LegacyGT.com

100mph in Legacy 2.5 GT wagon for 90miles -- Legally!

10 LGT showing up for the rookie class would be a sight to see, tho.

I'd be in.

I can't see Subaru putting their name on something like this, 5-8 year old cars traveling at 100+ mph, little Johnny gets a blowout and does a 1/2 dozen rolls :eek: don't see Subaru touching it. Would be nice though.

Actually, I think Subaru would be pretty interested due to the fact that they have so many "old" cars out that that look as nice as most of the posters on these forums have. To see 10 year old cars (by then) running along at 100 mph says a lot about the cars themselves and how well they're made (at least in Subaru's eyes...LOL) so it would be a great promotional thing. Kind of like the Firestone commercials now where they take an older car and put their tires on it and say how much it makes the car better.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dudes - this costs money. The class (95-110) that Deven ran in costs $50 club membership annual dues (required) + $560 touring class entry fee + $250 mandatory novice school (every one except Deven) + 4 days of lodging & food + gas + car prep + transportation to get there. You're looking at $1500-$2500 depending on the condition of your car & how far you need to drive to get here.

The next "race" is May 15-18, 2014.

That said, this would be a fun meet/event. If we could get Subaru to sponsor a meet or hook into a meet in the area, that'd be a nice tie-in.

Granted that IS a lot of money and maybe a lot of people can't afford to pay all of the fees, HOWEVER, it would be one hell of a cool nationwide meet to show up without actually competing, but just to show support for LGT.com and Legacys in general.

We COULD work on a national meet somewhere in the middle of the country and see what kind of interest we could generate too and bag the possibility of the race.

It was just an idea and I think it would be pretty cool. :)

^^This. I'm down no matter what. The entry fees are somewhat expensive, so not sure if I could really do it since my wife and I still haven't gone on a real honeymoon and we have been married for 2 years now. Need to be conscious of priorities.

In down no matter what too. But all this talk about Subaru sponsorship... it would be a great idea. Even if they covered everyones race fees and rented half a hotel, it would be a awesome commercial. Look at what ford does with their promoting for the trucks. Advertising how reliable your cars are is a big plus. 5-10 year old cars doing 100 plus through the desert for an hour at high rpm is a great spectacle.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

That's sounds like a great time, ok not too far away in west Texas. But Dayum that's alot of money to run a race..lol most of the races I have ever done were highly illegal or just a 5 dollar admission for the car and me to drag race..guess you gotta pay to play.

Many people could show up and as boxkita says, the rest of us can just show support for the ones that do decide to run. If you figure that you're NOT going to run, that would take about $900 out of the equation.

I would bet that hotel rooms could be had for around the $80-$90 dollar range, and that you could camp for $15-$25 per night if you so desired. Figure the cost of fuel, and the rest, I would bet that you could do a 5-6 day trip for around $750-$1000. That's not out of line for any other vacation and you would be surrounded by Subarus for as far as the eye could see...LOL

In down no matter what too. But all this talk about Subaru sponsorship... it would be a great idea. Even if they covered everyones race fees and rented half a hotel, it would be a awesome commercial. Look at what ford does with their promoting for the trucks. Advertising how reliable your cars are is a big plus. 5-10 year old cars doing 100 plus through the desert for an hour at high rpm is a great spectacle.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

I think the sell to Subaru will be a hard one to be honest. Someone will need to know someone inside SA to get the funds.

Archived