LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Levorg Debuts, 1.6DIT and 2.0DIT engines, 170ps and 300ps

AndreyK

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No 6 speed in Japan ( only country annouced for release as of yet anyways ) only normal Lineartronic CVT for 1.6 DIT and Sport ( high torque ) Lineatronic CVT with 2.0 DIT...

http://www.fhi.co.jp/contents/pdf_97158.pdf[/quote

it will also Be sold in Europee (1.6 and 2.0) but we don't yet know when...

Yep, its the turn signals. Hence the fugly orange bulb in the USDM WRX version of this front end. Of course they also skipped out of the nicer grill, bumper cover and DRL modules that slip on horizontally between the turn signal and fog light.

I've edited the USDM WRX press demo cars a bit to add some of the Levorq and JDM WRX styling back and it looks much better...

SOA will put them on 2nd year of production, same they did with 5th gen and turn signals in mirrors.

SOA never learns...

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• 2 weeks later...

SoA decided 'niet' because marketing expertz say US/CAN utility consumers not like Levorg name and car not sell, not make money. Plus they'd like to sell it with 0 options with 2.5i and regular CVT to which SoJ/FHI said 'blasphemy! niet'.

SoJ/FHI also said 'niet' to renaming the Levorg to something a US/CAN consumer would gobble up, for example:

Challenger, Explorer, Tribeca, Windstar, Sonic, Sienna, Bronco, Impala or other equally beautiful names.

SoA decided 'niet' because marketing expertz say (US/CAN utility consumers) not like Levorg name and car not sell, not make money. Plus they'd like to sell it with 0 options with 2.5i and regular CVT to which SoJ/FHI said 'blasphemy niet'!

:lol: Funny how you put it but in the end, :(

im just keeping my fingers crossed a wrx wagon is available in 2016 in the us. itll probably be the levorg but stripped down for 'muricans.

According to the review of the WRX in the AutoWeek that just hit my mailbox, there will be no 5-door, period.

:nono:

The review cites Subaru people as saying that the goal for this WRX was ultimate chassis rigidity and no more flopping over in turns. In their minds to do that in a 5-door would not have worked the way they wanted. The reviewer's comment was you could do 2 cars half-right or one car fully right and that he agreed with the decision.

It's already in the recycling bin or I'd give you the direct quote.

So nice. This seems more like a natural evolution of the 4th Gen. Personally, I think this is what the 5th gen should have been.

Either way though, nice car. Good job Subaru.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived