LegacyGT.com

100mph in Legacy 2.5 GT wagon for 90miles -- Legally!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is very cool. When we lived in Germany we usually drove between 115-130.

Someone already mentioned this but the roads in the US are not built to drive at these speeds. I've tried it. It is scary how much worse our roads are compared to those in most of western Europe.

I don't find the roads here to be too bad at 80-100... some are perfectly fine at up to 140. It's the deer, trash trucks, turkeys, rabbits, groundhogs, drunk pedestrians and bears that make it less than practical. So many road hazards, so many reasons I wish I had a brush guard on the Subaru.

I don't find the roads here to be too bad at 80-100... some are perfectly fine at up to 140. It's the deer, trash trucks, turkeys, rabbits, groundhogs, drunk pedestrians and bears that make it less than practical. So many road hazards, so many reasons I wish I had a brush guard on the Subaru.

I have to agree. My biggest problem is the lack of quality drivers on the road. If everyone was taught better driving at higher speeds wouldn't be as dangerous.

There are roads that are really flat in the middle of NV. There are also ones that have a lot of rollers to them. Obviously the rollers limit your speed.

I've never found though sitting at 140-150 mph to be that 'thrilling'. It's always been the corners that excite me.

10 LGT showing up for the rookie class would be a sight to see, tho.(boxkita)

I'd be in. (GTeaser)

Hell, I might just be convinced to show up at that too if there were going to be a bunch from all over the US. Sounds like a pretty amazing way to put faces with all of the names on here that we chat with.

If there are a bunch going, count me in.

:)

or the chevelle that did 240?

video of the chevelle moving at speed, along with a few others -

Now that looks like fun. I'm sure it'd be great doing 100 in the LGT but 180+ and the heart rate is up for a bit :lol:.

Deven just asked Corey if you had run in the event and he didn't know. You should let him know how much fun you had!!

OK....so just in looking at the posts currently on this thread, if only the ones that actually HAVE their location on their information (Not "far from a racetrack" or "in the periphery"...LOL) but the REST of us who see fit to offer at least the state we are in, here's what I come up with so far:

ND, VA, MI, NV, CO, PA, NJ, MN, FL, OR, CT, CA

How damn cool would it be if we could have at least FORTY EIGHT show up-1 from each of the lower 48 states and if the other 2 wanted to be there too, that would really groove. HOW could Subaru ignore something like this? It would for sure make it into their "Drive" magazine and I would bet that they would sponsor at least the Subarus that showed up, most likely with swag and maybe some cash-who knows unless we ask?

It can be coordinated and we would need to set up hotel arrangements and travel times, but imagine a huge pit with at least 50 LGT's in it and everyone seeing and meeting everyone in person that they only see on here?

I would be willing to work on the travel coordination for hotel and other accommodations if people wanted to camp or whatever instead. BUT...if I'm going to work on this, I would need rock solid commitments in order to secure a good hotel rate, so if you're interested, let's start a thread for this.

DUDES, if anyone is serious about this....count me in.

OK....so just in looking at the posts currently on this thread, if only the ones that actually HAVE their location on their information (Not "far from a racetrack" or "in the periphery"...LOL) but the REST of us who see fit to offer at least the state we are in, here's what I come up with so far:

ND, VA, MI, NV, CO, PA, NJ, MN, FL, OR, CT, CA, WA

How damn cool would it be if we could have at least FORTY EIGHT show up-1 from each of the lower 48 states and if the other 2 wanted to be there too, that would really groove. HOW could Subaru ignore something like this? It would for sure make it into their "Drive" magazine and I would bet that they would sponsor at least the Subarus that showed up, most likely with swag and maybe some cash-who knows unless we ask?

It can be coordinated and we would need to set up hotel arrangements and travel times, but imagine a huge pit with at least 50 LGT's in it and everyone seeing and meeting everyone in person that they only see on here?

I would be willing to work on the travel coordination for hotel and other accommodations if people wanted to camp or whatever instead. BUT...if I'm going to work on this, I would need rock solid commitments in order to secure a good hotel rate, so if you're interested, let's start a thread for this.

DUDES, if anyone is serious about this....count me in.

Dudes - this costs money. The class (95-110) that Deven ran in costs $50 club membership annual dues (required) + $560 touring class entry fee + $250 mandatory novice school (every one except Deven) + 4 days of lodging & food + gas + car prep + transportation to get there. You're looking at $1500-$2500 depending on the condition of your car & how far you need to drive to get here.

The next "race" is May 15-18, 2014.

That said, this would be a fun meet/event. If we could get Subaru to sponsor a meet or hook into a meet in the area, that'd be a nice tie-in.

Dudes - this costs money. The class (95-110) that Deven ran in costs $50 club membership annual dues (required) + $560 touring class entry fee + $250 mandatory novice school (every one except Deven) + 4 days of lodging & food + gas + car prep + transportation to get there. You're looking at $1500-$2500 depending on the condition of your car & how far you need to drive to get here.

The next "race" is May 15-18, 2014.

That said, this would be a fun meet/event. If we could get Subaru to sponsor a meet or hook into a meet in the area, that'd be a nice tie-in.

The cost per minute in the car is pretty high considering a weekend track day is typically $225-250 out here.

However it's pretty unique an experience with generally easy access for people. They don't have to make their car a 'race car' to do this event. Most good condition cars will do this stock.

For me while I'm interested I get married May 17th 2014 so that puts me as a no-go :(

I can't see Subaru putting their name on something like this, 5-8 year old cars traveling at 100+ mph, little Johnny gets a blowout and does a 1/2 dozen rolls :eek: don't see Subaru touching it. Would be nice though.

I can't see Subaru putting their name on something like this, 5-8 year old cars traveling at 100+ mph, little Johnny gets a blowout and does a 1/2 dozen rolls :eek: don't see Subaru touching it. Would be nice though.

Probably true. I'm sure there's a 5th gen owner out there who's interested? :cool:

Archived