LegacyGT.com

Fredrik94087 2013 3.6R Build List

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be an EVO VIII but no good examples left.

A new base 2014 wrx sedan (modded) would be a great DD/track car (for me). I am 2.5 years too early for that switch as I have a kid in college.

Anything more exotic would only be a pipe dream.

If I started with an LGT, I would have more options. If my 3.6r were a 2012 I could swap the motor and transmission and get it certified. With a 2013, I can't.

I drove GTEASERs car and could easily feel the difference between my mods and tune versus his stage 1 tune.

Still, I can't complain about Shrek. It has plenty of space, plenty of scoot on the street, and it hasn't had any issues to date (25,000 miles) despite getting a beating every now and then.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

There is and dont think I dont look.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Only 21k miles! Sounds like a real creampuff. The price on the other hand at 26k for a near 3 year old car is definitely negotiable. Yes a GT is rare, but hey we aren't talking a blue chip/collector car market. Its a used Subaru lol.

yeah its about 200 miles away from where I live, I have contemplated checking it out. only thing stopping me is that a manual doesn't really work into my current driving habits (30k a year in super dense population/inefficient highways with loads of traffic)

Hey fred... By any chance do you have the part number for that STI front strut tower brace?

Do not.

It is an accessory for the 2013 Legacy from Subaru.

Do you think you have improved as much as you can on this car?

I am just thinking if the Miata guys are able to improve you would still be increasing your skills even with less go/stopping.

What's holding you back from taking your car back to stock and swapping the parts over to an LGT?

We could have an LGT "build a new shrek" meet-up.

Do you think you have improved as much as you can on this car?

I am just thinking if the Miata guys are able to improve you would still be increasing your skills even with less go/stopping.

What's holding you back from taking your car back to stock and swapping the parts over to an LGT?

We could have an LGT "build a new shrek" meet-up.

Be careful what you say.

If I do get a 2.5GT and need to swap all that $shit including the bushings over, all of you need to step up!

And, if any of you find a low mileage, and I mean 30,000 miles, 2.5GT that is no more than 50 miles from 95124, PM me without hesitation. Worst case would be to get it, swap all the stuff over and then sell the car privately or back to the dealer.

About the skillz...yes, they can improve a whole lot. My lines/braking can improve some, but the brakes are limited unless I go to a BBK. I am using stock diameter rotors and carbotech pads. The rotors already have minor surface cracks from tracking one season.

You won't believe how hot those little brakes get after one session. I had smoke soming out. I then realized it was the plastic centering ring of my Enkeis cooking.

I am playing this balancing game of what do I do next with the car...leave it as is and track it...add a ported TB and headers $2000...try lowering the final drive $4000....

Ordered centering rings...thanks for enabling!

As far as the car in NY, how the hell am I supposed to have a good look at it :lol:

Make sure you ordered the right size, I don't know what the hub size is on your Enkei's, I just posted the first link I found.

It has 16k miles, you don't need to look at it. :cool: Get the CarFax, ask if it was garaged and serviced, fly there, buy it, drive it home. I will go with you. ;) When you get it home have the undercarriage power washed (becuz salt in winter) and start modding.

LOLOL...road trip eh?

A bit risky, but I will keep an eye out for something local.

Like I said...torn in a few directions. Can't have my cake and eat it too unless I have enough money to have both!

LOLOL...road trip eh?

A bit risky, but I will keep an eye out for something local.

Like I said...torn in a few directions. Can't have my cake and eat it too unless I have enough money to have both!

Help increase the number of 5th gen SWPs on lgt.com fred!

(that was my weak attempt at enabling :lol:)

How about I drive you there Fred? On the way back from NY we could take the southern route, stop off in Houston to see Zee and get a pic of the SWP triplets. The universe would probably cease to exist tho....bad idea, sorry.

My wife is gonna hate you, you know?

• 1 month later...

You posted something about a throttle body bore, how do you get that done? Do you just have the inlet & outlet inlarged & leave middle stock? Or can you find a bigger butterfly & bore the whole thing out? What about throtle body spacers? I have yet to find a spacer for the 3.6... But I have been looking. Do spacers not do much for the 3.6?

My last subaru was a 2.5 Na, when I indtalled a Cobb cai I lost some bottom end & even midrange. They suggested a tb spacer to get back some low end torque... That's why I have been curious about it. I haven't found much about spacers for the 3.6 on the forum either...

Archived