LegacyGT.com

why is the legacy so heavy?

Well ive said before that the legacy is what i want...

I was looking for an awd, 4 door, reliable, semi-rare, comfortable car. Legacy gt fits the bill.

Didnt realize id get so much crap for asking what weigh reduction methods there were that dont sacrifice comfort. (Such as removing spare tire)

so there iused to be a thread on that. for now you'll have to pm FPerron and ask. though most of his mods are for a track car.

skip the snark and ask questions directly tends to get answer more quickly.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hit the scales at 3328 wet -driver. That is extremely reasonable considering my dad's C6 Z06 is ~3100 with an "exotic" hydroformed AL frame. AWD adds a tremendous amount of weight in most cases.

OP, just buy a Caterham and some goggles. Or a Liter bike and ride fully torqued knowing your power:weight is unrivaled.

Like this you mean?

When you get through the first video, watch the epic motorcycle crash video (New Motorcycle Accidents Compilation)...Man oh man, are there a LOT of stupid people on motorcycles that have absolutely NO business on them. A couple of the crashes are absolutely terrifying.

At 3:28.......well.....watch it yourself.....

When you get through the first video, watch the epic motorcycle crash video (New Motorcycle Accidents Compilation)...Man oh man, are there a LOT of stupid people on motorcycles that have absolutely NO business on them. A couple of the crashes are absolutely terrifying.

At 3:28.......well.....watch it yourself.....

I view motorcycles as organ donor programs. The more that are sold, the more chances people waiting for a match have. Morbid, yes, reality, yes.

I view motorcycles as organ donor programs. The more that are sold, the more chances people waiting for a match have. Morbid, yes, reality, yes.

Couldn't agree more. How many good low mileage bikes do you see for sale? So many have been dropped. Wouldn't catch me on a bike.

years ago, I worked in a motorcycle accessories store where we sold helmets. We had Bell, HJC, and Harley products. We covered the 3 main groups: H-D, rice rockets, and Gold Wings. One day I'm at the helmet counter reading up on the latest Bell goodness and this Gold Wing rider comes in walking a bit funny. He has a shaved head with an ugly scar from what turns out to have been brain surgery. He had brain surgery because he dumped his Gold Wing, went over the front and landed on his helmet. His half helmet. The helmet split and what little Styrofoam that was there kept him from being a total vegetable. He's telling me this story and I'm thinking your damn lucky to be alive. Then he says he wants another helmet. I pull out Bell's latest $300 (I said it was years ago) top-of-the-line helmet. Full face, Snell approved, every possible chance of walking away helmet. He's not interested. On a lark, I pull out a farce (we catered to everyone) of a helmet - think German military helmet from the 40's - no padding, leather covered with a spike on top. His eyes lit up and he said "I'll take it". I called over the person who normally handled Gold Wing people and said you can have this sale. No way I wanted that on my conscious.

We had a sign in the shop next to the helmets "if you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet". We sold a lot of $10 helmets, often to the same people. I often wonder how many Darwin videos we helped create.

None because those helmet owners likely died. I don't ride because I can't afford (or want to) the best in safety gear.

Even the best gear offers only a margin increase in protection. Friend of mine was struct at 25 mph while on a slow group ride. Broke his back. In a chair for life.

I hear you on that... I feel that a $600 helmet has to offer some kind of protection increase over a $250 helmet in addition to weight savings or comfort or something.

Either way, 4 wheeled vehicles with a roof and seatbelts for me, please.

I hear you on that... I feel that a $600 helmet has to offer some kind of protection increase over a $250 helmet in addition to weight savings or comfort or something.

Either way, 4 wheeled vehicles with a roof and seatbelts for me, please.

I bought a $600 helmet solely for weight savings. My neck thanks me every time I get out of the car.

Archived