LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Injectors are extremely easy to source for the 3.0/3.6 - only needed if you want to experience the joys of boost safely. As mentioned - STI injectors slip straight in.

The OEM ignition coils punch out solid sparks, they ignite boosted engines very reliably, the Subaru coil is solid.

The path to NA power is in the airfilter/intake system to the throttle body, its in the headers and correct exhaust system and finally its in the tuning of the ECU. You upgrade all those items and you will get the solid gains mentioned by others. Proven and safe path with solid satisfaction :)

Edited by Tradewind

I just noticed my set of OE replacement spark plugs on my dresser. These should weigh a lot less than the motul atf I am selling...so shipping wont be nearly as bad. Anyone interested please PM me.

I also have an LGT shift knob from my 2.5i 6mt...again please pm if interested.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 1 month later...

When the OP goes from tracking to using his motor as an anchor, things get quiet.

Haven't heard from Italian or Perscitus in a while either.

3.6Rs, do your thing!

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/product/inv-hs10sl1gtt-invidia-n1-cat-back-exhaust-titanium-tip?ymm=2010-subaru-legacy-2-5gt-2-5

Hmm, looks pretty good. The tips on those are nice. Nameless axle backs are like 450 for the mufflers so this seems pretty doable. Get some raptor headers. From what I read the headers to the cat have to be custom fabricated?

Edited by Timothy.B

Hey guys, just reviewing my last few posts, my apologies for the short answers. I was very busy with work and just reviews post on the phone.

From my experience tuning the H6 since 2009 and the 3.6 since 2014, a good CAI, full exhaust system and a very well maintained car, produces the greatest results.

updated first post with a few pics. If you have a link to a pic of your 3.6R that should be on page 1, please let me know.

Nostalgiaaaaaaaaaa

Cars running ok but as she gets up in mileage (nearing 90k), the typical Subaru weirdness comes along (creaks and rattles inside but still mechanically sound). She also has a slight rattle from the exhaust that can be heard when holding the rpms high to force advance the timing. She'll go into the shop Tuesday for alignment, transmission drain and fill, oil change and the exhaust rattle.

Had to hold off on switching to XRT due to just purchasing my house and moving in last weekend. I will be meeting up with Perscitus on Saturday to do the transmission flash and get a taste of the XRT in his 3.6R.

Hopefully January/February I can make a return trip and get in the XRT tune. Unfortunately theres certain software I need in order to wipe the old tune because of it being locked and it always helps to have someone more experienced around..just in case.

Also on the way to work today I got to finally see what shes on par with using the current tune: Nissan 370Z convertible was dead even on the highway so that was fun.

I've had an exhaust rattle for a while as well... I think new bushings will probably solve the problem.

Also on the way to work today I got to finally see what shes on par with using the current tune: Nissan 370Z convertible was dead even on the highway so that was fun.

Similar to my experience. You'll beat a 350Z though or a G37 (Same engine in the 3.7L one). It does piss off 370Z owners when a big family sedan keeps up though.

• 2 weeks later...

RSB or FSB? Assuming you mean RSB...

I doubt anyone does, its overkill.

21mm 2015+ WRX/STI RSB balances well with the 23mm or 26mm OEM 3.6R FSBs. If you want to go Whiteline - 22mm adjustable is plenty. 24mm also overkill. Both will have endlinks, even the spherical or adjustable ones for breakfast. Way too stiff.

Consider either a:

19mm OEM older gen STI or Outback RSB... if you have the 2010-12 stock 23mm FSB

21mm OEM 2015+ WRX/STI RSB... if you have the 2013-14 stock 26mm FSB

SuperPro 20-21mm RSB

Whiteline 21mm RSB

SuperPro or Rallitech Rear Endlinks

Edited by Perscitus

Back in the "Dark ages" when I had a 4th Gen....2006 LGT sedan....there were a number of guys who modded their exhausts by simply deleting the OEM resonator and adding a piece of straight pipe in it's place....supposedly sound good (Throaty) and did not drone....anyone tried or heard of a 5th Gen 2.5 or 3.6 doing this?? Cheap and easy sporty exhaust ;)