LegacyGT.com

Video of USDM Legacy Spec B on Edmunds.com

BrownBoy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, it's not worth the money

only 500 are coming to US shore and i'm sure dealers are gonna jack up the price

it looks just like our GTs except those wheels, red seats, navy and steerin wheel audio controler.

suspension is the only thing that's same as JDM spec B

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I'll keep my 05' MT LGT and spend the extra $10K on the parts I really want. According to my local dealer here they are all going to be marked up with the LAO pricing (Limited Availability Option). Considering I only paid $23K plus tax & trade on my 05' I am fairly confident that with the money I saved I could have a one bad ass LGT that would whip the 06' spec b in style and performance and still come in under the cost that a new spec b owner is going to have to pay.

I do agree that the red interior is hot. I have always loved color inset in the trim and seats. However, give it time. Before long someone will offer a leather seating option. Katzkin offers them for Pontiac vehicles for only $795 and install is not that badly priced ($200-400) from a local automotive upholstery installer. http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GP2009&Product_Count=14&Category_Code=GPINT

IMO if they come out with a true spec b in 07' with some nice performance and suspension modifications, then I may consider trading in. However, I still feel that for the price difference you could do an awful lot to our awesome first year 05' LGTs.

That is because it is a half *ssed attempt:( Unfortunately 500 buyers will walk through the door & foolishly buy this window dressed LGT limited. If they were to sit in the showrooms SOA may upgrade more than just the following:

Suspension.....Great!

Wheels.......Looks nice...seen better

Interior......Depends on consumer( I think it looks like S^IT)

@ least for what they are asking they should have thrown in Brembos;)

If anyone thinks dealerships are not going to Market Adjust these vehicles you are fooling yourself. These will be sitting in the showroom for 37-40K......& like I said there is a sucker in every group;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

There hasn't been any official pricing. 3-5k over is a decent guess but your comparing to the non-navi model, which puts the guess 1-3k over the manual/nav. Personally upgraded suspension, wheels, tires (all three things I would add) would run me 2 - 3k alone.

Tide, no matter how much you use logic, people are always going to see the "grass as greener."

Once again, OUR Spec B is virtually the same leap from OUR GT as the JDM Spec B is from the JDM GT. In fact, our interior is changed more then theirs is...

Ted

:spin:

Yes our earth logic confuses many people here. :rolleyes:

The only competitor is the MazdaSpeed 6, which comes in at 33.4k when you equip it similarly. Since we have no firm specs/pricing on the Spec.B, its all conjecture anyways.

Tide, no matter how much you use logic, people are always going to see the "grass as greener."

Once again, OUR Spec B is virtually the same leap from OUR GT as the JDM Spec B is from the JDM GT. In fact, our interior is changed more then theirs is...

Ted

Just to run the numbers specifically:

$28,795 GT Limited

-- Could you get the non-limited, sure, but we're comparing apples to apples.

$2,000 Subaru Navigation

-- Non factory nav is cheaper, but the intergration is better (for resale too)

$2,237 For Wheels and Tires

-- Not inc. shipping -- OZ 18" and RE050A tires, source Tirerack.com

$1,000 Suspension

-- Based on takeoffs selling for $750+ a set

$0 Red Leather / Special Floormats / Misc.

-- Yeah, well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

----------

$34,032 to 'build it yourself' Spec.B

Hmm... love the tires. But I think that's about it :(

Don't like full-on all-red leather sets - I would much prefer some part of the seat trim to be black.

Metal pedals, lol. Should have been standard on the LGT's. :mad:

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived