LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX teaser

aac0036

One thing I saw, after somebody on nasioc complained, is that the WRX logo is no longer embroidered on the headrest. I'm glad it's gone...looks tacky on the current gen.

I like the red stitching on the seats, shift boot, and steering wheel. That, plus the carbon fiber trim, is reminiscent of the 1st gen 2.5rs.

Edit: I also like the switch from plasma blue pearl (blurple) to galaxy blue silica, a dark blue.

not to mention if we find these seats swap over easily with other platforms, you wouldn't have to worry about your lgt saying "wrx" on the seats. Especially since us 5th gen folks feel our seats leave a lot to be desired when it comes to how much you slide around when driving through corners etc.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't the FA20 already doing 300 HP stock in Japan (i.e. Levorg)?

It is in the JDM Legacy:

http://www.carscoops.com/2012/05/subaru-refreshes-jdm-legacy-gets-new.html

"The big news, of course, is the new 2.0-liter direct injection turbo (DIT) flat-four producing 296hp (300PS) at 5,600 rpm and 400Nm (295 lb-ft) from 2,000 to 4,800 rpm, or 15hp and 50Nm (37 lb-ft) more than the 2.5-liter single-scroll turbo flat four it replaces."

since WRX is detuned at 15psi compared to 17 in FXT - I will bet that simple stage 1 on 93 will get you close to those numbers. I still think that part of the reason USDM cars are detuned is fuel. They have to account for 91 only in California

very true - and the Legacy is Subaru's mid-size sedan - in that role, the 4th gen was too small, particularly when it came to the rear seat. They fix that, and sales go up, as it's now a legitimate option for folks looking for a mid-sized car, rather than for a compact with a nicer interior than the Impreza.

Funny how all of your 4th gen comparisons are for the GT - where are the 2.5i comparisons?

It's not as if there is only one way to a do a mid-sizer...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLcURdr9YoM]2013-14 Mid-Size Sedan Comparison Test: Toyota Camry vs Honda Accord vs Mazda6 and more - YouTube[/ame]

It's no accident that the Legacy tied with the Camry in 6th place. Because that's really all it is...an AWD Camry alternative, which the 4th Gen LGT was not, and for most coming from a 4th gen LGT, this is not a good thing, even if sales are up overall.

Either way, the new WRX looks like a good place for 4th gen LGT owners to go. At this point the Legacy is a lost cause.

It's not as if there is only one way to a do a mid-sizer...

It's no accident that the Legacy tied with the Camry in 6th place. Because that's really all it is...an AWD Camry alternative, which the 4th Gen LGT was not, and for most coming from a 4th gen LGT, this is not a good thing, even if sales are up overall.

Either way, the new WRX looks like a good place for 4th gen LGT owners to go. At this point the Legacy is a lost cause.

Hey Mr. Kizashimeister. If you noticed, that is a 2.5 legacy with a CVT. Now, not to bash anyone here with a 2.5i limited. I am trying to make a point.

I traded in my 2.5i 6mt, even though it had a 6-speed, for a 3.6R automatic. I'm quite sure my 3.6R would do very well in stock form compared to an Audi A4 2.0 quattro, AND at around $10,000+ less.

And, if you happen to be in San Jose, I'd be more than happy to give you a ride in my car and make you a believer.

Cheers!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

:offtopic:

Sorry we're off topic...he got my goat. I felt a need to defend Shrek.

It won't happen again ;)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

• I Donated
Hey Mr. Kizashimeister. If you noticed, that is a 2.5 legacy with a CVT. Now, not to bash anyone here with a 2.5i limited. I am trying to make a point.

I traded in my 2.5i 6mt, even though it had a 6-speed, for a 3.6R automatic. I'm quite sure my 3.6R would do very well in stock form compared to an Audi A4 2.0 quattro, AND at around $10,000+ less.

And, if you happen to be in San Jose, I'd be more than happy to give you a ride in my car and make you a believer.

Cheers!

The Accord, Camry, Mazda6, etc. all have V6 auto versions, too... ;)

Maybe if there was a turbocharged upmarket Legacy to compare with the A4...

Hmmm...

Oh wait.

Fully loaded it would be a great successor to my dead 2008 LGT.

I'm thinking it's going to be a replacement for my very alive 2008 LGT Spec B lol.

I would love to go with the limited trim with the keyless entry/HK Navi package.

Led black shroud headlights, leather heated seats, power driver seat, 440 watt system and Nav, keyless entry and more...

It's actually a tiny bit bigger in most interior dimensions and trunk space than the 4th gen legacy believe it or not.

The Legacy is also end of life. Every single car in that comparison is newer than the Legacy and all but two are an entire generation ahead of the Legacy.

Legacy or WRX, Subaru needed to get into direct injection in the last decade. A 3.6 NA direct injected motor should be making 300hp at the crank and get at least the same mileage I am seeing. 3.5 nissan made close to 287 in 2003. That was 10 years before I bought my car.

The Legacy is also end of life. Every single car in that comparison is newer than the Legacy and all but two are an entire generation ahead of the Legacy.

If they threw the 4th Gen LGT in there it might be called small for the segment, but no way in hell would it would be called "No nonsense, pleated khakis" of the comparison.

"Lacking style inside and out"? Never heard that about the 4th gen.

Dont blame the generation, unless you concede Subaru made a different class of car for the 5th Gen, and look for a return of the sport sedan with the 6th gen...

Dont blame the generation, unless you concede Subaru made a different class of car for the 5th Gen, and look for a return of the sport sedan with the 6th gen...

...it's the same class of car it has always been, a mid-sizer. However, in GT trim the 5th gen Legacy is a proper sports sedan just like the 4th gen before it was.

If they threw the 4th Gen LGT in there it might be called small for the segment, but no way in hell would it would be called "No nonsense, pleated khakis" of the comparison.

"Lacking style inside and out"? Never heard that about the 4th gen.

The previous generation 2.5i was a total snorefest. It was completely ignored by the press. They didn't even put that car in reviews.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Subaru's power curve of the old WRX's EJ25 vs the 2015 FA20DIT is attached...dat powerband.

Also, it's seeming like the 2015 STi will be similar to the 5th gen LGT, with the EJ25 with a low mounted turbo. If that's true, I wonder how Subaru's PR will explain the latest and greatest cool engine in the lowly WRX, with the outgoing engine model in the STi.

njze.jpg.b384db079e83e4fd42b54be00692da6c.jpg

Again, no one who is talking about how great the 4th gen was has any comparisons of the 4th gen 2.5i. I want to see where it's being compared to a A4 (or any cars really)

The 2015 WRX is likely the closest replacement to the 4th gen we're going to see for a while. Sucks for insurance purposes, but whatever.

It's about the same size as the 4th gen, interior seems a lot better than the previous model Impreza, it's available as an auto and a manual, and rumor seems to be that it'll be getting a wagon version (similar to how it had one back in 2007).

The Legacy GT is only half of the Legacy equation (possibly much less as I can't seem to find the sales numbers for GT vs 2.5i models).

Archived