LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

I think so too. Hopefully I can have my own 3.6R by this summer!

The biggest issue is getting the headers. Stock is very little and Tim from raptor often sells out. I would order now even without car in hand bc if you dont get the car someone will want them!

I have a 2011 but still haven't don't a full suspension set up. only the front and rear sways. The suspension is crap and once you add power it becomes worse. Before You do a raptor install and full tune I greatly recommend a full suspension replacement and get Your brakes done (pads, rotors, fluid..consider stainless steel lines and a cusco MCB).

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by Golferdude1087

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know. I was doing some pricing last night and sub 1 grand sounds like a good budget for suspension. Cheaper if I use the stock struts/shocks but they're 5 years old now. It's very questionable how much life is left in them. I'm gonna have to do some researching because I don't want to make this joyous ride turn German sporty.

Good to know. I was doing some pricing last night and sub 1 grand sounds like a good budget for suspension. Cheaper if I use the stock struts/shocks but they're 5 years old now. It's very questionable how much life is left in them. I'm gonna have to do some researching because I don't want to make this joyous ride turn German sporty.

That's without install costs. You're prolly $1200-$1500 for all shop dependant.

German sporty= bilistein + RCE Blacks...do koni yellow +2013 springs..it'll b taught but not track level

Edited by Golferdude1087

I was gonna get a hand from a buddy when doing them. Was actually wanting to drop about an inch, and looked at the swifts. Is there an option similar to them but with a little more drop in the rear, since the front of the 3.6 is a tad heavier? I read through the the suspension thread but didn't really see much that worked well for the 3.6.

I was gonna get a hand from a buddy when doing them. Was actually wanting to drop about an inch, and looked at the swifts. Is there an option similar to them but with a little more drop in the rear, since the front of the 3.6 is a tad heavier? I read through the the suspension thread but didn't really see much that worked well for the 3.6.

Eibachs

Hey guys ! It's been a while since I've been on here. Between school work and surgery from last summer had to take a step back ! But I've been looking for new thing to do for the legacy ! Currently have amr custom pipe , n1 invidia exhaust , raptor headers , and an intake ( we took out the air box and ran the intake by the vent ) along with an amr tune. Now that things are getting better was looking to start for some ideas on what to do next. Was wondering if you all would want to chime in ? Also with the cat less y pipe from amr passed my ny inspection with no issue !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

^^^ suspension and brakes next.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 1 month later...
Hello, I apologize. I've read numerous threads and searched but am probably just too fried(from work & life) to find the answer. I have 2011 3.6R. Already did RCE blacks, 2013 FSB, Whiteline RSB, upgrade rotors & pads. Can I do raptors, custom Y, midpipe, high flow cats to oem abe or is it too much of a restriction? I hate to startle the soccer mom sitting at the green light while she's texting, she might actually start driving and who knows what that could lead to. Sorry for mini-rant it's just the latest unbelievable behavior I've noticed on the road.

Hello, I apologize. I've read numerous threads and searched but am probably just too fried(from work & life) to find the answer. I have 2011 3.6R. Already did RCE blacks, 2013 FSB, Whiteline RSB, upgrade rotors & pads. Can I do raptors, custom Y, midpipe, high flow cats to oem abe or is it too much of a restriction? I hate to startle the soccer mom sitting at the green light while she's texting, she might actually start driving and who knows what that could lead to. Sorry for mini-rant it's just the latest unbelievable behavior I've noticed on the road.

I have that, its not that restrictive at all. The stock ABE is 2.375 and if you lose power at all compared to a full exhaust I would be shocked. Its very quiet at idle and cruise but def louder once you get on her. It still won't create a scene though, its a nice tone but muted. the 3.6R restrictions are in the front end (header to midpipe) the back half isn't really an issue.

From someone with a 3.6R with raptors and stock suspension (outside of the sways), do the full suspension first (bilisteins, konis ect), it becomes an adventure to handle with that much power and awful shocks.

