LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Levorg Debuts, 1.6DIT and 2.0DIT engines, 170ps and 300ps

AndreyK

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this car comes to America I'll buy it. Otherwise I'm on my 5th and last Subaru.

I'm on the fence. If it doesn't arrive here, I may still go for the STI before they swap that 2.5 for a 2.0 (unless there is an advantage with a 2.0 vs a 2.5) Other than that, the new S3 has a lot of appeal.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I'm on the fence. If it doesn't arrive here, I may still go for the STI before they swap that 2.5 for a 2.0 (unless there is an advantage with a 2.0 vs a 2.5) Other than that, the new S3 has a lot of appeal.

2.0 is the way of the future. I see no advantage to getting the 2.5. There might be a little bit better initial aftermarket support, but that's it. And with the 2.0 in FXT and now the big selling WRX, it won't be long and the aftermarket is going to explode. Skip the new STI.

2.0 is the way of the future. I see no advantage to getting the 2.5. There might be a little bit better initial aftermarket support, but that's it. And with the 2.0 in FXT and now the big selling WRX, it won't be long and the aftermarket is going to explode. Skip the new STI.
Ditto!

• 5 months later...

Topic revivial...

So is this same or longer than the new WRX ? it looks longer, but its based on the same platform ?

It seems the Levorg and WRX sedan are about the same total length.

http://car.watch.impress.co.jp/img/car/docs/632/156/04.jpg

Here's a rough MSPaint comparison I threw together:

Levorg_vs_WRX.jpg

I also think that they should package the Levorg wagon body as the WRX Wagon but the Impreza hatchback as the STI 5-door variant.

I'd go buy one tomorrow if it was available. Since it's not I'll keep my '05 LGTL and plan to buy a BMW 335i wagon when it's time...

A 335i wagon is unobtainium in the States. Your only choice is a 328i or 328d with XDrive. No manual option either. :mad:

What a nice WRX station wagon that thing would make. ;)

I would hope that they package it the same as the WRX is now, including the manual parking brake.

Although, I think the Levorg wheels look better than the ones on the WRX.

I would hope that they package it the same as the WRX is now, including the manual parking brake.

Although, I think the Levorg wheels look better than the ones on the WRX.

That would be so much awesome.

I agree, they certainly look better than the stock WRX wheels.

Archived