LegacyGT.com

Rotora BBK in development...

jsalicru

yes, Rotora fitted my car with a rear kit while I was there, however, I don't know what size rotor it was, so I can't comment on it. It was a 2 piston setup.

I'm gonna guess front to rear wont work because of bracket bolt pattern for starters... Other than that, the caliper doesn't need to have e-brake functions so I dono why it couldn't be

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1.. Maybe it won't work because of bracket differences and brake bias? I dunno.. I'd love to know.

I assume that the brackets are different on the Legacy but even if they weren't the bias would be a huge problem.

And speaking of bias did Rotora say how the 330x30 kit would affect it?

It wouldn't affect it any differently than slapping a STi Brembo kit (especially since its the same size)... or a Racing Brake kit... or a Stoptech kit...
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

...what's the gig..do you have lines into just slotted rotors for us?

huh?

Oh haha, actually he DID ask to borrow my stock rotors for sizing and what not. Im sure they measured up too. So basically, Im sure they will come out with some.

It wouldn't affect it any differently than slapping a STi Brembo kit (especially since its the same size)... or a Racing Brake kit... or a Stoptech kit...

Uhm so which one of those? I'm pretty sure they all have different size pistons in the calipers which means different amounts of clamping force which means different amounts of brake torque which means different bias.

Im sure that all use similar size pistons... that's what I meant to say.

Either way.. no, I didn't ask.

STi Brembo is meant to work with rear brembos..

Stoptech seems to have one model 4 pot for all applications (ST-40)... they sell you the same one if you get just the fronts or if you get it coupled with the ST-22 2 piston rear setup.

The ST-40 and the ST-22 are used in MANY applications...

Racing Brake seems to use 38 x 38mm pistons on all applications too...

sounds like Stop-Tech is right for you then. However, Stop-Tech seems to be the rarity in which they would actually take the time to measure that up. Most other companies I do not think take that into account.

I have never seen/heard of anyone who went for a brake fitment at any of these companies who was asked to evaluate its brake bias properties. Typically, when you add a big setup in the front only, you get more front bias. When you get a whole kit (like my set and the 330mm 2piston rear set), then you get a more balanced setup. In the case of race teams using Stop-Tech brakes, Im sure they also get the oportunity to tune the bias to the driver's liking.

By my subjective point of view, I can tell you that if the bias was changed by using this setup, it wasn't changed by much. When breaking them in you are supposed to do about 10 hard(ish) stops from 45mph-5 and from around 60-5 and I found the braking to be quite adequate. Of course, any increased or decreased performance would be so slight that one could not subjectively tell the difference. You would need equipment for that.

The biggest reason to want a bigger setup in any of these cars is if you plan to do some track time and want a more consistent setup while out at the track.

In my case, I went with this setup because it was a really good oportunity. I plan to go to the track but not often enough for me to really shell out $1,500 for a brake setup.

To give you a relative idea of what effect this setup would have.. one of the bigger magazines (road/track, C&D, I forgot) recently did an article where they used Progress suspension, some BBS wheels, and front STi Brembos on their car. Using STi brembos should have just about the same effect as adding one of these big front setups. The STi setup is meant to work with bigger rears. They experienced positive results. However, Im sure that part of that was due to better contact patch, i.e. better tires.

Basically, my issue with you here driggity is that you are asking and questioning something that I couldn't give you an honest answer about. I, in turn, am trying to tell you that this company does not operate in a different manner than 95-99% of the other companies out there that offer big brake kits. They might make you think they do, but in practice, this might not be so.

Basically, my issue with you here driggity is that you are asking and questioning something that I couldn't give you an honest answer about. I, in turn, am trying to tell you that this company does not operate in a different manner than 95-99% of the other companies out there that offer big brake kits. They might make you think they do, but in practice, this might not be so.

My initial question was just if Rotora told you anything about how (or if) bias was affected. I know people that are very happy with their product and have no reason to think that what they made for the LGT is bad. Some BBKs increase brake torque on the front wheels while some decrease it. I was just looking for information regarding this. You don't have that information and thats fine.

they have three different types available... Im looking for that info right now...

Shoot... I have their H2 pad.. they offer three different cerametallic compounds. The pad that I have is an intermediate pad.

Yeah, still stock in the bad as far as pads and what not since I wasn't even expecting to get the BBK kit... Shoot, I think I just now finally put 1k on them...

when you see them in person, they are quite different. The racing brake ones are smaller/lighter than these.

when you see them in person, they are quite different. The racing brake ones are smaller/lighter than these.

Any update on the rear brake kit??

After now having these on for a few weeks, have you noticed better stopping power?? more control anything ???

would you suggest these brakes?? or go with the STI brembo kit?? or one of the other setups out there for someone who WONT track race the car, just autox and spirited street driving.

thanks

auto-x and spirited driving? Get yourself a set of pads, lines, and fluid. It will be good enough.

I got the BBK because it was a really exceptional deal for me... although I think eventually I might have done a STi Brembo anyways.

The STi Brembo is the most economical setup since you can get the fronts for around 7-900

I am happy with the Rotora, the pedal is firmer and its easy to modulate the braking. Doesn't require as much effort in my part as the STi Brembo. During tracking I REALLY had to stomp on the STi Brembo to get them to stop well. So much so that it because very very hard to do heel-toes in the braking zones... During Auto-X is was also an issue. I don't forsee that with these since its not as hard. The STi almost felt underassisted.

One real plus about the Rotora is that they clear easily with stock wheels. That might mean a lot to people in the northern states where they have to take-off their blingin wheels to go through the winter months..

auto-x and spirited driving? Get yourself a set of pads, lines, and fluid. It will be good enough.

I got the BBK because it was a really exceptional deal for me... although I think eventually I might have done a STi Brembo anyways.

The STi Brembo is the most economical setup since you can get the fronts for around 7-900

I am happy with the Rotora, the pedal is firmer and its easy to modulate the braking. Doesn't require as much effort in my part as the STi Brembo. During tracking I REALLY had to stomp on the STi Brembo to get them to stop well. So much so that it because very very hard to do heel-toes in the braking zones... During Auto-X is was also an issue. I don't forsee that with these since its not as hard. The STi almost felt underassisted.

One real plus about the Rotora is that they clear easily with stock wheels. That might mean a lot to people in the northern states where they have to take-off their blingin wheels to go through the winter months..

where do you get the Rotoras from??? are they available for retail yet??

Ok, new update for you guys.

Part number for the Legacy front BBK is RBK011.01

Also, I go in either this weekend or next week for the rears...

Archived