LegacyGT.com

Gex's 2005 RBP Wagon

Gex

There’s a lot of want with this nugget....very nice sir! Is it a IV?

What kind of brakes are you running on the LGT?

Wagon is running 04-07 STI Brembos.

It is indeed a 1996 EVO 4 with 120,000km and factory Ralliart graphics. It is still in Japan unfortunately. Wont be able to bring it in until 2021. I have the car in a Japanese work shop right now getting a clutch, timing, etc... so It is all dialed and ready when It comes over.

I really have to stay off the JDM auction sites. I bought an EP82 Starlet GT Turbo last week to replace my ST205 Celica for rally cross duty. Should be a hoot. 135hp, lsd, 1900lbs. That'll be here end of November.

50547270586_8144acfd8c_c.jpg

My wife loves me :lol:

Wagon is running 04-07 STI Brembos.

It is indeed a 1996 EVO 4 with 120,000km and factory Ralliart graphics. It is still in Japan unfortunately. Wont be able to bring it in until 2021. I have the car in a Japanese work shop right now getting a clutch, timing, etc... so It is all dialed and ready when It comes over.

I really have to stay off the JDM auction sites. I bought an EP82 Starlet GT Turbo last week to replace my ST205 Celica for rally cross duty. Should be a hoot. 135hp, lsd, 1900lbs. That'll be here end of November.

Omg I don't even know what that is but tiny lightweight hatch with lsd? Is it a manual? Sell it to me when you're done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what’s your secret?! Lol

That looks like a blast, reminds me of a dodge colt/mitsu hatchback(forgot the model). With a 4G63T that’d be a fun little car. Keep us updated once it comes here!

The secret is about a half rack of IPAs late on Saturday night and the wife and kids asleep with me at the helm in the Auction portal. The Japanese time zone when the cars hit the auction works out surprisingly well with the pacific time zone evenings. Its a dangerously fun combination.
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
The secret is about a half rack of IPAs late on Saturday night and the wife and kids asleep with me at the helm in the Auction portal. The Japanese time zone when the cars hit the auction works out surprisingly well with the pacific time zone evenings. Its a dangerously fun combination.

Hahahhahahahah lmao. I was referring to how you’re still married but that’s good to know, too. I don’t know how I’ve accumulated 3 cars and haven’t been divorced yet. Great luck and a very tolerant wife, i guess. Boxkita thanks for sharing that was a cool article. Speaking of funny wrecks I saw a newer Porsche wreck a mail truck last weekend. Porsche was totaled (ie no hood left) but the mail truck had a dented rear bumper. Really wanted to take a pic but there were lots of cops and just me driving so that probably wouldn’t have ended well...

• 4 weeks later...

Not much going on in the wagon department. Took it to the grocery store this weekend. It is just a fantastic little wagon.

As for my imported stuff.

Starlet hit the port yesterday. It will get delivered next week. Since it was not here in time for a local rally cross at DirtFish on Sunday I raced the Celica. Ended up 4th out of 10. Missed the podium by 2 seconds. Definitely got some style points though in the Castrol livery.

50689055611_b15099cf97_c.jpg

50689055661_caa4ba4cc2_c.jpg

50689054651_cf477fd9c4_c.jpg

50689135052_29791063f9_c.jpg

Photos by Peng Du

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Gex said:

Been awhile since I updated this thread. The RBP wagon was destroyed last year. It has since been replaced. 

1AB131F1-38FF-4660-8B33-FFFBA2DD2E7D.jpeg

14FAF49A-0193-4E7B-8CE3-02DCE6AD0766.jpeg

B6C65A48-557F-4671-AC72-93E1CD280655.jpeg

DEC5E0B9-3009-41C2-9A76-43EAE0E5B1C6.jpeg

45401DDD-065F-42AF-BC10-151B91696111.jpeg

Nooooo!!!! That thing was my inspiration! Can I ask what happened? That car was beautiful! Also…where’s the Celica, or is it not in that pic? That Evo IV….such a cool car. Can’t decide if the IV or V is my fav. (Kinda like those better than that same gen  STi…shhhh….lol) The Castro livery on these takes me back to my days of watching the WRC on the speed Channel (back when there was actually WRC coverage broadcasted in the us) with the greats of the late 90s/ early 20000s.
I remember there was this poster that had a bunch of exotic/sports cars from the 90s that said “Justification for higher education”. This last pic is such, and also my new background…

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Nooooo!!!! That thing was my inspiration! Can I ask what happened? That car was beautiful! Also…where’s the Celica, or is it not in that pic? That Evo IV….such a cool car. Can’t decide if the IV or V is my fav. (Kinda like those better than that same gen  STi…shhhh….lol) The Castro livery on these takes me back to my days of watching the WRC on the speed Channel (back when there was actually WRC coverage broadcasted in the us) with the greats of the late 90s/ early 20000s.
I remember there was this poster that had a bunch of exotic/sports cars from the 90s that said “Justification for higher education”. This last pic is such, and also my new background…

The RBP wagon and myself left the road at a bit of speed and unfortunately the car was a write off. I saved the drivetrain, most of the interior, brakes, and JDM front end. Rest went to the crusher.

Celica was sold for a Pajero Evo! The Pajero is sitting at the Port of Tacoma waiting to clear customs. Really hoping I can get it tomorrow!

81C49BD0-D560-4B0B-9B6E-0A727F386170.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/23/2022 at 6:48 PM, Gex said:

The RBP wagon and myself left the road at a bit of speed and unfortunately the car was a write off. I saved the drivetrain, most of the interior, brakes, and JDM front end. Rest went to the crusher.

Celica was sold for a Pajero Evo! The Pajero is sitting at the Port of Tacoma waiting to clear customs. Really hoping I can get it tomorrow!

81C49BD0-D560-4B0B-9B6E-0A727F386170.jpeg

Hopefully you weren’t hurt…kinda sucks but that’s how it is with older cars. Thats too bad but rally racing is their heritage, so…nuff said. Lol. Glad you were able to find another and save some parts off it. 

That’s a cool find! You and your rare JDM toys…pls continue to provide us pics that’s seriously some good stuff.

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 2

I didn't realize the yellow-wrapped wagon I saw at Wagonfest wasn't the old blue one just wrapped. Bummer to hear about what happened. These things are becoming rarer by the day! The JDM nuggets are quite nice, I must say.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...