LegacyGT.com

'13-'14 Legacy Owners needed to test front lip

I could've gone and test fitted those lips. Seller location is right next to my work. I would've gotten one for myself if I'm not getting the JDM front end already

Do they seem like a legit business? I'm just surprised that they only have 4 on hand to sell. You'd think they would make at least a batch of 10.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I received the STI knockoff lip this past Friday. First negative is that they stuffed it into a box that was way too small so its a little deformed. I'm going to attempt to install it later today and I'll follow up with a review and pics.

RilKill, you may want to pick a nice sunny day and lay it out for a while.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

You will like the BaysonR lip better.

I followed Perscitus' suggestion of getting additional pop-its. Great idea as I can see the screws are starting to rust. Or, you can get a bunch of stainless screws.

I also used silicone between the lip and bumper...after screwing it in place and adding pop-its. I folded it down a bit and put a thin bead and wiped off the excess. Maybe it was overkill, but the bumper and lip are one unit now.

You may use trim and bumper spray paint to cover the lip if you don't like plasti-dip as it will crack quickly.

Warning about silicone...you can not paint over it.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

After a little further investigation, I noticed that there are different clips on the bottom of the one I received and the one they had listed for our car. I found their listing for the '15 Impreza lip and confirmed that's the one I received. The styling of the two are almost exactly the same though. So now its obvious why it didn't fit but I still won't buy the correct one from them after seeing the quality of their products.

I removed my initial review since I now know it wasn't the correct lip. I may let them send me the correct one just out of sheer curiosity. If I like the way it fits, I'll take care of the imperfections and paint it with the bumper and trim spray. I'll wait to hear back from Hanger whether he was able to do a test fit or not.

After an exhausting number of emails sent between the seller and I, they are sending out the lip that they claim actually fits the Legacy. They're paying return shipping for the old one and they said that if I don't like the new one, they'll pay to ship that back as well. I figured I have nothing to lose.

^^^ It is really nice of RailKill to allow them to remedy an issue that should not have ocurred in the first place.

Incompetence....

***UPDATE***

I received the replacement lip today. They sent me the same exact one that they sent me last time so needless to say......it doesn't fit. I've been patient with them and I gave them an opportunity to redeem themselves but obviously this isn't going anywhere.

BaysonR.........here I come

***UPDATE***

I received the replacement lip today. They sent me the same exact one that they sent me last time so needless to say......it doesn't fit. I've been patient with them and I gave them an opportunity to redeem themselves but obviously this isn't going anywhere.

BaysonR.........here I come

Jesus christ these guys.

If I had to do it again I would do a splitter. There are off the shelf sizes. When my baysonr lip goes, I will do that.

Archived