LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edmunds first drive: http://www.edmunds.com/subaru/wrx/2015/road-test.html

*edit* Unfortunately, looks like the Nav is the same lousy interface as the Forester. I really hope the base stereo and nav option in the new Legacy/Outback are better that what we get in the Impreza, WRX, Forester.

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/subaru/wrx/2015/fd/2015_subaru_wrx_f34_fd_1210136_1600.jpg

http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/23186/2015_subaru_wrx_all_grown_up/

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1089081_2015-subaru-wrx-first-drive

Video review:

http://subiesport.tv/site/2013/12/2015-subaru-wrx-first-drive-video/

All links shamelessly stolen from nasioc.

Doesn't seem to be too much new info from the various reviews, but they are all very consistent. Sharper handling, better fit and finish, better power delivery.

The motortrend is probably the most informative article I've seen so far. I'm curious what the pricing and release schedule looks like, along with a dyno plot. And, of course, STi information, and any news on a 5 door - I wonder if they'll add that for 2016. The impreza wagon is hideous though, IMO, and I don't think I've seen any photoshops yet of the 2015 WRX style on a 5-door 2.5i.

If you guys haven't seen the reaction on nasioc, I highly recommend it for a few laughs.

The motorauthority article sums it up nicely:

"The 2015 Subaru WRX may be the most perfect shelter ever ginned up for Internet trolls. We're already super-familiar with their super-tired take on the new turbo all-wheel-drive sedan. To paraphrase: "This car, which is not substantially changed in feel or intent, and which I do not own, is ruined!!!!" Exclamation points theirs.

Rise up, basement-dwelling sock romancers!"

One of the reviews above mentions a bone stock MT base pricing starting at 26.5K and going up to somewhere around 33K for a fully-loaded (hate the term but it works here) limited with CVT. STIs are supposed to start around the so-called 'magical' 35K.

One way or the other, my younger brother will be picking up a Premium trim WRX with CVT in the spring and likely the Corvette ZR1-styled optional 18s. The BBS R1s don't look that great on this car - pass.

Leather - no thanks

Sun/moonroof - no thanks

USDM LED headlights - no thanks, we'll make our own amber-free, blacked-out JDM replicas with Lightwerkz.

Slap some Levorg style DRL LEDs strips on there while at it, install an F1 rear fog light.

Exhaust - ARK CBE (dual, not quad-tip, maybe squarish to match the rear diffuser design)

That video review is actually pretty good. I agree with the guy in it.

And yes, that door chime is annoying as eff - what were they thinking? Its much worse than the 5th gen seat-belt and door chimes (hopefully as easy to turn off like on our 4th and 5th gen Leggies). The OE nav sux, as expected. But looks decent on the dash. The steering wheel plastic faux-aluminium piece is nothing some vinyl wrap can't help to fix. Either match the fake carbon fiber trim or re-do all the trim pieces in say brushed steel or aluminium. Easy fix.

I think I'm starting to like it. :icon_redf

I thought it was...homely...when I saw the first pics from the (was it LA?) auto show where it was unveiled. It's really grown on me. I don't like the red, but DGM and WRB look great.

That video review is actually pretty good. I agree with the guy in it.

And yes, that door chime is annoying as eff - what were they thinking? Its much worse than the 5th gen seat-belt and door chimes (hopefully as easy to turn off like on our 4th and 5th gen Leggies). The OE nav sux, as expected. But looks decent on the dash. The steering wheel plastic faux-aluminium piece is nothing some vinyl wrap can't help to fix. Either match the fake carbon fiber trim or re-do all the trim pieces in say brushed steel or aluminium. Easy fix.

I just watched it, and noticed it's got a top mounted oil-filter, and hood dampers. Nice.

I wonder if STi will retain the DCCD, and if so, now that WRX will be 6mt, what's required to give the WRX the DCCD.

Kind of sad they went with EL headers, but performance is performance, and I wouldn't have a louder exhaust on my DD anyway.

DS TV review states the newer 6MT is the "best" 6MT ever made by subaru. While I like the car overall i would def need that 6MT option. 8 steps isn't too shabby tho. I like the DGM and WRB but curious about other wheel options, not too stoked about the Corolla like test drive option. Hope they offer a more open spoke design.

Also ive watched all the vids and the exhaust note is still very much Subaru.

Different 6mt from what I've gathered. More like the one in the 5th gen LGT.

I asked the same question in the nasioc thread, and apparently the 6MT is based on the one from the Forester, so no chances of a plug-and-play STi DCCD are slim-to-none.

Edit: Rewatched a video. The forester based transmission is the CVT in the WRX. I'm not sure what the 6-speed is based off of.

One thing I saw, after somebody on nasioc complained, is that the WRX logo is no longer embroidered on the headrest. I'm glad it's gone...looks tacky on the current gen.

I like the red stitching on the seats, shift boot, and steering wheel. That, plus the carbon fiber trim, is reminiscent of the 1st gen 2.5rs.

Edit: I also like the switch from plasma blue pearl (blurple) to galaxy blue silica, a dark blue.

I am going to check out what the STI will look like, probably the same, except with some minor body kit upgrades possibly, and upgraded brake system.

Current STi is a lot more than a body kit and brakes, compared to the current WRX. DCCD, helical front LSD, torsen rear LSD, sharper suspension. I'm not sure how much sharper they'll make it - some reviews are comparing the WRX to the EVO in sitffness/handling, and EVOs have always been firmer than the STi, so who knows what they'll do there?

I'm guessing more power...possibly a 2.5l? I'd be surprised if they stick with the EJ in the STi, after getting the hype machine going on the FA20. Maybe we'll see an FA25? Brakes are a weak point from the early reviews, so I'm sure they'll address those.

A guy at NASIOC posted a review compilation thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2582368

Not anything new, I don't think, but it's combined in one post and nicely formatted.

Archived