LegacyGT.com

Rotora BBK in development...

jsalicru

Here is our pricing on the one piece kit that will fit w/the stock 17's.

Front is $1275.00

Rear is $930.00

The kits come w/all the necessary lines for installation.

In regards to the stage 2 that you requested. Please email or pm me exactly which brands you are looking at. There are quite a few options to get to stage 2 w/your car.

Unfortunately we do not have an online shopping cart. Most of our mail order sales is via message board. Our website shows some of the work we did for toyota motor co. and scion. We built their sema cars.

PM Sent

I want both. Can you do them for 2200 Shipped? I am PMins now.

Sweeeeet.....

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys charged, so Im guessing it was in stock. He said he would call back if it was in stock, than charge. But its all good. If it isnt in stock, LMK. And a tracking would be cool if you guys get one.

Thanks a lot! Any idea on average install...from Subaru? I can always do it myself if its too much, but I want reciepts/warranties/etc. all good with this car.

-Chris

if you are in SoCal you can always PM me for an install. Otherwise it really isn't too bad. Make sure that you get a flare nut wrench for the brake lines.

Also, if for some reason these people don't have the items in stock, I wouldn't worry too much, Rotora is only like 10 miles or so from Diamond Bar.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

You guys charged, so Im guessing it was in stock. He said he would call back if it was in stock, than charge. But its all good. If it isnt in stock, LMK. And a tracking would be cool if you guys get one.

Thanks a lot! Any idea on average install...from Subaru? I can always do it myself if its too much, but I want reciepts/warranties/etc. all good with this car.

-Chris

Chris,

thanks for the order. The kit was in stock and we picked up for you yesterday and will have them shipped out to you today. Since you're in AZ it shouldn't take too long to get to you. I pm'd you the tracking info.

-arnold

That's a good question on the color. I'm pretty sure they are sealed. Also, I believe the rear will most likely be a bolt-on affair.

I've had my Rotora's since July-August of last year. I have absolutely no negative comments regarding the kit. It has suited me perfectly.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

OK, I just found out some additional information for you guys on the setup.

First off, I will posting pictures of the rear kit in a little bit. Im getting images e-mailed to me right now.

I might also consider actually purchasing the kit.

Also, I have some additional information on pads.

I currently have a street pad, called the H2. It is quite nice for daily driving and even in spirited driving, it has never faded on me. However, I will be purchasing a set of H6 pads pretty soon. These are their ceramic race pads. They have had good reviews apparently from people using the in various types of racing.

Even better, if you wish to run a different pad, here's the standard part number for it.

This is the number that designates the shape of the pad.

FMSI Reference: D810

In the case of Hawk Pads for example.

Here are their options:

Street Compounds

HPS Part: HB193F.670 (Tire Rack Price: $113)

Ceramic Part: HB193Z.670

HP PLUS Part: HB193N.670 (Tire Rack Price: $150)

Racing Compounds

Blue 9012 Part: HB193E.670

DTC-60 Part: HB193G.670

HT 10 Part: HB193S.670

DTC-70 Part: HB193U.670

HT 14 Part: HB193V.670

If you want to search by vehicle applications here are the cars that have that size pad from the factory:

Front Brake Pads for:

2003-99 Aston Martin DB7

2004-03 Dodge Viper

1996-94 Ferrari 456 GT

1994-92 Ferrari 512 TR

1992-88 Ferrari F40

1997-94 Ferrari F50

2000-98 Ferrari Modena

2002 Jaguar XJ-R, XJR-S, XJ Sport, XJ Super V8

2004-03 Jaguar XK 8

2004-00 Jaguar XK R

2003-97 Lamborghini Diablo

Rear Brake Pads for:

2004-03 Dodge Viper

1992-88 Ferrari F40

1997-94 Ferrari F50

Rotora Big Brake Kit (rear) Rbk016.01

Subaru Impreza

2-piston Caliper Rear (red Or Metallic Blue)

1-piece System 290x18mm (11.5") Disc (slotted/drilled Or Slotted)

Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Carbon Steel Mount Bracket

H2 Ceramic Competition Pads

Minimal Wheel Size Required: 16"

Rotora Big Brake Kit (rear) Rbk016.02

Subaru Impreza

4-piston Caliper Rear (red Or Metallic Blue)

2-piece System 330x30mm (13") Disc (slotted/drilled Or Slotted)

Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Carbon Steel Mount Bracket

H2 Ceramic Competition Pads

Minimal Wheel Size Required: 17"

2-piston-1piece.jpg.af29840298c7fd5445a5dc4685a4ad07.jpg

4-Piston-Brake-System.jpg.c0ae85ae1f04e51b1d8b80f0a6cbbfb3.jpg

Thanks for the complements on the pictures :) I can do a lot better with proper lighting. The Canon EOS Rebel does help A LOT ;)

http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-08-21%2017.26.33%20-0700/Image-44A4E5EE12A311DA.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-08-21%2017.26.33%20-0700/Image-44A50F3912A311DA.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-08-21%2017.26.33%20-0700/Image-44A52FB012A311DA.jpg

All that braking power and you're still on RE92s?!

Keefe

lol, you are telling me! RE92s, lack of a RSB, and better brake pads are keeping me away from the track!

You have to understand though... When those brakes were installed, I think my car had 1,500 miles on the odo. It wasn't even 2 weeks old :lol:

Bump for potential pictures of 330x30 4-pot pictures with 18" wheels, please. :)

Also, to again bring up a technical question - are these sealed/shielded? I also would not want to rebuild every few months! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I just wanted to check-back to confirm that the Rotoras are indeed dust-shielded/sealed.

This is directly from tech@rotora.com

:)

Not bad at all, a nice, clear, concise and professional reply within 24 hours of my originating e-mail.

They've got my business. I'll definitely be stopping with the Rotora BBKs in the near future.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

jsalicru can we get plain rotors not slotted or x-drilled?

I have never asked this question, however, I would at least get a slotted disc. Whenever I replace the discs I will use slotted only.

^ +1 on bleed question....

I've always just done a standard bleed, but good question! :)

----

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have 18" wheels, whould ya? ;)

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have 18" wheels, whould ya? ;)

+1, Yeah cause the kits are known to clear the stock LGT 17" wheels but I don't think it's been confirmed on the stock OBXT wheels.

I keed I keeed

:) I mainly just wanted to see someone with 18s - for aesthetics only. ;)

I'm hoping that they'll fill the wheel-void nicely.

It clears the stock LGT wheels with room to spare, so I would be shocked if it didn't work with the OBXTs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any info of stopping distance from 70MPH?

I know our stock legacy does 177ft I believe (according to car and driver)

A BBK won't make you stop much sooner. The tires are responsible for that. RE-92's suck for braking distance. A BBK is important for resistance to brake fade, improved pedal feel, and better initial response.

Archived