Oh and a good tune is ESSENTIAL

Edited by Golferdude1087

Great news!!!, thanks for the info. It'll save some $$ that can possibly go to suspension(konis seems to be most cost effective for a dd). I did the blacks and rsb about 5 years ago in my driveway and it took me about 13 hours. Taking the struts apart was no picnic and I can only imagine what they're like now. I know it's not optimal but the springs did greatly reduce the float. I'm really wanting the power especially since I never even got to stage 1 with my 05 gt before the turbo blew.

Ran across this 3.6R today. Does anyone recognize these pipes? They don't match any of the ones I've seen while perusing this forum, and I think they look quite nice and am curious what they actually are. I didn't investigate super closely, but they don't appear to be tips. Anyone know?

http://i.imgur.com/WtVIX70.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zGQRRBR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NwWO7WA.jpg

I finally switched over to XRT from an old tuner which I got in July 2015. The car also had upgraded raptor headers, racing cats, a custom midpipe and ultraquiet resonator.

At first I loved the car, mainly because the increase in power was obvious and delightful. Over time though the limitations were quite obvious. The biggest one was global timing was almost always between 55-65% of maximum so power was always left on the table. In addition the throttle was very touchy and I never quite knew what kind of power I was going to get. As I learned more about the car, I noticed the power dropped off of a cliff at 5000 rpm and I ran out of gas.

I switched to Xtreme Racing Tuing after Perscitus convinced me in early November. House obligations pushed me back until April when I was finally able to switch over. Of course even that wasn't easy as I learned my tune was locked. My ECU had to be removed and shipped to a Tactrix who I trusted (and after this trust even more so) so I could have the ECU unlocked, wiped and flashed with XRT.

XRT Rev 0 was uploaded on thursday. Ed's base tune was miles better then the last tune was at its best time. Immediately after turning my car back to life, I heard the super smooth, quiet idle. I knew instantly this was a much better tune with more knowledgeable tuner. I felt the heavier, more precise throttle (same when I drove Perscitus's car) and as I merged onto the highway I felt the power. Smooth, linear all the way to redline. As I drove and logged the car, the power continue to rise as the car kept learning what it could do. The only imperfection I found was a deadpoint in the beginning of the throttle. That might have been from the tune, but more likely was because I was used to the throttle issue before.

V1 was loaded last night and I got to drive her today. Holy crap the car is fast now, she will pull way past 3rd gear (105+) and its much stronger at all RPMS.

Ed is amazing to work with, hes a brilliant tuner who knows exactly how to extract the power from our cars. He will push you to learn, as he is also always learning more and applying it to our cars. (Michal just recently uploaded a new revision after several months, and as much as he loved XRT before, the car just got another gear)

I know there is more work to be done, but I am delighted to be working with Ed on this as he obviously cares about our N/A cars in a way that few do.

Edited by Golferdude1087

Alex, most revisions I do is to finally break out girl in you and be a man. In other words, after working with Xtreme customers, I apply that change(s) to those who should have adjusted. Example...better aggressive throttle, better and firmer gear shifting and holding. Different in sound etc etc.

In addition, sometimes in tuning, a customer do not have much time and close analysis shows you that you can extract a little more from some areas. I apply these changes to future tunes and sending out updates to customers who could appreciate them.

As per usual because I drive :) you always look for that extra to feel you can do more :)

Edited by west_minist

I'm very anxious to work with you (Ed) in the future. My funds a little limited right now but I'm hoping to soon work on a basic tune for my car. Alex has convinced me to come over to the dark side. I've also read others comments on what can be done with just an aftermarket filter alone and I'm amazed. I can worry about raptor headers and custom exhaust later. Not sure if I'll get all ItalianLegacy on my car but we'll see :p

I used to view a car by what it does but never by what it can do. I'm still shocked that Subaru didn't have these cars run this way in the first place. They probably would have sold so many more. I've done a few simple mods to improve the handling of my car and performance. I feel I'm just about done aside from the "soft" RalliTEK 5EAT bushing as Perscitus suggested and better suspension. After that it's just exhaust and appearance addons.

This has been such a helpful group of knuckleheads that I've ever met. 8 months ago before I bought my car, I had zero knowledge of anything about it. Now I feel confident enough to do most maintenance and repairs that I wouldn't imagine doing before. Just takes some patience and common sense.