LegacyGT.com

Fredrik94087 2013 3.6R Build List

In my signature, please find a link to the 3.6r mod list.

In the first post of the mod list, there is a link to the TB mod.

Please read through the TB mod and get back with any questions.

Cheers!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good read from ROMRaider on the 'Extended Parameters' available for most recent-gen H4/H6 Subarus through SSM:

Many of these are already available to us via BtSSM.

For the others (for example those specific to H6s),if a logger definition could be build for a given MY/ECU ID 3.6R combo like the 2011 definition already up, they could all be added one by one as custom fields to watch/log in BtSsm:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4271&sid=a386825237ffd003f4b0f1f6199af073

Did Rob tell you about potential race rom like features they are developing?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Yup, and TCU tuning for us. Part of the reason I need to find a stock 2010 ROM image.

The ones pulled out of our cars by Ecutek are encrypted on the fly (so even images made using Ecutek cables, although they can put the car back to stock, are encrypted).

Yup, and TCU tuning for us. Part of the reason I need to find a stock 2010 ROM image.

The ones pulled out of our cars by Ecutek are encrypted on the fly (so even images made using Ecutek cables, although they can put the car back to stock, are encrypted).

May we use the ones from Romraider that are available?

Yes, but they have to match our ECU IDs exactly. I can't use the 2011, 2013 definitions, you can't use the 2010, 2011 ones. Might be able to use the 2013 if your ECU ID is a perfect match.

For example the 2010 definition that's up is ever so slightly different from mine (mine is 'older, earlier'). Table locations and memory addresses across model years tend to vary and it seems they even vary among same MY but different ECU IDs. Nightmare scenario.

LOL...

so wort case scenario, I get a new ecu, get the definitions (with romraider), intall an ecutek license, and then install the tune.

$ounds expen$ive

Is there an option where my ecu needs replacement under warranty?

Good luck, Perscitus. Do keep us posted on this. I thought I was going to get some goodies soon, but it sounds like it will be a lengthy process.

Gteaser to the rescue every friggin' time!

I suppose it needs to be correct to year and needs programming by subaru?

Should we move this conversation to the 3.6r mod list?

• 2 months later...

I was perusing youtube to find folks who ran the same day as me and their best times.

My best was 1:52.8 something on May 24, 2015.

here is a Golf R with a 1:56

I am working on my vids. The 1:52.8 doesn't run all the way to the end. Something quirky with Harry's lap timer.

I have two 1:53.## back to back that I will be posting later.

Absolutely awesome track video, looks like a great time! Were you pulling away from Gteaser on the highway? Lol. I noticed your questioning the corner speeds, if you can find the issue of motortrend that has that review there is always a little "scorecard" if you will that shows all the corner speeds, times, high speeds...for every test I will see if I still have that one, but I have been tossing them in the recycle bin after reading lately.

Thanks for sharing I look forward to watching more!

Not sure if you have seen this, but if the brz is putting down 1:51 and you are a couple seconds off you are definitely doing something right!

http://www.motortrend.com/features/laguna_lap/1208_2013_subaru_brz_laguna_lap/

Absolutely awesome track video, looks like a great time! Were you pulling away from Gteaser on the highway? Lol. I noticed your questioning the corner speeds, if you can find the issue of motortrend that has that review there is always a little "scorecard" if you will that shows all the corner speeds, times, high speeds...for every test I will see if I still have that one, but I have been tossing them in the recycle bin after reading lately.

Thanks for sharing I look forward to watching more!

That link sas a golf R for reference. My vid is still uploading...maybe for another 2 hours. It is the full third session. I will upload an overlayed video of my back to back 1:53.24 late tonight.

I keep thinking your lap vids are so awesome I wish I could do something like that...but its more like I wish I had the guts. Sebring raceway is less than an hour away and has open racing. Maybe one day!

I keep thinking your lap vids are so awesome I wish I could do something like that...but its more like I wish I had the guts. Sebring raceway is less than an hour away and has open racing. Maybe one day!

It is safer than driving on-road.

I think I have been a lot more lucky than good many a time.

I never imagined I would be driving on Laguna Seca Raceway.

Yeah. I've been more lucky than good.

Looks like you are running 275 tires, is there any rubbing for such wide tires?

If the car is low enough, at compression, you will eventually wear the fender liner and spit it out. You need stiff springs. Pull fronts. Roll and trim rears with a +45 offset.

Must see moarh vids now... anticipation is killing me Fred!

Hi Perscitus. I have two videos on there. One is a full session with no overlay and the other one is 4 laps with overlay.

You want me to overlay some full sessions and post them up?

Kk...I will get some more up there.

I wasnt able to get above 104 mph on Sunday. My fastest was 105 mph august 2014. Rob and I are not yet done with my tune.

I hope to have the tune done before Sonoma in less than two weeks. I called yesterday but he was on the dyno.

When you see him, please give him a friendly nudge.

If the car is low enough, at compression, you will eventually wear the fender liner and spit it out. You need stiff springs. Pull fronts. Roll and trim rears with a +45 offset.

Thanks! Do you happen to know how wide is safe for stock suspension?

Thanks! Do you happen to know how wide is safe for stock suspension?

255 is widest I was able to fit with stock suspension at a +45. Even that needed some fender work.

A 275 tire rubs on the spring perch.

Most coilovers will get you the extra clearance for a 275 tire.

https://youtu.be/3otLQ33MTaA

Fun few laps as I was getting evaluated to be in the NCRC point-by group. That just means passing is allowed anywhere on the track instead of select straights.

took three hours to upload this one.

I did figure out how to edit my HD camera vids to show both forward and rear facing cameras in one vid. That will come later.

Archived