LegacyGT.com

Video of USDM Legacy Spec B on Edmunds.com

BrownBoy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you people who think it's a dissappointment better hope it sells well...otherwise it might be the only attempt Subaru makes to offer a "premium" Legacy version.

I think it's dead sexy...and knowing how the european press all raved about the Spec-B's tuned suspension I'd bet the suspension and handling characteristics alone justify the price whatever it may be...but nobody knows yet..

I want the Navi....and steering wheel controls.....hmm... soon as someone can disect a spec B navi....we can fig. out if it's plug and play... but with 500 units... might be a lil difficult...hopefully somone here who gets it... will do some 'exploratory' surgery... hehe

All you people who think it's a dissappointment better hope it sells well...otherwise it might be the only attempt Subaru makes to offer a "premium" Legacy version.

If they offer one that's -not- a disappointment, I'll help it sell well by buying one. Not interested in rewarding them for the Spec-P (oser).

hmm..interesting comments everyone has. I also see that it is still pretty split on the whole Spec B a good deal or not controversy. I wasnt so sure myself, but w/ Tide's breakdown, and for future STi goodies, etc., I think this Spec B is the right step up. As far as stlying, it looks good, but I think it needs some Spec B or Bilstien badging, just so everyone knows you actually got one of these rare beasts. And i wish they kept the black headlight housings, it looked more agressive. And it's not a full blown STi, I know, but it is in the right DIRECTION. That is what we need to see from SOA, not the WRONG DIRECTION. Yes, it's not a full blown package, but at least there IS a step up from the "normal" GT. And if it truly does come in stickering at round 34K, it just might be a good deal, compared w/ the reg. GT. And it would be an awesome deal for someone that MUST have manual and a navi. Maybe this limited run Spec B is the reason there is no manual and navi together...thought about that? I think that the manual/navi. will be added once all the Spec Bs are gone. This is simply to get the Spec Bs an advantage. I'm actually trying to convince a friend to get this instead of a TL. But there's no hope there... Oh yeah, just so you guys know, SOJ released a "Tuned by STi" Legacy. Guess what? From what I've read, no real engine performance improvements. Only suspension/chassis improvements. Only 600 units. (Taken from Nasioc) So, for all you guys that want an STi Legacy, pray that these guys are sold out as soon as they start taking orders.

It looked like it had JDM tail lights, with wider "Clear parts" perhaps with integrated signals. That would be cool.

I could give or take the titanium paint. It looked kind of dull to me, probably on an overcast day. I actually think it would be much nicer in a black, richer blue, or Solid Red. Each of those colors would suit the red interior.

The Red interior... The Controversy.

I like it. I wasn't sure before, with all props to Opie, the situation with his earlier still photos put too much flash on the interior, and bleached out the color, and made it look more pink than the somewhat better lit video footage shows.

As I said in another thread, after seeing some 05 BMW M3s with red interiors, it is quite striking, and quite nice. After seeing a few 05 Mustangs with it, the Legacy probably will look better, if the leather is as smooth as the black and the taupe leathers Subaru uses.

Wheels...

Nice. I like them but they are likely none too light, and are only 7" wide. (same as JDM GT Spec B.) I would much rather have BBS RG-Rs half an inch wider, and likely built to better tolerances of roundness, and measurably lighter weight.

If I were to buy a Spec B, the wheels would likely go on the sale block in trade for some GT 17" rims OR Rotas for winter duty, and some cash toward said RG-Rs.

Aluminum Suspension.

The BIG attractor for me. Lighter Alu control arms, better dampers, probably better spring rates and thicker anti-swaybars. The control arms are only sourceable via this car or importation. Bilsteins are great, and expensive in the aftermarket...

The car needs lower springs, maybe a rear swaybar, if it isn't up to the 20mm JDM variety. But a nice package.

NAV...

Don't need it. Would rather not pay for it. If I were to get a Spec B, I might consider selling the NAV system out of it. I'd love the money for other mods, but I would wonder about grenading the value of the car (who cares after selling off the wheels, right?), and the screen bit of it is kinda cool. I just have no need to spend 2k on a moving map.

Go or no go...

Still need to see it "in the metal" as it were, and need to see the price.

Price too high, and stays too high... no go.

Price too high, but drops due to low sales... Go if <30k.

Price reasonable, Maybe go, if I can be ready in time.

Alternative...

Buying a used 05 and modding it with what I want. Black with the red interior peices does sound really slick, though. I didn't really want to think about the incessant care of a black car, but with the red interior peices, it might really be a good looking vehicle. Silver is just too common, GRP is not the right color for a bright red interior, nor is blue. Not a huge fan of white, and Solid Red doesn't exist for the Legacy.

Sorry guys, but I don't care for it at all...

Red interior???? Come on.....

and no engine improvements??????????

SOA Puuuuhhh-leeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz bring us the twin-turbo H6 450hp and then we are going to see some serious people interested....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Guest *Jedimaster*
Sorry guys, but I don't care for it at all...

Red interior???? Come on.....

and no engine improvements??????????

SOA Puuuuhhh-leeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz bring us the twin-turbo H6 450hp and then we are going to see some serious people interested....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

:werd: You can get different leather form Bill Kolb :lol:

It looks nice but no engine improvements, is the killer. Do you really need 18's? I do love a nav system, the red leather is too non sleeper look. What the hell put in a huge spoiler anyway and call it a sti.

It's been said before but people keep missing it... the Spec B, Spec C lines from Subaru do not include engine changes. They are suspension/handling packages. This is true in the JDM market and appears will be true with ours. I get the impression people expect it to be a Legacy STi, which it is not. Just something to keep in mind. :)

Guest *Jedimaster*
It's been said before but people keep missing it... the Spec B, Spec C lines from Subaru do not include engine changes. They are suspension/handling packages. This is true in the JDM market and appears will be true with ours. I get the impression people expect it to be a Legacy STi, which it is not. Just something to keep in mind. :)

I didn't know that. Oh well, I guess the JDM Spec B has teh suck too :lol:

Archived