LegacyGT.com

Fredrik94087 2013 3.6R Build List

I like the second video. Your chasing a SPW Legacy, is that some one from the forum?

I started out behind him in first session and then pulled in for instruction. In the second session we got stuck behind douche who wouldnt point us by.

That would be me. :cool:

He never caught me. ;)

:soap_box: cayman douche, wife locked out, day cut short :nono:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleasure Racing LWCP is in. When wife saw the box, she was very curious what the heck was in the brown box with the word "pleasure" on it.

First page updated.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Frederik, "Transmission cooler installed at dead center of radiator" - i was under assumption that legacy 3.6, in the same way as outback comes with transmission cooler integrated into the bottom on the standard radiator... Did you install additional cooler?

Frederik, "Transmission cooler installed at dead center of radiator" - i was under assumption that legacy 3.6, in the same way as outback comes with transmission cooler integrated into the bottom on the standard radiator... Did you install additional cooler?

Correct, there is a slim one on the bottom...it is about 2" tall.

I had a larger one (squarish) installed in front of the radiator. It still allows about 7" on left and 7" on right for direct air to radiator.

I didn't have any engine cooling nor transmission cooling issues after two sessions of 20 minutes on track day.

There is a bottle of water wetter in the radiator, and I ran 100 octane (slightly cooler than my usual 91).

I can't run around with a laptop connected up, and even if I got torque pro to work, I wouldn't be able to use Harry's Lap Timer. So...dunno what temps I had. I just know I didn't have any issues :) thank the Lawd!

Aaa, what were your oil temps with stock setup? The trick of joined radiators is - they act like heat exchangers :) so it is really interesting if you ever logged the temps, which can give a good base of rational behind additional radiator. On outback subaru doesn't even offer the tow package radiator anymore... Maybe it is because the stock one is pretty efficient? I'm just speculating, i do not know the answer, but thermal volume of radiator is huge, comparing to amount of heat from the small transmission one.

I am decent in tracking dyno numbers but not temps. Air intake temps, oil temps, engine temps, etc.

I dont know if the additional cooler is overkill, but I feel the oem one may not have been sufficient.

I have heard of EVO X MR transmissions overheating at the track and I wanted to be safe. I didnt want to limp home. The guys at Dietsch Werks were in agreement.

Mr transmissions are absolutely different, reason for overheating is different too. They have two filters, one has to be replaced after very short time on the track, and checked after every race. MRT performance has a lot of details on it and video. If evo is tracked your transmission oil has to be changed ~every 20k too. And it is different oil, not just atf. You cannot compare these cars.

• 2 weeks later...
Lagune Seca hyperlinks on first page.

So what were you using to film that, GoPro? Love the Harry's lap timer overlay.

I am using video the video feature inside the lap timer. The lap timer is more iphone friendly. I am using android.

I have seen better overlays on youtube that show braking, accelerating and analog speed and rpm guages.

I am using video the video feature inside the lap timer. The lap timer is more iphone friendly. I am using android.

I have seen better overlays on youtube that show braking, accelerating and analog speed and rpm guages.

Those added features may be with OBD II integration. Upgraded app. Not sure if supported by android yet. Very cool.

• 3 weeks later...
Complete third session of Laguna Seca with Harry's Lap timer overlay added to first page.

• 2 weeks later...

Fastest lap from yesterday added to page 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8mL-cdHnNs&feature=youtu.be

Nice job Fred!!! Saw you were getting the back end hanging out a bit on a few of these exits.

Thanks, but that was more from overshooting the turn a bit :lol:

The last session, I was running "casual" 1.53 for a few laps with some traffic. Then, I got out of traffic and BAM!

I should have a video of a hawk or something dropping a rodent on the track as I was coming up to a turn. I will have to look for it and post that one.

Cheers!

Second session posted. This one has fastest lap while chasing two cars on race tires.

I seem to do better when I am following someone rather than when I am out front.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0rxy5lX5s]Subaru Legacy 3.6R Laguna Seca August 24, 2014 Harry's Lap Timer Overlay - YouTube[/ame]

It is a fun track. It is surreal for me to be driving my car on that world famous track.

Funny thing is that the broadcasters keep increasing the count on the number of stories you drop in the corkscrew.

Most say three. I've heard someone mention five. And, there was one American Le Mans commentator who said ten stories. C'mon!

Nice driving Fred. Laguna is an awesome track. Felt like I was playing GT5 in my living room watching your vids lol!! That must have been a blast, well done and nice lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
Just wondering. When you track the car do you get your alignment checked after you remove all of your interior parts? Just wondering how much that weight change might affect the alignment if any.

Great question.

My alignment is done in track mode: empty trunk (no jack nor spare), a completely empty interior, 1/2+ tank of gas, and 190# in the driver's seat, and corner balanced.

My day will start with about 3/4+ tank of gas and go down to 1/4+ (if it dips close to 1/4, I will add some more if there is going to be another session).

I contemplated pulling the rear seats, but it was going to be too much hassle.

I would like to put the pig on a diet...however, I don't know from where I will cut the fat and keep it as a decent DD.

I wasn't sure where to post this.

Been struggling a bit with Shrek as he is a bit slow and could use better braking.

I was looking at youtube videos and came across a 2013 Porsche Turbo S.

Looking at the speed through the corners, they looked familiar. So, I compared the videos side by side for speed through corners. Not out of the corners and not braking. Just the slowest speed through a corner.

They were virtually the same.

My car is heavier and it is running street tires. Not bad Shrek.

I am still struggling with the lack of power and braking. Not sure what to do. Maybe the car stops getting modded at this point and I track it as is and put the modding money into another car when time comes.

I just don't know.

Still, it was nice to see Shrek holding it's own laterally if not in a straight line.

2014 Porsche Turbo S

2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8mL-cdHnNs

Let me know if you think I've been smoking something....

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I am not a professional driver, but the guy behind the wheel of the Porsche is....

Archived