LegacyGT.com

Fuel Additives: Do you? If so, Recommendations?

The combination of the MMO, Techron and Acetone, adds lubrication, octane, and varnish removal. SeeeeeYa's "science" seems to be well-founded.

Snopes says the acetone thing is unfounded. I'm neither saying Snopes is 100% right, nor that SeeeeeeYa is wrong, just throwing it out there that Snopes says there's apparently no empirical data behind it. You guys should start posting some data :)

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/acetone.asp

LE: nevermind, the article speaks to acetone improving MPG. If that is not the intent of its use, the point is moot.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys using B-12 Chemtool Total Fuel System Clean-up or B-12 Chemtool Fuel Treatment

According to the MSDS, the Clean-Up version adds Polymeric Amine (PEA), while decreasing the amount of Acetone and Methanol, compared to the regular Fuel Treatment. The regular Fuel Treatment is the MSDS data that JmP6889928 posted in post #26, so I'm assuming that's the stuff. However, isn't PEA part of what makes Techron special?

I jumped on this too, just as a preventative item. Bought the B-12 in the aluminum can, and poured about half of it into 10 gallons.

My car idled incredibly smooth and started without issue with 128k miles before, but it seems a bit happier starting up with the B-12. Gas mileage seems unchanged.

Are you guys using B-12 Chemtool Total Fuel System Clean-up or B-12 Chemtool Fuel Treatment

According to the MSDS, the Clean-Up version adds Polymeric Amine (PEA), while decreasing the amount of Acetone and Methanol, compared to the regular Fuel Treatment. The regular Fuel Treatment is the MSDS data that JmP6889928 posted in post #26, so I'm assuming that's the stuff. However, isn't PEA part of what makes Techron special?

B12 Chemtool Fuel Treatment. The Total Fuel System is good but it's much more expensive due to the PEA. I've run both over the years (When I was repping Berryman, I used to get it for free so I could use as much as I wanted) but more immediate results always seemed to come from the red/white/blue can. Usually the TFS is about double the cost and not worth the extra money in my opinion.

B12 Chemtool Fuel Treatment. The Total Fuel System is good but it's much more expensive due to the PEA. I've run both over the years (When I was repping Berryman, I used to get it for free so I could use as much as I wanted) but more immediate results always seemed to come from the red/white/blue can. Usually the TFS is about double the cost and not worth the extra money in my opinion.

Cool. I went to Autozone on my lunch break, and they only had the regular Fuel Treatment stuff, so I picked up some of that. Gonna wait till next week, since I'm probably not going to be driving much between Thursday and Sunday.

Car runs well now, but I have been getting some slow starts on cold days.

Well after a few cold day's, I'm thinking the wagon starts about the same as it did before I spent the $4.78. Not really sure it's worth it...LOL

For that amount of money, I'm sure it may have helped something, I'm also sure it didn't hurt anything.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well after a few cold day's, I'm thinking the wagon starts about the same as it did before I spent the $4.78. Not really sure it's worth it...LOL

For that amount of money, I'm sure it may have helped something, I'm also sure it didn't hurt anything.

Helps my Dodge minivans every time I put it in........:hide::p

Just watch out - PEA are one of the things that can give you cancer...

But everything these days can give you cancer.

453747.png

• 1 month later...
After the initial dosing, i use it 1 tankful every oil change (3250 miles). If I'm taking a trip, I use a dose on the trip fill-up, just to get as much sustained IDC as possible. Then back to 1x during the OCI.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I've done it when I had to fill up at a gas station that only had lower grade gas; at a station with very old pumps...knowing that if the pumps are that old, there is no way that tank underground is completely sealed off. Edited by aerophool

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

well I've got a low idle and a little stumble between 2-3k out of boost so I'm running the b12. Put a full can in just over half a tank. Might be a little techron additive in there but figure it wouldn't hurt. Lady and I are hitting the road tonight for a little trip and I should burn it all this weekend.

Drove it 330 miles on a tank today with the SYSS in the tank. Smooth power, snappy acceleration and 28MPG for the tank, avg 70.9mph

Drove it 330 miles on a tank today with the SYSS in the tank. Smooth power, snappy acceleration and 28MPG for the tank, avg 70.9mph

Whats the RPM at 80 for the the GT? OBXT is 3K and I want more leg on this to help gas milage... Just looks to be a pig to swap everything over so a not going to happen senario.

Your getting run over out here at 70. So good average.

At 80, and running stock 215/45x17 winter rubber, the GT is ticking over at ~2850 rpm. Your OBXT has a 4.444 final drive (3.583 if 5EAT), and the GT has a 4.111 so that and the tire size do make a difference.