LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Levorg Debuts, 1.6DIT and 2.0DIT engines, 170ps and 300ps

AndreyK

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many different cars can you make out of the same platform before you start competing against yourself and driving up your cost of doing business? Impreza sedan, Impreza hatch, WRX sedan, WRX sedan, XV, Levorg, Forester, ?, ?, ?.....

Starting to sound like GM in their hay days pumping out Oldsmobuick whatchamacallits.

The only thing new to this equation is the Levorg

The Forester has moved far out of reach of the Impreza size wise.

The XV replaced the Outback Sport and is far more differentiated.

Maybe you meant to type WRX hatch instead of sedan twice, but there is no more WRX hatch

The Levorg is a premium wagon that is replacing the Legacy wagon in Japan since the Legacy has grown too big for their market.

The only overlap out of all of that is the Crosstrek and Impreza, and both of those seem to be coexisting just fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How many different cars can you make out of the same platform before you start competing against yourself and driving up your cost of doing business? Impreza sedan, Impreza hatch, WRX sedan, WRX sedan, XV, Levorg, Forester, ?, ?, ?.....

Starting to sound like GM in their hay days pumping out Oldsmobuick whatchamacallits.

if they use the same chassis and rework the body alittle, they would save alot of money. instead of manufacturing 1000 of A and 1000 for B, they would make 2000 of the same that works for A and B. they wouldnt have to stock more parts on the shelf for each model, etc too

if they use the same chassis and rework the body alittle, they would save alot of money. instead of manufacturing 1000 of A and 1000 for B, they would make 2000 of the same that works for A and B. they wouldnt have to stock more parts on the shelf for each model, etc too

I hear you. You get some additional sales, but it's called cannibalizing from own product line.

I joined this thread a bit late.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but LEVORG spelled backwards is GROVEL

verb

verb: grovel; 3rd person present: grovels; past tense: grovelled; past participle: grovelled; gerund or present participle: grovelling; past tense: groveled; past participle: groveled; gerund or present participle: groveling

1. 1.
    lie or move abjectly on the ground with one's face downward.
    "she was groveling on the floor in fear"
    synonyms:prostrate oneself

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

The Levorg is a premium wagon that is replacing the Legacy wagon in Japan since the Legacy has grown too big for their market.

I'd consider the A4, 3 series, V60, etc... to be "Premium wagons".

The Levorg is a "Nice Impreza". But it's still an Impreza.

I'd consider the A4, 3 series, V60, etc... to be "Premium wagons".

The Levorg is a "Nice Impreza". But it's still an Impreza.

I call those luxury wagons. The point is, it's based off the impreza but a lot nicer than the impreza in features and appointments. It's a Legacy wagon version of the Impreza.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So if it is supposed to replace the Legacy, then it has to come over here right? Cause if not, what would replace the Legacy then? :confused:

I think Levorg is going to replace Legacy Wagon, not Legacy sedan. My understanding is that for USDM Legacy will remain a sedan and Outback will remain a CUV/Wagon.

Levorg (if it comes here) will be targeted to people who complained that 5th gen got too big and there is no wagon.

Is this more or less correct, B4?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I think Levorg is going to replace Legacy Wagon, not Legacy sedan. My understanding is that for USDM Legacy will remain a sedan and Outback will remain a CUV/Wagon.

Levorg (if it comes here) will be targeted to people who complained that 5th gen got too big and there is no wagon.

Is this more or less correct, B4?

Agreed. It replaces the Legacy wagon for markets where smaller cars are preferred due to congestion, smaller parking spaces, etc like Japan and Europe. I don't see it coming here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived