. I used trim and bumper spray and it works okay.

If I were to do it again, I'd use paintable exterior caulking.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I did the silicone and it holds excellent, but I had to try a few kinds of spray paints until one sort of holds.

You can't paint silicone...unfortunately. I used trim and bumper spray and it works okay.

If I were to do it again, I'd use paintable exterior caulking.

Good to know.. I went with black silicone, and it seemed to look ok after i removed the tape from my bumper. But then i went to remove the tape from the lip and about half way through, the plastidip decided it would rather stick to the tape than the lip. Sooo, i ended up taking everything off, cleaning the silicone off the bumper, and i'm going to re-dip, re-install, and maybe think twice about the silicone.. i dont know yet.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the suggestion to use pop-its to supplement the existing screws, what's the benefit of doing that over just using more screws in between the original screw locations?

Also, did anyone pre-drill pilot holes for the stock screws, or just go at it with the self-tapping of the screws?

Regarding the suggestion to use pop-its to supplement the existing screws, what's the benefit of doing that over just using more screws in between the original screw locations?

Also, did anyone pre-drill pilot holes for the stock screws, or just go at it with the self-tapping of the screws?

Screws may loosen. Pop-its may get loose but won't fall out.

Either way, the silicon will hold it pretty good.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• 3 months later...

Oh yeah, while searching for lips, I stumbled upon some sites/eBay sellers that had pics of my old '11, Clean13, fredrik and GTeaser's cars with lips installed. I'm sure that none of us gave permission, but I don't think we really had to. I know Joe did a test fitment for BaysonR but the pic of his car is on someone else's site

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/30/9933b44d5e7e7fdac854e516189c11a7.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/30/11a6af358b7d509a44da4e039fa914ff.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/30/0cf074a0ba886c0fb5dc7f817903c8c3.jpg

Yeah, they stole my pics off of this site when I posted the installed lip. Pics that were taken in front of my house. I was asking the EBay sellers to take them down because I did not give them permission to use my personal pics in front of my home. I did give BaysonR permission to use only the pics they took at their facility, but the EBay listings have seemed to multiply like rabbits and I can't keep up, so fockit.

It fits solid with silicone and additional pop-its.

The bumper and lip are literally glued together.

Archived