LegacyGT.com

why is the legacy so heavy?

If hte car comes with it, it's worth it. If you ahve to convert to it, its $3000-$8000 depending on how good you are at sourcing parts and getting a deal on labor.

So you know, the "flexible firewall" is an internet meme? Its not flexible. The MBC brace is an $80 bling item. The crash ratings may be higher on the newer cars, however, they are newer cars and tech is better.

Lighter weight is a relative term given new 'vettes are pushing 4000lbs. My 05 GT Ltd 5mt wagon with driver/passenger/dog/50% full gas tank is 3500.

Since when are corvettes 4000lbs?

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... I will say I liked the seats in my wrx better then my lgt.

WRX Seats are magic sedans, or thrones. Whatever you want to call them. I so wish the LGTS had a lil more bolstering. Feels like I'm Sitting on a Rubbermaid Garden chair.

^ this. driven a few of them. they're nice but not as nice as the legacy for sure.

I've settled on getting a legacy, I'm going to have my zx2 for my "because racecar"

Even looking at the 2015 wrx, the interiors just dont compare to the legacy. even as far back as 2005, the legacy's interiors are still better than the new wrx.

Does anyone know the gear ratio's on these legacy's though?

WRX Seats are magic sedans, or thrones. Whatever you want to call them. I so wish the LGTS had a lil more bolstering. Feels like I'm Sitting on a Rubbermaid Garden chair.

I wish I could swap wrx seats in my lgt. I don't care if my seats are heated or leather.

Dude, what?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gear+ratios+site%3Alegacygt.com

First hit. Search using Google and the "site:" trick. :)

fricken google, appearently the site's search bar sucks because I couldn't find it through there. (at least I'm not a complete noob who create's a new thread asking for gear ratios :lol:)

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You want the extra room and luxury of a legacy but the weight of a wrx. When you figure out how to do that share your magic with us please.

+1

OP wants a 2500lb car? He should go look at some early 90's imports for that kind of weight. And a lot of them felt and drove like tin cans compared to the cars today. It's simple.

I never said i wanted a 2500lb car. I have a 2500lb car and it doesnt quite drive like a tin can, its stupid fast but not as luxurious for sure. I definately will be going for the legacy, i was just wondering why the legacy's weighed what they do. If there was some outstanding reason why they're heavy, like a flexible firewall, or heavy muffler bearings, or of course the heavy duty headlight fluid.

thumbing thru this I have to say I love the gearing in my 5MT car. Zero to sixty is one shift, I've pulled a 3.97 second run one cold night. The car will rip off 4.2-4.5 all day without killing the clutch.

As far as these leather, power heated seats OMG those things weigh more than most any seat I have pulled from a car. The deck lid spoiler (which everyone here loves lol) is pretty damn heavy also.

I never said i wanted a 2500lb car. I have a 2500lb car and it doesnt quite drive like a tin can, its stupid fast but not as luxurious for sure. I definately will be going for the legacy, i was just wondering why the legacy's weighed what they do. If there was some outstanding reason why they're heavy, like a flexible firewall, or heavy muffler bearings, or of course the heavy duty headlight fluid.

Just for comparision, what does a Audi A4 weigh ? Don't forget to the AWD adds weigh, but it makes up for it with traction.

Look what I found,

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/audi-a4s-heavy-7515/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I think 05 was the only year you could get a GT and GT Limited. In 06, all GTs were sold with the Limited package standard.

You might be looking at a non-Limited versus a Limited.

I <3 my unlmiited

But my understanding is that the stock blocks only safely hold 350whp? And that may help acceleration, but weight reduction helps acceleration, braking, and gas mileage.

perhaps you'd be happier in a vw passat? lgt doesn't seem to be your cup of tea.

stock blocks will hold 700+, provided you build with quality components. of course, like any other 700hp car, it will be utterly useless on the road.

lgt avg 25mpg and drop as you drive more aggressively or tune for a more precise requirement. ppl often get 30 or higher on hwy if using cruise and a sane speed.

on track, my 310hp wagon is an even match for my spec miata racecar at ~105hp. rhe wagon is more than a match for most other cars.

there's no way to make a 2500lb lgt that's remotely worth calling an lgt.

perhaps less troll and more "this is what I'm looking to do" would help you get answers?

Well ive said before that the legacy is what i want...

I was looking for an awd, 4 door, reliable, semi-rare, comfortable car. Legacy gt fits the bill.

Didnt realize id get so much crap for asking what weigh reduction methods there were that dont sacrifice comfort. (Such as removing spare tire)

Well ive said before that the legacy is what i want...

I was looking for an awd, 4 door, reliable, semi-rare, comfortable car. Legacy gt fits the bill.

Didnt realize id get so much crap for asking what weigh reduction methods there were that dont sacrifice comfort. (Such as removing spare tire)

Look into an IS350 AWD. More reliable as good/bad an AWD system, more car and more reliable. Less the upgrade path.

Archived