LegacyGT.com

Wasp build Thread

Yes SBT, KJE Engine Design completely focked me, and literally installed the piston rings upside down. It's great... In fact I'm sincerely enjoying this.

Sent from my iPhone 5 because technology is grand.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to run as sticker-free as possible, btu I'll think about it, lol...

Carrillo rods = baller status? I dunno, I didn't buy them originally <shrug>

They do seem to go for ~$500 used with a lot more miles on nasioc, but I hear ya.

Paying $475 for used rods as opposed to new for $360? Call me crazy, but I think the Manleys might do just fine for my application.

Sweet Jesus man...I know it's been said about thirty times already, but DAMN! I've seen some carnage, but just wow.

I'm really sorry this happened. Any recourse going after the shop? Good luck with the rebuild and take your time.

:yeahthat:

Wow, this is awful, and painful to read about. I'm very sorry this happened to you.

I too would like to know if you're going after the shop. I hope you can make the case that their warranty should not have a length of time for this level of ineptitude and horrendous workmanship, especially because these issues could not have shown themselves immediately.

In the hopes of a trouble-free second build, I would steer clear of Eagle rods. Here is my experience with them. Good luck.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone-have-arp-2000-rod-bolts-hit-blocki-216188.html?t=216188&highlight=arp+rod+bolts+eagle

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Rl6nJ_Vy3jA/TUgl-SYZV0I/AAAAAAAAADs/niS5OyGSRtI/s1600/main.jpg

10287288_4125912083669_1034053798_n.jpg?oh=137121ff83c3dd26d70ba7ca054f2369&oe=53633AC7

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new block with a crank, I got the rods, rings, king bearings, having pistons recoated, have rotating mass balanced. I need to buy a new oil pump, and buy a gasket kit.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I picked up most of my new parts and delivered them to my friend who is building the motor for me. The rotating assembly is on its way to Precision for balancing. My 99.5 bore Wiseco's are being sent out for recoating. I purchased another OEM master gasket kit and dropped that off as well. I should have the short block back in my hands in about a week. I still need to purchase another 11mm OEM high flow oil pump (although I've considered taking the other one apart and just cleaning it/only 3k on it for fucks sake!), 9 quarts of oil and two filters. I'd like to purchase an aftermarket oil pick up tube. Does anyone on here sell them at a discount. I don't really want to end up paying a small fortune just for a tube. KB Motorsports tube is too pricey, it seems.

I have a Moroso pick up tube, and I've had zero problems with it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Moroso-24965-Pump-Pickup-Subaru/dp/B005PX0SAO]Amazon.com: Moroso 24965 Oil Pump Pickup for Subaru EJ 20/EJ 25: Automotive[/ame]

My wife's balls are delicious.

I honestly think that if I blew my motor, I'd be jaded enough to just go back to stock and sell it, or go with a super conservative stage 2 build.

Gee, your not being very supportive...;) if done right the engine should run for a long time.

God Luck Waspy, hope it works out better this time. Hey, its only money.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived